Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post a picture of your ride

Cars, bikes, and other things you work on in the garage.
Cobey
Trouble

Post a picture of your ride

Post by Cobey »

This thread is a mostly judgement free zone, so let's post them bruhs.
Cobey
Trouble

Re: Post a picture of your ride

Post by Cobey »

I'll post a few pics of my whip tonight
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Is this where I get to brag about my two new purchases? I've been hesitant to do it on the main board because I didn't want to seem like a dick.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Mandatory wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:11 am Is this where I get to brag about my two new purchases? I've been hesitant to do it on the main board because I didn't want to seem like a dick.
Please do.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

So this isn't a joke.. even though it seems crazy...

But I just traded in my F150 and Jeep for one of these a week ago... looks exactly like the picture.

2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn

And a couple weeks ago I ordered on of these. It'll be Spectral British Racing Green with the blackout package and just about every option possible. Since they don't "come that way" it's being custom built at the Ranger Rover plant in Solihull England. Production is slated to start in April and the estimated arrival at the dealer is August. I can't fucking wait.

2019 Supercharged Range Rover

I know it seems crazy.. who needs both right? The truck will be my winter/nasty weather driver. That Range Rover will be treated better than most people's children.

#BaltimoreStrong
Vulcan Vidiot

Post by Vulcan Vidiot »

Mandatory wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:22 am So this isn't a joke.. even though it seems crazy...

But I just traded in my F150 and Jeep for one of these a week ago... looks exactly like the picture.

And a couple weeks ago I ordered on of these. It'll be Spectral British Racing Green with the blackout package and just about every option possible. Since they don't "come that way" it's being custom built at the Ranger Rover plant in Solihull England. Production is slated to start in April and the estimated arrival at the dealer is August. I can't fucking wait.

I know it seems crazy.. who needs both right? The truck will be my winter/nasty weather driver. That Range Rover will be treated better than most people's children.
:thumbsup:

Holy Shit!

Beautiful cars.

Wow.
I have the unique privilege of having my avatar bestowed upon me by The Great and Powerful Abe.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Vulcan Vidiot wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:26 am
Mandatory wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:22 am So this isn't a joke.. even though it seems crazy...

:thumbsup:

Holy Shit!

Beautiful cars.

Wow.
Real talk.. with what happened with my Dad.. 6 months ago he wasn't sick. I don't know where I'll be 6 months from now. It scares me.

What he's done for me.. he's set me up for life.. and I'm lucky enough that these purchases really don't make much of an impact. So I figure.. this is my only chance to ever do something like that... and the Range Rover has a deep meaning between me and dad.
Spoiler:
For those interested, my dad was a pilot and he always loved England. After my parents divorced he'd fly to England at least once a month. He'd always bring me back little British car toys, my favorites of which were Land Rovers. And his favorite color was always British Racing Green.
So I said fuck it.. why not.

#BaltimoreStrong
RC3

Post by RC3 »

Love it, Mandy!!!

Here's mine.

reddish?

I will have my vengeance.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

RC3 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:34 am Love it, Mandy!!!

Here's mine.

I don't care what anyone says, I love that paint! Sick rims and calipers too. If I could realistically buy a car it would be something like this.

#BaltimoreStrong
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Since we're just posting stock images, here's mine

I'll probably still post some actual pics tonight. I gotta hit up a self serve car wash tonight because snow got into the wheels and it's out of balance because of it
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I'll try to take some pictures this weekend when the weather is nice.

#BaltimoreStrong
RC3

Post by RC3 »

The stock pic is indistinguishable from an actual pic of my car.
reddish?

I will have my vengeance.
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by cmd24 »

Remind me again how to post an actual pic and not something from the web? I'll post my Avalanche after I get it washed tomorrow. Poor girl is full of salt and stuff.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

cmd24 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:23 am Remind me again how to post an actual pic and not something from the web? I'll post my Avalanche after I get it washed tomorrow. Poor girl is full of salt and stuff.
Question.. where do you usually get your truck washed? I'm cautious of the places that use the strips that slap against your car. I can just imagine all the rocks stuck in there making microscopic scratches on my paint. But I'm also afraid I might be too "big" for the stationary washes where it moves around you with the sprayers.

#BaltimoreStrong
Kdog

Post by Kdog »

Serious question(s):
How many miles have you put on the Ram so far? Does it have the eTorque system? I was thinking about switching to Ram but have been hearing that the '19s are getting horrible fuel mileage, what have you been averaging on the highway?
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Mandatory wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:28 am
cmd24 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:23 am Remind me again how to post an actual pic and not something from the web? I'll post my Avalanche after I get it washed tomorrow. Poor girl is full of salt and stuff.
Question.. where do you usually get your truck washed? I'm cautious of the places that use the strips that slap against your car. I can just imagine all the rocks stuck in there making microscopic scratches on my paint. But I'm also afraid I might be too "big" for the stationary washes where it moves around you with the sprayers.
I use those coin-op, self serve joints out of necessity. My car has low profile tires, so I can't use the spots with the tracks because it will fuck up my wheels.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Right underneath the "submit" button on the full "post a reply" screen, there's a place where you can add attachments.

