Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Favorite Albums from Different Genres

Music forum.
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Favorite Albums from Different Genres

Post by cmd24 »

It's well documented we all have our favorite genres. BUT, I bet it's safe to say that we also all have some albums outside of that genre that we really dig. For example, I generally lean towards all things rock, but absolutely hate punk music. Certainly not a knock on the music itself, and I totally get that there are bands that I get in to, that have some roots in punk music. That said, one album that I absolutely love, that I generally would run far away from, is Rancid's "...And Out Come the Wolves." Love it from start to finish. Another example would be Adele's "21" album. I generally don't care for something like that, but it's really good.

Do you guys have anything, off the wall, that you really like?
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
Tony Bongwater

Re: Favorite Albums from Different Genres

Post by Tony Bongwater »

cmd24 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:05 am It's well documented we all have our favorite genres. BUT, I bet it's safe to say that we also all have some albums outside of that genre that we really dig. For example, I generally lean towards all things rock, but absolutely hate punk music. Certainly not a knock on the music itself, and I totally get that there are bands that I get in to, that have some roots in punk music. That said, one album that I absolutely love, that I generally would run far away from, is Rancid's "...And Out Come the Wolves." Love it from start to finish. Another example would be Adele's "21" album. I generally don't care for something like that, but it's really good.

Out come the wolves is a great album. You should check out some Social Distortion if you haven't already. Kind of the same thing except a little more Rock and a little less punk.

It's not an album per se, but I'm not a huge fan of growl singers yet I can listen to Opeth all day. Just great stuff.
Slava Ukrijina 💙💛🇺🇦💙💛
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Not a pop music fan, but P!nk’s “Missundaztood” album is pretty damn good. I actually like her a lot. Lady Gaga too.

Also, not much of a gangsta rap guy, but Ice-T’s “Iceberg” album has always worked for me.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by cmd24 »

Tony Bongwater wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:17 pm
cmd24 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:05 am It's well documented we all have our favorite genres. BUT, I bet it's safe to say that we also all have some albums outside of that genre that we really dig. For example, I generally lean towards all things rock, but absolutely hate punk music. Certainly not a knock on the music itself, and I totally get that there are bands that I get in to, that have some roots in punk music. That said, one album that I absolutely love, that I generally would run far away from, is Rancid's "...And Out Come the Wolves." Love it from start to finish. Another example would be Adele's "21" album. I generally don't care for something like that, but it's really good.

Out come the wolves is a great album. You should check out some Social Distortion if you haven't already. Kind of the same thing except a little more Rock and a little less punk.

It's not an album per se, but I'm not a huge fan of growl singers yet I can listen to Opeth all day. Just great stuff.
I have a couple of songs by Social Distortion. I started with I Was Wrong (I am in the wife club, after all), and Story of My Life. I love Mike Ness's voice. Just haven't done a deeper dive in to their catalog.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

cmd24 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:06 pm
Tony Bongwater wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:17 pm

I have a couple of songs by Social Distortion. I started with I Was Wrong (I am in the wife club, after all), and Story of My Life. I love Mike Ness's voice. Just haven't done a deeper dive in to their catalog.
“I Was Wrong” is a great song.

- Carl Jung
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

Fortune Tellers Make a Killing Nowadays
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

I play the hell out of a lot of bluegrass when I'm fartin' around at home.

Fortune Tellers Make a Killing Nowadays
EnLiteEndOne

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

Lampin'
Dude

Post by Dude »

I'm not a rap/hip-hop guy by any means but Kanye West's Graduation trilogy is fantastic top to bottom.

I mean, the guys' a douche but those albums are great.
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

EnLiteEndOne wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:55 am Image

Nick Cave is great. Not super shocked a Tom Waits fan would like him though!

I’m a big “Let Love In” and “Murder Ballads” fan too.

- Carl Jung