Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Dodge...why fucking buy one?

Cars, bikes, and other things you work on in the garage.
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Re: Dodge...why fucking buy one?

Post by cmd24 »

Mandatory wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:22 am So I dropped the truck off last tonight so the electrical whiz can look at it today. Only cool thing is they gave me a Challenger as a loaner. Unfortunately it's a little small for me but fun for a day or two. I'm a little worried though as the check engine light turned off during the week and hasn't come back on. I half expect to get the, we can't do anything if it's not on when you bring it in. Of course I don't trust that it's actually fixed just because it turned off.
Should still be able to pull up the code when they hook it up to the computer. I had that on my old old Avalanche. Damn thing would shut off when it would go in to the shop.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

cmd24 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:26 pm
Mandatory wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:22 am So I dropped the truck off last tonight so the electrical whiz can look at it today. Only cool thing is they gave me a Challenger as a loaner. Unfortunately it's a little small for me but fun for a day or two. I'm a little worried though as the check engine light turned off during the week and hasn't come back on. I half expect to get the, we can't do anything if it's not on when you bring it in. Of course I don't trust that it's actually fixed just because it turned off.
Should still be able to pull up the code when they hook it up to the computer. I had that on my old old Avalanche. Damn thing would shut off when it would go in to the shop.
That's the thing though.. I'm not sure it's any one code they're looking for. They suspect that there is some programming issue in the electrical system triggering these codes. I have no clue what the tech is going to be looking for.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Got my truck back today.. I've been assured that everything is all set.. and I sure as hell hope so. I feel immense relief, for now.

They had the truck Thursday into Friday. Just to see if they could get the error to trip again. Came down to the end of Friday and they tried one last time, the light came on. Apparently moisture has been getting on some of the wiring and it was corroded to where it was constantly sending out false signals. Seems like a serious design flaw.. but what do I know. New wiring was ordered, that's in a water tight casing. All should be good now.

#BaltimoreStrong
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

I feel like mandatory is making the OP's point, in this thread...
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I'll admit I had a dark period a few weeks back where I told myself if I could return it and start over I would. But then they identified the issue and it appears it's been fixed. No issues whatsoever and I otherwise absolutely love this truck. Feels good to not have the cloud hanging over it again. I still think exposed wires that easily corrode with moisture seems like a design flaw... wtf. It's a beautiful truck though, really is.

#BaltimoreStrong
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Mandatory wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:52 am I'll admit I had a dark period a few weeks back where I told myself if I could return it and start over I would. But then they identified the issue and it appears it's been fixed. No issues whatsoever and I otherwise absolutely love this truck. Feels good to not have the cloud hanging over it again. I still think exposed wires that easily corrode with moisture seems like a design flaw... wtf. It's a beautiful truck though, really is.
Blame the Italians.
Mizuno Man
***Official Gibby Award Winner - February 2019***

Post by Mizuno Man »

Scotty talks about how great Chrysler/Dodge cars are. Go to the 25 second mark.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Asknot to WNU
"Is there a place where we can talk about evolving and dissipating covid hot spots or does anything covid related have to go through your blockade of Covid re-education?"
Mizuno Man
***Official Gibby Award Winner - February 2019***

Post by Mizuno Man »

Mandatory wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:52 am I'll admit I had a dark period a few weeks back where I told myself if I could return it and start over I would. But then they identified the issue and it appears it's been fixed. No issues whatsoever and I otherwise absolutely love this truck. Feels good to not have the cloud hanging over it again. I still think exposed wires that easily corrode with moisture seems like a design flaw... wtf. It's a beautiful truck though, really is.
You will have electronic/electrical problems for as long as you own this car. I'm an E.E. and a D.Y.I. guy. I had 2003 Durango when we had 3 kids at home and it was a fucking nightmare once it hit 60k....and the warranty ran out......door locks quit working...windows quit working....Alternator went out....Water pump went out at 65k...WTF?.......Best one was when the heater core started leaking and I had to dissemble the car to get to it.

The best one is the suspension parts...all your ball joints....tie rods...pitman arm will be shot at 70k.

I'm guessing you don't have a fucking clue about what I'm saying. I'm guessing you're a Jiffy Lube dude that pulls your car in...when the burnout comes up to you and shows you your air filter....you say..."does it need more fluid?"
Asknot to WNU
"Is there a place where we can talk about evolving and dissipating covid hot spots or does anything covid related have to go through your blockade of Covid re-education?"
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Mizuno Man wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:37 pm
You will have electronic/electrical problems for as long as you own this car. I'm an E.E. and a D.Y.I. guy. I had 2003 Durango when we had 3 kids at home and it was a fucking nightmare once it hit 60k....and the warranty ran out......door locks quit working...windows quit working....Alternator went out....Water pump went out at 65k...WTF?.......Best one was when the heater core started leaking and I had to dissemble the car to get to it.

The best one is the suspension parts...all your ball joints....tie rods...pitman arm will be shot at 70k.

I'm guessing you don't have a fucking clue about what I'm saying. I'm guessing you're a Jiffy Lube dude that pulls your car in...when the burnout comes up to you and shows you your air filter....you say..."does it need more fluid?"
:lol:

#BaltimoreStrong
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I've got a Chrysler 200 boy's. Every time I fire her up, I get hard and want to race!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:53 pm I've got a Chrysler 200 boy's. Every time I fire her up, I get hard and want to race!
That 2.4L engine moistens panties, my dude.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Cobey wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:18 am CC: Mandatory...

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2781 ... l-airbags/
Thanks bro. I need to go in for an oil change soon. I'll have them take a look at this at the same time.

#BaltimoreStrong
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Mandatory wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:22 am

Thanks bro. I need to go in for an oil change soon. I'll have them take a look at this at the same time.
When I had an airbag related recall for my Civic (the Tekata recall from a few years ago), I had to wait for a letter from Honda before I could do anything.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Cobey wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:26 am
Mandatory wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:22 am

When I had an airbag related recall for my Civic (the Tekata recall from a few years ago), I had to wait for a letter from Honda before I could do anything.
I did figure I'd probably need to wait. A few months ago I actually received the letter about another recall but they didn't have the parts to update it provided yet! lol

#BaltimoreStrong