Froman seems to be good with a 1998-esque size limit on the attachments though, so it may take some playing with the file.
cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

A combo of gas station places, the local self-washing place in town, and a pressure washer in my driveway (if I get the damn thing fixed). I NEVER use the brushes if it gives me an option. Your Dodge is normal sized, correct? As long as you turn the mirrors in, you shouldn't have any issues. I turn mine in, and wouldn't have to on most of those carwashes.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Kdog wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:46 am

Serious question(s):
How many miles have you put on the Ram so far? Does it have the eTorque system? I was thinking about switching to Ram but have been hearing that the '19s are getting horrible fuel mileage, what have you been averaging on the highway?
I have about 250-300 miles so far, I just bought it a week and a half ago. I honestly have no idea if it has the eTorque system.. I don't ever remember it being mentioned. I will admit that I've been surprised about how bad the gas mileage has been. Most of my commute is highway miles and it says I'm averaging about 13.5 miles a gallon. I just had the tonneau cover put on two days ago and I don't think the weather this week is conducive to a good average number so I'm hoping it gets at least a little better. I thought the papers said it was 21 hwy 16 city but that's obviously bullshit.

Gas mileage aside I really love the truck. It's beautiful.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

cmd24 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:53 am
A combo of gas station places, the local self-washing place in town, and a pressure washer in my driveway (if I get the damn thing fixed). I NEVER use the brushes if it gives me an option. Your Dodge is normal sized, correct? As long as you turn the mirrors in, you shouldn't have any issues. I turn mine in, and wouldn't have to on most of those carwashes.
It's a crew cab with a short bed. It's definitely long. The closest self wash that I know of is 15 mins away.. and not keen on that option in winter.
Last edited by Mandatory on Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#BaltimoreStrong
cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

Mandatory wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:01 pm

Serious question(s):
I have about 250-300 miles so far, I just bought it a week and a half ago. I honestly have no idea if it has the eTorque system.. I don't ever remember it being mentioned. I will admit that I've been surprised about how bad the gas mileage has been. Most of my commute is highway miles and it says I'm averaging about 13.5 miles a gallon. I just had the tonneau cover put on two days ago and I don't think the weather this week is conducive to a good average number so I'm hoping it gets at least a little better. I thought the papers said it was 21 hwy 16 city but that's obviously bullshit.

The best I've ever gotten on highway with a truck is 18, and that was driving to Florida. If I get a full tank of true highway miles, I'm typically around 16. Granted, mine is a 2012. And, I've monkeyed with which fuel I put in, as well.

I'm going to be lucky to get 10-11 this week, I've been letting it idle so much.
cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

Mandatory wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:03 pm
cmd24 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:53 am

It's a crew cab with a short bed. It's definitely long. The closet self wash that I know of is 15 mins away.. and not keen on that option in winter.
You shouldn't have any issues with the length.
Spoiler:
That's what she said.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

cmd24 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:04 pm

Serious question(s):

The best I've ever gotten on highway with a truck is 18, and that was driving to Florida. If I get a full tank of true highway miles, I'm typically around 16. Granted, mine is a 2012. And, I've monkeyed with which fuel I put in, as well.

I'm going to be lucky to get 10-11 this week, I've been letting it idle so much.
I think that's also a big factor.. since I've got the truck I'm constantly letting it warm up so I doubt I'm getting a true reading.

#BaltimoreStrong
cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

Mandatory wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:09 pm

I think that's also a big factor.. since I've got the truck I'm constantly letting it warm up so I doubt I'm getting a true reading.
Plus, if it's brand new, that might affect it, too. I've never owned brand new, but I've heard they take a bit of breaking in to really loosen them up. I'm sure someone more mechanically inclined can verify that.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

cmd24 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:12 pm

Plus, if it's brand new, that might affect it, too. I've never owned brand new, but I've heard they take a bit of breaking in to really loosen them up. I'm sure someone more mechanically inclined can verify that.
Yep.. I'd think you're correct. Guessing I have at least another couple hundred miles before it's anywhere near broken in.

#BaltimoreStrong
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Sort of, yeah. It's not nearly as big of a deal now as it was 15 years ago.

The biggest thing is to get your first oil change at about 1500 miles and not get your tachometer up near the rev limiter until you get to 500 or 1000 miles.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Cobey wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:27 pm

The biggest thing is to get your first oil change at about 1500 miles and not get your tachometer up near the rev limiter until you get to 500 or 1000 miles.
Damn.. guessing those burnouts weren't a good idea.... :beer:

#BaltimoreStrong
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Mandatory wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:28 pm

I guarantee that I was rougher on my clutch than the book recommends during my break in period.

30,000 miles and it's still going strong though.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Cobey wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:31 pm
Mandatory wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:28 pm

I guarantee that I was rougher on my clutch than the book recommends during my break in period.

30,000 miles and it's still going strong though.
I'm just fucking around.. I've been taking it easy.

#BaltimoreStrong
cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

I have a hard time getting used to the fact that we don’t have to change the oil in the Mazda until 6k.