Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Doogie The Scoopmaster: GIVE HIM CREDIT!

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
OliverMiller

Doogie The Scoopmaster: GIVE HIM CREDIT!

Post by OliverMiller »

Forgot to post this on Saturday but holy shit how pathetic. Doogie was the first to the news about Canaan getting another 10 day. 28 minutes later Dane Moore credited the scoop to someone else and Doogie instantly corrected him and then tried to play it off like it's no big deal.

I get he's in the scoop business but holy hell, searching Twitter to make sure he gets credit for a scoop on Isaiah Canaan is freaking pathetic.... almost as pathetic as me posting all this. Still, freaking hilarious and peak Doogie

jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Re: Doogie The Scoopmaster: GIVE HIM CREDIT!

Post by jodaman01 »

Doggie and AP Guy deserve a shit ton more credit then they get here.

They were the only ones giving any “real” inside information on Thibbs and Butler besides the BS stories those two clowns fed to their Chicago BoBo mouthpiece.

They were closer to right on stuff they put out and every Thibblodyte RAGED that they were idiots and didn’t know anything.

I don’t blame him one bit for demanding credit where it is due at this point, although defending credit for a second 10 Day contract for Canaan seems laughable......must be very slow news now after the NBA Trade Deadline.

Get’em Doogie!!!!

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
j2j

Post by j2j »

Doogie is quite often a raging douche, but he's good about talking to fans. It's a nice cover for how lazy and out of touch he is sometimes.

If someone does beat him on a local scoop he'll often tweet out something along the lines of...

"I got the same text with that scoop but I missed it because I was {in the shower, walking the dog, watching my kid's baseball game, eating a bag of funyuns, etc...}."
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

If a dog farts in the woods, do I care?
T_J

Post by T_J »

j2j wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:00 pm Doogie is quite often a raging douche, but he's good about talking to fans. It's a nice cover for how lazy and out of touch he is sometimes.

If someone does beat him on a local scoop he'll often tweet out something along the lines of...

"I got the same text with that scoop but I missed it because I was {in the shower, walking the dog, watching my kid's baseball game, eating a bag of funyuns, etc...}."
:lol: All this.

I had some funyuns the other day for the first time in years. Not as good as I remembered.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:10 pm If a dog farts in the woods, do I care?
Are you also in the woods?
Ketchup can be nuancy
j2j

Post by j2j »

Hardees is MUCH better than Funyuns.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

j2j wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:00 pm Doogie is quite often a raging douche, but he's good about talking to fans. It's a nice cover for how lazy and out of touch he is sometimes.

All the while trying to play it off that he really doesn't care.

Seems like a nice dude, but he's a pretty easy punching bag sometimes.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Looking back, maybe I should have used Arbys in my analogy.
T_J

Post by T_J »

OliverMiller wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:15 pm

All the while trying to play it off that he really doesn't care.

Seems like a nice dude, but he's a pretty easy punching bag sometimes.
He also does a ton of those piggy backing tweets, "can confirm the same as ____."

Or some dude signs somewhere else, "The Twins didn't reach out."
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Ask Not wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:13 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:10 pm If a dog farts in the woods, do I care?
Valid point.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Sing with me,

All you need is Woj...bampa na na naaaa...

I wish the rest of these turds would go find different jobs because you only need one report for all these moves. There's only one Doogie, and that kid saved lives at a young age. Dude needs to bite a different nickname.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

I appreciate the work Jon and Doogie do regarding the NBA. IMO, the whole credit thing is weird anyways.

Christopher Hine of the star has tweeted out something along the lines of "this is the report for now, working to confirm" .. oh ok.

I really enjoy the scoop podcast and Doogie's interactions on twitter are a double edge sword. Reminds me of Steve Kyler sometimes from Basketball Insiders. Everyone loves the cantor but if they don't break the story, they're labeled a loser, someone who doesn't have sources. Doogie does, he talks to agents all the time. He has to decipher when people are telling him the truth though.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:24 pm I appreciate the work Jon and Doogie do regarding the NBA. IMO, the whole credit thing is weird anyways.

Christopher Hine of the star has tweeted out something along the lines of "this is the report for now, working to confirm" .. oh ok.

