Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
morneaumvp

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by morneaumvp »

Another efficient night upcoming for Wiggins.

(He's out)
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

I imagine Wiggins calling in sick for these games like a teenage kid working at McDonalds who doesnt want to go in.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

I am sorry Wiggins, but you're letting down the side.

(Did I get this right?)
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Goodbye Andrew. This team is better without you.
Let's get Tropical
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Wiggins will be back with Covington post all star break and we will push for the playoffs.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:35 pm Wiggins will be back with Covington post all star break and we will push for the playoffs.
I hope AW comes back after the ASG and kicks ass. It would be a huge development for the Wolves future. I’m also not holding my breath.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:37 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:35 pm Wiggins will be back with Covington post all star break and we will push for the playoffs.
I hope AW comes back after the ASG and kicks ass. It would be a huge development for the Wolves future. I’m also not holding my breath.
We went 9-3 after the Butler trade with a full healthy team. We can do it. Just gotta believe bro.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

He's a wolf. I still root for him to completely put it together and bring it with consistency. Which is his number one problem. He has a lot of tools.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

What do you know, two super efficient games in a row by Wiggs and we win big. :thinking:

Tonight vs Rockets especially was awesome :thumbsup:
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:29 pm Goodbye Andrew. This team is better without you.
Same for Covington.

Good riddance!
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

thinktank wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:58 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:29 pm Goodbye Andrew. This team is better without you.
Same for Covington.

Good riddance!
I get what you’re trying to say, but I’d be hesitant to compare Wiggins and Covington.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:02 pm
Same for Covington.

Good riddance!
I get what you’re trying to say, but I’d be hesitant to compare Wiggins and Covington.
I’m not comparing Wiggins and Covington.

I’m pointing out that it’s foolish to look at one win without X player as proof of anything (Clippers may have won a few but they will blow by season’s end so I don’t put much stock in that win).
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

I am thinking Saunders has the same convo with him, he had with Taj, and lets him know he will be fighting for minutes with Okogie, Rocco and Deng.

He has to earn his time or sit on the pine
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

thinktank wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:06 pm

Same for Covington.

Good riddance!

I’m pointing out that it’s foolish to look at one win without X player as proof of anything (Clippers may have won a few but they will blow by season’s end so I don’t put much stock in that win).
What??? You mean a high volume chucker going 10 for 31 might not be hurting the offense and the team :thinking:
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

morneaumvp wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:09 pm

What??? You mean a high volume chucker going 10 for 31 might not be hurting the offense and the team :thinking:
You realize just prior to this he had maybe his best game as a Wolf (near triple double) and Towns was the weak link and we lost.

Keep your pants on. Most crucial part of the season coming up. If he blows it, then he blows it. But let’s see him (and them) play the games. Russell looked like dirt too until just recently, but not anymore. Fates can change quickly.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Wigs with 23 pts 10 rebs 7 assist and 2 blocks on 10-17 shooting vs the Pelicans and we still lost. You must of forgot that Randle scored two times in a row in the final minute vs KAT to win that game.

It’s good to have Rose and Teague back the last two games healthy and pushing the pace.

Learn the game, you embarrass yourself.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

thinktank wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:17 pm

You realize just prior to this he had maybe his best game as a Wolf (near triple double) and Towns was the weak link and we lost.

Keep your pants on. Most crucial part of the season coming up. If he blows it, then he blows it. But let’s see him (and them) play the games. Russell looked like dirt too until just recently, but not anymore. Fates can change quickly.
This is season 5 of this Wiggins series, we have seen his Maple Jordan moments in OKC, so no bullshit one off games will convince me otherwise that he is a BUM.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:20 pm

Wigs with 23 pts 10 rebs 7 assist and 2 blocks on 10-17 shooting vs the Pelicans and we still lost. You must of forgot that Randle scored two times in a row in the final minute vs KAT to win that game.

It’s good to have Rose and Teague back the last two games healthy and pushing the pace.

Now we gotta knock the only damn allstar on this team, just to protect your boy Wiggins :thinking:

What a joke :lol:
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

morneaumvp wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:21 pm

This is season 5 of this Wiggins series, we have seen his Maple Jordan moments in OKC, so no bullshit one off games will convince me otherwise that he is a BUM.
Well, it’s extremely rare to have 100% confidence about such a thing. You MAY be right. And you MAY be wrong.

:beer:
Last edited by thinktank on Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

morneaumvp wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:24 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:20 pm

Now we gotta knock the only damn allstar on this team, just to protect your boy Wiggins :thinking:

What a joke :lol:
Telling the truth is knocking? It was a tie game with 1 minute to go and Randle scored on back to back post ups on Towns?

We needed a stop.

You embarrass yourself when I lay out the facts.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Are we seriously at the point where posters are criticizing Karl Anthony Towns, our best player and top 15 in the league, because he had ONE mediocre game, in order to protect Wiggins, who had ONE good game out of 8? Seriously. It’s embarrassing.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:28 pm Are we seriously at the point where posters are criticizing Karl Anthony Towns, our best player and top 15 in the league, because he had ONE mediocre game, in order to protect Wiggins, who had ONE good game out of 8? Seriously. It’s embarrassing.
Yes Unfadeable is so desperate that he has actually reached this point :lol:
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

thinktank wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:27 pm

Well, it’s extremely rare to have 100% confidence about such a thing. You MAY be right. And you MAY be wrong.

I will take a 5 year sample size over the next 2 games or rest of the season, thank you very much :thinking:
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

morneaumvp wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:31 pm

I will take a 5 year sample size over the next 2 games or rest of the season, thank you very much :thinking:
He hasn’t played for 5 years yet.

:lightbulb:
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:28 pm Are we seriously at the point where posters are criticizing Karl Anthony Towns, our best player and top 15 in the league, because he had ONE mediocre game, in order to protect Wiggins, who had ONE good game out of 8? Seriously. It’s embarrassing.
Karl is great but telling the truth that Randle won the game because he scored twice in a row on KAT in the final minute is criticizing?

You and Morneau need to grow up
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

thinktank wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:33 pm

We got what 35 ish games until we reach it, means nothing :lol:
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

morneaumvp wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:36 pm
thinktank wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:33 pm

We got what 35 ish games until we reach it, means nothing :lol:
35 games at the end of the 5th season of a 23 year old player isn’t nothing. Especially when our team has had so much change. Wiggins probably needs another year to see what he has after this.

It’s not like we’re anywhere close to the Warriors, Rockets, etc. anyway.

We have nothing to lose in finding out.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:35 pm
Karl is great but telling the truth that Randle won the game because he scored twice in a row on KAT in the final minute is criticizing?

You throwing KAT under the bus for one bad minute of defense and defending Wiggins under any circumstance. Yea I’m the one who needs to grow up :roll: .You’re sad dude.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:01 pm

You throwing KAT under the bus for one bad minute of defense and defending Wiggins under any circumstance. Yea I’m the one who needs to grow up :roll: .You’re sad dude.
When he plays bad, I say he plays bad. I have said over and over we need more from him. The only chance this team has at being great is if he becomes an all star as well with Towns. This is Minnesota, no top tier free agent is coming here even if we have money. It has to be home grown talent to win.

I'm supporting all the Wolves. The Wigs hate is ridiculous. Some on here have wished he would get injured. Yes, he needs to be better and more consistent but to say he's trash, it's flat out not true.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:01 pm

:thumbsup: