Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

I’m not sure what your insight was other than cheer for Andrew Wiggins to retire because he sucks. Wow! Move over Bob Ryan and Jack McCallum we have awesome basketball insight flying at us!
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:54 am I’m not sure what your insight was other than cheer for Andrew Wiggins to retire because he sucks. Wow! Move over Bob Ryan and Jack McCallum we have awesome basketball insight flying at us!
I had enough insight to be years ahead of the curve on Wiggins, while you "bitched" at me for criticizing his ability, you had a lot more hope then.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

zeitgeist wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:12 am
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:54 am I’m not sure what your insight was other than cheer for Andrew Wiggins to retire because he sucks. Wow! Move over Bob Ryan and Jack McCallum we have awesome basketball insight flying at us!
I had enough insight to be years ahead of the curve on Wiggins, while you "bitched" at me for criticizing his ability, you had a lot more hope then.
I have no idea what you’re talking about. Look at my post s on Wiggins going back to 2017. Or even on the old board when we had it.I’ve never been a Wiggins bobo. You’re reaching. It’s cool. It’s funny you could honestly just read this thread and figure out I criticize Wiggins regularly :lol:
witljon

Post by witljon »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:59 pm The Wolves don't have anything of near value to get Simmons. They could offer their whole team without Towns and Philly would hang up the phone lol.
How about Saric and Covington? (and something else if needed)
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:18 am
I have no idea what you’re talking about. Look at my post s on Wiggins going back to 2017. Or even on the old board when we had it.I’ve never been a Wiggins bobo. You’re reaching. It’s cool. It’s funny you could honestly just read this thread and figure out I criticize Wiggins regularly :lol:
I never said you were a "Wiggins bobo", but you ABSOLUTELY did exactly what I said in my post you replied to. Yeah, you started criticizing Wiggins more openly around the same time everyone else did, when his PPG went down. You can hope that Wiggins will get better, I can hope that the Climate Change problem will fix itself on its own, we can both hope for things.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

zeitgeist wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:24 am
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:18 am

I never said you were a "Wiggins bobo", but you ABSOLUTELY did exactly what I said in my post you replied to. Yeah, you started criticizing Wiggins more openly around the same time everyone else did, when his PPG went down. You can hope that Wiggins will get better, I can hope that the Climate Change problem will fix itself on its own, we can both hope for things.
Awesome argument. Wigs sucks! Yes he does! I said Wigs sucks! Yes he does! No I said Wigs sucks......and I said it first. So? Wigs sucks and I said it too.

You guys have impressed me so much I might not kick you off a cliff.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Your basketball knowledge is determined on when you first said Wiggins sucked.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

The first time Wiggins has ever touched a weight?
Let's get Tropical
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

HeHateMe wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:02 pm Your basketball knowledge is determined on when you first said Wiggins sucked.
Well apparently my basketball knowledge was determined by the fact that I said we should hope Andrew Wiggins gets better. That was deemed ridiculous. But I’ll stand by it. Our best hope at relevance is Andrew Wiggins becoming a smarter, more efficient player. And maybe Rosas can have an impact on that. We’ll see.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:17 pm
OHHHHH YEEEAAAAAAAAA

STEP INTO A SLIM JIM!!!
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:39 pm
OHHHHH YEEEAAAAAAAAA

STEP INTO A SLIM JIM!!!
Snap.
j2j

Post by j2j »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:02 pm Your basketball knowledge is determined on when you first said Wiggins sucked.
I was tarred, feathered, and ostracized for stating that LaVine had a much higher ceiling and I preferred Zach.

Years of therapy and I still haven't recovered. :cry:
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

j2j wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:45 pm
I was tarred, feathered, and ostracized for stating that LaVine had a much higher ceiling and I preferred Zach.

Wigs still has the higher ceiling than Zach because at least he can defend at times. Lolvine will always be terrible at defense, even his own dad said so.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

kilkenny wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:41 pm
OHHHHH YEEEAAAAAAAAA

STEP INTO A SLIM JIM!!!
Snap.

You, Morneuamvp, Zelt, and Decker going to eat your words on wiggins and apologize to both of us next season :mrgreen:
j2j

Post by j2j »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:48 pm

Wigs still has the higher ceiling than Zach because at least he can defend at times. Lolvine will always be terrible at defense, even his own dad said so.
:lol:

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

I would take Lavine over Wiggins pretty easily. At least he helps you space the floor because he’s a relatively efficient 3 point shooter.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

j2j wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:00 pm

From Zach's own Dad from the Athletic article on how Zach was a top 10 worst defender in the league
“Zach didn’t play defense in high school,” Paul LaVine told Mayberry. “Because of the situation. Zach was everything to his high school. His high school never won anything until he got there. But all they worked on was put the ball in Zach’s hands. And the coach made him guard the sorriest guys. So he didn’t do anything. I didn’t work (with Zach) on defense. All we worked on was shooting, because that’s what he was good at.”

LaVine was never taught proper technique for anticipating screens and getting around them, which is one of the most important skills for a perimeter defender. Rather than predicting where a screen is coming, LaVine drifts right into them like a moth to a flame. When he does get hit, he either gives up or tries to barrel straight through them.

LaVine also doesn’t seem to understand defensive rotations. He is very late to communicate switches, often resulting in uncontested dunks or open 3s for opposing teams. He is a chronic over-helper, needlessly leaving his man open to double or triple-team the ball. He is very slow in seeing where he needs to rotate, and he compounds the problem with casual closeouts on open shooters.

