Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Park Assist Feature

Cars, bikes, and other things you work on in the garage.
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Park Assist Feature

Post by cmd24 »

Any froobs ever encounter the "Service Park Assist" warning on a vehicle? I'm not in a rush to fix it, but would, just to make sure everything is working as it should. Anyone ever have to deal with something like this? First time I've had a vehicle with this feature, so it's kind of new to me. It's more annoying, having to clear off the warning, than anything. Wondering if it's worth the time or money to fix, or just clear out the code.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
Cobey
Trouble

Re: Park Assist Feature

Post by Cobey »

I'd imagine that a pretty good chunk of these warnings are caused by electrical issues. So I'd probably have it looked at, just in case it's wider spread that the park assist
mankatobjr

Post by mankatobjr »

How long have you had the vehicle? First winter? Mine says it sometimes.. when their is snow or ice on the sensor. Usually after I park it in the garage and that melts it works fine and warning goes off.
"Jobber's all over the board. Sometimes level-headed, sometimes out of this world. It's fun and scary all at the same time." CDM24 (And he is 100% right)

They call me Jobber... I have learn to not only accept it, but embrace it.
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

they need to remove these type of features. same with the side/front/rear sensors. just drive the fucking car.
mankatobjr

Post by mankatobjr »

Sellingguy wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:06 am they need to remove these type of features. same with the side/front/rear sensors. just drive the fucking car.
I assume you don't use any advanced technology in your golf game correct? No "titanium drivers" or oversized putter heads. No new advanced balls. Just tee it up and hit it wit the same clubs and calls from the 1970's.
"Jobber's all over the board. Sometimes level-headed, sometimes out of this world. It's fun and scary all at the same time." CDM24 (And he is 100% right)

They call me Jobber... I have learn to not only accept it, but embrace it.
cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

mankatobjr wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:13 pm How long have you had the vehicle? First winter? Mine says it sometimes.. when their is snow or ice on the sensor. Usually after I park it in the garage and that melts it works fine and warning goes off.
I got this one in August. My last one had it, but this is the first I've ever had this message. Normally I get the "Park Assist Blocked", or some shit like that. Then, wipe it off, or wash it off, and I'm fine. This message won't go away. I talked to the mechanic here in town, and he said he's run in to it quite a bit. He's going to look at it and see which sensor it is, and if it's worth fixing, depending on the price.
cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

Sellingguy wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:06 am they need to remove these type of features. same with the side/front/rear sensors. just drive the fucking car.
I'm old school in that I rarely use the backup cam (I'm a trucker's son...I learned how to back up vehicles on a dime), and I don't pay attention to the park assist warning very often. The warning notice on the dash is what is the pain in my ass. If it's a relatively cheap fix, I'll do it. If it isn't, I won't. Kind of the same way when the instrument cluster went out on my 02 Avalanche. It was no big deal that I couldn't see the odometer or the gears. I knew if I was in drive or reverse, and if I needed the mileage, I could have the mechanic plug it in to the computer.
cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:49 pm Park assist is pretty cool of you are totally cool with robots taking over the planet and turning humanity into their batteries.
Morpheus?
cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:41 pm
cmd24 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:38 am
Abe Froman wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:49 pm Park assist is pretty cool of you are totally cool with robots taking over the planet and turning humanity into their batteries.
Morpheus?
Spoon kid?
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth.
Gork

Post by Gork »

If you need any kind of driver assist, just plunk your MIL in the back seat.