Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Vikes to host Eagles Thanksgiving night?

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Hornets

Vikes to host Eagles Thanksgiving night?

Post by Hornets »

Just read a little Star Trib blurb that this might happen....hope it doesn't, always a bummer arranging dinner around football. :pissed:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
whiskerbiscuit

Re: Vikes to host Eagles Thanksgiving night?

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

I love when the vikes play on Thanksgiving.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

That’d be new.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I'm tired of the Vikings playing on Thanksgiving day but I would welcome a night game.

Perfect time to just unwind and get stinking drunk to the purple.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

This would be the first Thursday night home game on a short week that the Vikings have had in years (we had one in 2016, but it was after both the Vikings and Cowboys had played on Thanksgiving). 2013 was the last time.

It's a huge advantage and Zimmer bringing it up last year was a fair point. Watch the bye week be right before that for the Eagles and Vikings.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

if that's the case that guarantees plenty of football for me on turkey day. that last game can get lost in the thanksgiving shuffle-but not this year.
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

if it's a home game, okay.

If it's an away game, uh oh.

It's a home game, right?
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Awesome! Another prime time game Marvin Lewis Of the NFC can lose!

Oh...and the Vikings did increase ticket prices this season.
1.10.22: Never Forget! Zimmer and Spielman are done destroying the Vikings Organization!

Still can’t start a thread on this forum! Bozo’s hate the truth!
Bogey Bob

Post by Bogey Bob »

Da Gas Man wrote: ↑Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:24 am if it's a home game, okay.

It's a home game, right?
Either way it would be Kirk Cousins in primetime. Likely a L.
Last edited by Bogey Bob on Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dude

Post by Dude »

It's a home game, right?
I'm not sure exactly how the home/away bit is scheduled but from what I read, the Eagles are a home game for the Vikings this year- so if they're indeed playing the Eagles on Thanksgiving night it would be a home game.
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

Bogey Bob wrote: ↑Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:45 am

It's a home game, right?
Either way it’s Kirk Cousins in primetime. Likely a L.
I think it will be different this year. Or, better said .... I hope it will be better this year.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Hornets wrote: ↑Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:13 pm Just read a little Star Trib blurb that this might happen....hope it doesn't, always a bummer arranging dinner around football. :pissed:
I thought it was the night game? How would affect Thanksgiving dinner???

I guess one advantage is, if indeed its at home, its always a large advantage being home team for short week game.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

hategreenticemase wrote: ↑Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:42 am
Hornets wrote: ↑Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:13 pm Just read a little Star Trib blurb that this might happen....hope it doesn't, always a bummer arranging dinner around football. :pissed:

I guess one advantage is, if indeed its at home, its always a large advantage being home team for short week game.
Yes, it's better than the earlier games. I guess another reason I don't like these games is that after the game is over we now have to wait a week and a half before our next game....I like consistency in my sports!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

I take it that the Vikings are going to let Keenum come back and start T-giving night VS the Eagles.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Hornets wrote: ↑Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:15 am
hategreenticemase wrote: ↑Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:42 am

Yes, it's better than the earlier games. I guess another reason I don't like these games is that after the game is over we now have to wait a week and a half before our next game....I like consistency in my sports!
I just never have much interest in the Thanksgiving night game. They could shitcan it as far as I am concerned.
mankatobjr

Post by mankatobjr »

Dude wrote: ↑Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:45 am

It's a home game, right?
I'm not sure exactly how the home/away bit is scheduled but from what I read, the Eagles are a home game for the Vikings this year- so if they're indeed playing the Eagles on Thanksgiving night it would be a home game.
NFL schedule works like this.

He team plays the 3 teams in their division both home and away.. 6 games

Each team plays all the teams in another division within their conference every 3 years... alternating home and away.. (So will have a home game against each conference opponent every 6 years.... regardless of record. 4 games

Each team plays all the teams in another division in the opposite conference every 4 years... alternating home and away.. (So will have a home game against each opposite conference opponent every 8 years.... regardless of record. 4 games

The last two games are decided on where you finished within your division... this year Vikings 2nd place. So they play the 2nd place team of the two Same Conference division teams, who's division they are currently not scheduled to play. this year for the Vikings is Seattle and Eagles. One game at home and one on the road. (not exactly sure what rotation they use for home and away)

So the Vikings know the 14 games they will play and where until either teams are added to the league (unlikely as the league loves the 32 team format) or conference realignment... which unless some teams moves across country I don't see it happening. Even if Jacksonville moves its already in a screwy division with Houston, Indy and Tenn. So no great spot it could move that would necessitate switching divisions.
"Jobber's all over the board. Sometimes level-headed, sometimes out of this world. It's fun and scary all at the same time." CDM24 (And he is 100% right)

They call me Jobber... I have learn to not only accept it, but embrace it.
Dude

Post by Dude »

mankatobjr wrote: ↑Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:07 pm One game at home and one on the road. (not exactly sure what rotation they use for home and away)
Thanks for taking the time, but this is the part I was talking about. I get the rest of it.
mankatobjr

Post by mankatobjr »

Dude wrote: ↑Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:32 pm
mankatobjr wrote: ↑Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:07 pm One game at home and one on the road. (not exactly sure what rotation they use for home and away)
Thanks for taking the time, but this is the part I was talking about. I get the rest of it.
I am pretty sure its on a rotation too... just not sure the roation myself.

Also.. it is so fucking annoying that people don;t know how the schedule works.. bitching about having a "1st place schedule" etc... they know nothing about football when they use that argument.
"Jobber's all over the board. Sometimes level-headed, sometimes out of this world. It's fun and scary all at the same time." CDM24 (And he is 100% right)

mankatobjr

Post by mankatobjr »

mankatobjr wrote: ↑Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:35 pm
Dude wrote: ↑Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:32 pm
I am pretty sure its on a rotation too... just not sure the roation myself.

Also.. it is so fucking annoying that people don;t know how the schedule works.. bitching about having a "1st place schedule" etc... they know nothing about football when they use that argument.
And actually I stand corrected.. this year the Vikings play the NFC East.. since they played at Philly in 2016... the Fat cats get slaughtered game.. they are set to play the Eagles at home on rotation.

The two odd teams they play this year are the falcons and the Seahawks. Falcons at home.

Dude

Post by Dude »

mankatobjr wrote: ↑Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:35 pm
One of the biggest excuses/myths in football. There's enough parity in the league where it shouldn't matter, let alone when you realize it only affects two games.