I really enjoy the scoop podcast and Doogie's interactions on twitter are a double edge sword. Reminds me of Steve Kyler sometimes from Basketball Insiders. Everyone loves the cantor but if they don't break the story, they're labeled a loser, someone who doesn't have sources. Doogie does, he talks to agents all the time. He has to decipher when people are telling him the truth though.
I like Doogie. He answers questions on twitter regularly and let’s you know if he doesn’t know. The Scoop Pod is really good too. I understand he irks some people but he is plugged in. I guess I could use less interviews on the podcasts with guys who don’t play for the gophers or pick them for recruiting, but that’s nitpicking.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Ask Not wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:13 pm
I'd also query whether it was your dog and ask what breed.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Jon K >>>>>>> Doogie
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
H8ter

Post by H8ter »

YBBR wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:47 pm Jon K >>>>>>> Doogie
Jon K was the best when he was with AP; but since joining that paid sports website, he’s not so good anymore.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:37 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:24 pm I appreciate the work Jon and Doogie do regarding the NBA. IMO, the whole credit thing is weird anyways.

I like Doogie. He answers questions on twitter regularly and let’s you know if he doesn’t know. The Scoop Pod is really good too. I understand he irks some people but he is plugged in. I guess I could use less interviews on the podcasts with guys who don’t play for the gophers or pick them for recruiting, but that’s nitpicking.
:thumbsup: That's how I view Doogie as well. He may not be the most plugged in (but he still does have inside contacts) and can be a bit of a douche but the amount of interaction he has with people on Twitter is really nice.

I don't know how it is for other teams but I'd MUCH rather have someone like Doogie than someone like Frank Isola with the Knicks.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

YBBR wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:47 pm Jon K >>>>>>> Doogie
:thumbsup: Also correct.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

Y'all gotta remember that this is Doogie's job. Imagine if you did something good at work, but some asshole you work with tried telling your boss that it was that fuck face Reynolds down the hall who did the good thing. You'd be pissed, and you'd go into your boss's office to make sure he knew it was you, right? That's what this is, just on Twitter.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

It’s fine.

If he legit breaks a story and someone else erroneously gets the credit, he’s got every right to say something because it’s his livelihood.

He’s goofy but sometimes it’s refreshing to hear what he’s got to say most of the time versus all the normal talk radio speculation that means absolutely nothing.

Lots of other sports related shit to get annoyed about in this town. This is fine.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

That dudes always rubbed me the wrong way. I don’t have any specific examples to point to, I just...get a punchy feeling every time I hear his voice, see his face.

Jonny on the other hand, yeah, that dude’s a cool cat.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

beetlebum71 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:57 pm Y'all gotta remember that this is Doogie's job. Imagine if you did something good at work, but some asshole you work with tried telling your boss that it was that fuck face Reynolds down the hall who did the good thing. You'd be pissed, and you'd go into your boss's office to make sure he knew it was you, right? That's what this is, just on Twitter.
Actually my boss takes credit for my work from time to time. Shouldn't happen, but who gives a shit. Check your ego and the paycheck still comes in.

Also, this scoop is the work equivalent of clocking in for the day
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

I always wondered what it's like to be married to a "scoop guy" like Doogie or Adam Schefter or whomever else.

They're on their phones literally all day. It's not like they shut them off and jump off social media when they go home at 5pm.

You'd think it'd be frustrating for their wives/husbands/significant others because you know damn well they're getting the backseat if something big breaks.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

I know Doogie.

He’s a good guy and he filled a giant vacuum in town for breaking stories.

As far as I’m concerned, AP Guy and many others in the Twin Cities are Doogie wannabes.

Perhaps one can follow a sports guy a little too closely. ;)
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:37 pm

I hear you -- his goal though is to form relationships so some of those guys (if/when they make it big) will continue to have a relationship with him. I understood why Tyus went to Duke, and I rooted for him once I started watching him there. I LOVED when he helped beat Wisconsin twice that year including the national championship. I think he's like most sports fans where you root for the local kid, he just happens to be in media.

Like I said on the twitter interaction, double edge sword because he will take the time to respond to pretty much anyone. The more you put yourself out there, the more material people have to rip you.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Can you imagine Woj, Marc Stein, or Shams going around on Twitter trying to get credit?
Cripes

Post by Cripes »

OliverMiller wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:20 am Can you imagine Woj, Marc Stein, or Shams going around on Twitter trying to get credit?
https://thebiglead.com/2018/10/22/marc- ... a-sources/
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Cripes wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:25 am
OliverMiller wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:20 am Can you imagine Woj, Marc Stein, or Shams going around on Twitter trying to get credit?
https://thebiglead.com/2018/10/22/marc- ... a-sources/
Fair enough. Equally sad.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

It just is something that bothers me. Similar to how Randball was pissed because Meatsauce was the first to note Butler wasn't in Milwaukee in preseason.

Who gives a shit? I get it's their job, but do you really think Doogie not getting credit for a Canaan singing another 10 day contract from the 7 people that will see Dane Moore's tweet will impact his job?

It's one thing to have your reports stolen and used as your own work to profit. But that's not what happened.

Needing that recognition and external gratification is just sad.