LaVine’s worst habit is lagging back in transition defense. When things don’t go his way on offense, he will mentally give up on plays and concede great shots for opponents on the other end.
Learn the game noob
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

kilkenny wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:41 pm
OHHHHH YEEEAAAAAAAAA

STEP INTO A SLIM JIM!!!
Snap.
Was that the sound his back made when he picked up that weight?
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Fade most of the things in that article apply to Andrew Wiggins as well. He doesn’t fight screens, he doesn’t rotate properly, he’s lazy closing out on shooters. I mean you have to realize that.
j2j

Post by j2j »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:12 pm

From Zach's own Dad from the Athletic article on how Zach was a top 10 worst defender in the league
“Zach didn’t play defense in high school,” Paul LaVine told Mayberry. “Because of the situation. Zach was everything to his high school. His high school never won anything until he got there. But all they worked on was put the ball in Zach’s hands. And the coach made him guard the sorriest guys. So he didn’t do anything. I didn’t work (with Zach) on defense. All we worked on was shooting, because that’s what he was good at.”

LaVine was never taught proper technique for anticipating screens and getting around them, which is one of the most important skills for a perimeter defender. Rather than predicting where a screen is coming, LaVine drifts right into them like a moth to a flame. When he does get hit, he either gives up or tries to barrel straight through them.

LaVine also doesn’t seem to understand defensive rotations. He is very late to communicate switches, often resulting in uncontested dunks or open 3s for opposing teams. He is a chronic over-helper, needlessly leaving his man open to double or triple-team the ball. He is very slow in seeing where he needs to rotate, and he compounds the problem with casual closeouts on open shooters.

LaVine’s worst habit is lagging back in transition defense. When things don’t go his way on offense, he will mentally give up on plays and concede great shots for opponents on the other end.
Learn the game noob

flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Learn the game noob
Lavine is right now both better than Wiggins and better than WIggins will ever be. Zach at least has a very good and well developed offensive game meanwhile Wiggins has neither that or a defensive game.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:26 pm Fade most of the things in that article apply to Andrew Wiggins as well. He doesn’t fight screens, he doesn’t rotate properly, he’s lazy closing out on shooters. I mean you have to realize that.
I’ve seen Thibs bench Lolvine twice live in person in the 4th quarter because he was getting abused on defense trying to guard Aaron affalo and Gary Harris jr.

Wigs has been playing out of position for the last two seasons at small forward. Doesn’t have the strength to guard those guys.

Keep him at SG and watch him turn another level up.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:37 pm

Learn the game noob
Lavine is right now both better than Wiggins and better than WIggins will ever be. Zach at least has a very good and well developed offensive game meanwhile Wiggins has neither that or a defensive game.
Pretty big statement coming from the guy who pushed the fake news narrative that Butler slept with Town’s girlfriend when it was debunked by Jonny Athletic and Towns himself.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:41 pm

Learn the game noob
Pretty big statement coming from the guy who pushed the fake news narrative that Butler slept with Town’s girlfriend when it was debunked by Jonny Athletic and Towns himself.
Fade with the strawman! :lol:

Don't forget you were the one who thought Rambis was being interviewed for the head coaching job of the Lakers and that comparing Wiggins' FT% to LeBron's meant something. :lol:

You just got your ass 1 week in detention.

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

YBBR

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologises Here

Post by YBBR »

YBBR wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:46 pm I swear to God, do not start this shit again. Let's not do this.
Goddamn. First post in the thread too. Look what you have wrought!
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:44 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:41 pm

Fade with the strawman! :lol:

Don't forget you were the one who thought Rambis was being interviewed for the head coaching job of the Lakers and that comparing Wiggins' FT% to LeBron's meant something. :lol:

You just got your ass 1 week in detention.
Chris Broussard just said today on Undisputed that Linda Rambis is trying to convince Jeanie to give her husband an interview for the job.

And what’s not factual that Wiggins shot better free throws than Lebron this year?

Get served daily again like you are used too noob.

Learn the game
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:51 pm
Chris Broussard just said today on Undisputed that Linda Rambis is trying to convince Jeanie to give her husband an interview for the job.

And what’s not factual that Wiggins shot better free throws than Lebron this year?

Get served daily again like you are used too noob.

Learn the game
It's amusing that you can't see the hypocrisy of you clinging to a rumor that wont come true and using a strawman for posting a rumor in the off season.

Anyway, I'm out for YBBR.

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

j2j

Post by j2j »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:38 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:26 pm Fade most of the things in that article apply to Andrew Wiggins as well. He doesn’t fight screens, he doesn’t rotate properly, he’s lazy closing out on shooters. I mean you have to realize that.
I’ve seen Thibs bench Lolvine twice live in person in the 4th quarter because he was getting abused on defense trying to guard Aaron affalo and Gary Harris jr.

Wigs has been playing out of position for the last two seasons at small forward. Doesn’t have the strength to guard those guys.

Which Affalo game; was it the 5/9 for 16pts that LaVine didn't suit up for or the 1/4 for 2pts that LaVine went off for 40 in?

UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

j2j wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:10 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:38 pm

Which Affalo game; was it the 5/9 for 16pts that LaVine didn't suit up for or the 1/4 for 2pts that LaVine went off for 40 in?
My mistake, it was CJ Watson. 2017 game. These light skin 6'4 shooting guards get me mixed up from time to time.