Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Window Tint

Cars, bikes, and other things you work on in the garage.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Window Tint

Post by Mandatory »

I had the windows on the Ram tinted by the dealer at their "performance" center. Of course they were only willing to do 50% but that's fine. The driver's side indow still have just a little bit of bubbling down at the bottom and it's been 8 days. Is it not going to go away if it hasn't already? I'm worried that the cold is an issue. If it's still there in another week they have to do it again, right? Shouldn't it be under warranty?

Also, If I wanted to get darker tint I imagine I just throw some place some extra cash? Or am I fucked without a prescription?
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Cobey
Trouble

Re: Window Tint

Post by Cobey »

I'm sure there's a place where you could do it darker if you grease the right palms, but nowhere above board will do it, and prepare yourself for a fix-it ticket if you do.

I've never gotten a window tint done, so I can't really speak to the bubbling process.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Cobey wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:34 pm I'm sure there's a place where you could do it darker if you grease the right palms, but nowhere above board will do it, and prepare yourself for a fix-it ticket if you do.

I've never gotten a window tint done, so I can't really speak to the bubbling process.
Funny story.. I had 5% tint on my windows years back and the day I had it done I was pulled over for speeding. It was night time and somehow the cops didn't even mention it. lol.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mizuno Man
***Official Gibby Award Winner - February 2019***

Post by Mizuno Man »

Mandatory wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:14 pm I had the windows on the Ram tinted by the dealer at their "performance" center. Of course they were only willing to do 50% but that's fine. The driver's side indow still have just a little bit of bubbling down at the bottom and it's been 8 days. Is it not going to go away if it hasn't already? I'm worried that the cold is an issue. If it's still there in another week they have to do it again, right? Shouldn't it be under warranty?

Also, If I wanted to get darker tint I imagine I just throw some place some extra cash? Or am I fucked without a prescription?
You're getting grifted...tint at a stealership? What the fuck dood?....should have taken it to my buddy in Rosemount...half the price....twice the quality...enjoy your free coffee while the fix their fuckup...then enjoy your free coffee when they fuck it up again.....
Asknot to WNU
"Is there a place where we can talk about evolving and dissipating covid hot spots or does anything covid related have to go through your blockade of Covid re-education?"
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Mizuno Man wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:48 am
Mandatory wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:14 pm I had the windows on the Ram tinted by the dealer at their "performance" center. Of course they were only willing to do 50% but that's fine. The driver's side indow still have just a little bit of bubbling down at the bottom and it's been 8 days. Is it not going to go away if it hasn't already? I'm worried that the cold is an issue. If it's still there in another week they have to do it again, right? Shouldn't it be under warranty?

You're getting grifted...tint at a stealership? What the fuck dood?....should have taken it to my buddy in Rosemount...half the price....twice the quality...enjoy your free coffee while the fix their fuckup...then enjoy your free coffee when they fuck it up again.....
The bubbling is gone...

#BaltimoreStrong
Mizuno Man
***Official Gibby Award Winner - February 2019***

Post by Mizuno Man »

Mandatory wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:23 am
Mizuno Man wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:48 am

The bubbling is gone...
See you in a few weeks when the temp gets to 60
Asknot to WNU
"Is there a place where we can talk about evolving and dissipating covid hot spots or does anything covid related have to go through your blockade of Covid re-education?"
RC3

Post by RC3 »

It can take a week or two for any bubbles to go away. Water evaporates. No big deal. Also, I just got 35% on my ride (at a reputable place).
reddish?

I will have my vengeance.
Jgrimmz

Post by Jgrimmz »

I’m extremely well read into window tint. I do have an installer that will tint to whatever percentage you want with quality tint at a great price. My current rides have;
Truck: 20% front windows, 2% rear, 60% windshield, 2% eyebrow
Car: 35% all around without windshield tint

Still trying to convince the girlfriend to let me tint her windows.

I usually do my own work, but have recommendations if anyone needs them. Been pulled over plenty for tint as well so can offer advice there too
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Jgrimmz wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:42 pm I’m extremely well read into window tint. I do have an installer that will tint to whatever percentage you want with quality tint at a great price. My current rides have;
Truck: 20% front windows, 2% rear, 60% windshield, 2% eyebrow
Car: 35% all around without windshield tint

Still trying to convince the girlfriend to let me tint her windows.

I usually do my own work, but have recommendations if anyone needs them. Been pulled over plenty for tint as well so can offer advice there too
You won't be able to respond to PMs due to being pink but I'd very serious like to know. I've got a vehicle I'm taking delivery on in August and I'd like to get some really dark tint on it.

#BaltimoreStrong
Jgrimmz

Post by Jgrimmz »

Well my man, if you can help change my status on here I can certainly give you my recommendation. Hell tint to whatever percentage you want and his work is better than anywhere else in the metro at a very reasonable price
RC3

Post by RC3 »

I need a high-quality but not necessarily reputable window tint guy.
reddish?

I will have my vengeance.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

A friend got pulled over about two weeks ago for the tint on his front windows. I'd guess they're probably 20%. He couldn't believe it, and frankly neither could I.

Never heard of that happening around here before.

#BaltimoreStrong
The Lizard King

Post by The Lizard King »

RC3 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:19 pm I need a high-quality but not necessarily reputable window tint guy.
I used this guy.

https://tintmyridemn.com/

I'm happy with the results.
"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." - KDC
The Lizard King

Mandatory wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:27 pm A friend got pulled over about two weeks ago for the tint on his front windows. I'd guess they're probably 20%. He couldn't believe it, and frankly neither could I.

I got pulled over in Utah while driving to L.A. for too dark of tint. I told the state trooper that I was just passing through and wasn't planning on living in Utah. He gave me a warning and sent me on my way.
"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." - KDC
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

The Lizard King wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:19 am
Mandatory wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:27 pm A friend got pulled over about two weeks ago for the tint on his front windows. I'd guess they're probably 20%. He couldn't believe it, and frankly neither could I.

I got pulled over in Utah while driving to L.A. for too dark of tint. I told the state trooper that I was just passing through and wasn't planning on living in Utah. He gave me a warning and sent me on my way.
My friend also got only a warning. I couldn't understand what the point of pulling him over was then...

#BaltimoreStrong
The Lizard King

Mandatory wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:58 am
The Lizard King wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:19 am

My friend also got only a warning. I couldn't understand what the point of pulling him over was then...
In my case, I think the Utah state trooper was hoping I was DUI. I was not.