Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Hawkeyes @ Gophers

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: Hawkeyes @ Gophers

Post by HeHateMe »

salamander wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:09 pm This was an impressive win against a ranked team. After giving Michigan all they could handle prior to this I expect big things from this group.

Sadly, that's when MN teams let us down most often.
Oh god, you made it over here now? Brilliant analysis!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Style wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:42 am Always nice to beat a ranked team at home. The end was ugly, but it will forever go down as a W.

On to Illinois. Let's go!
15-5. Gotta get to 20 wins IMO and you're a lock for the tournament.

Illinois
@Purdue
Wisconsin
@MichSt
@Nebraska
Indiana
Michigan
@Rutgers
@Northwestern
Purdue
@Maryland

So you have 11 games left and at minimum need to go 5-6 I think, maybe 4-7 depending on who the wins are against. A win on Wednesday is much needed. I'm starting to like the home games against Wisconsin, Indiana and Purdue. The way they played at home against Iowa and Nebraska shows how well they CAN play at home. The road games with Purdue, Nebraska, Northwestern and Maryland will all be tough but I think they can steal at least one. The Rutgers away game will be a must win like the home game against Illinois.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:46 pm
Style wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:42 am Always nice to beat a ranked team at home. The end was ugly, but it will forever go down as a W.

Illinois
@Purdue
Wisconsin
@MichSt
@Nebraska
Indiana
Michigan
@Rutgers
@Northwestern
Purdue
@Maryland

So you have 11 games left and at minimum need to go 5-6 I think, maybe 4-7 depending on who the wins are against. A win on Wednesday is much needed. I'm starting to like the home games against Wisconsin, Indiana and Purdue. The way they played at home against Iowa and Nebraska shows how well they CAN play at home. The road games with Purdue, Nebraska, Northwestern and Maryland will all be tough but I think they can steal at least one. The Rutgers away game will be a must win like the home game against Illinois.
It's going to be tight (like most years). They'll lose one they shouldn't so they'll likely need to grab one at Nebraska or somewhere else.
Ketchup can be nuancy
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Ask Not wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:39 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:46 pm

Illinois
@Purdue
Wisconsin
@MichSt
@Nebraska
Indiana
Michigan
@Rutgers
@Northwestern
Purdue
@Maryland

It's going to be tight (like most years). They'll lose one they shouldn't so they'll likely need to grab one at Nebraska or somewhere else.
I'll make the case they made up for the Illinois road loss winning at Wisconsin. I still can't believe how close they got it at Michigan but let's hope they can pull off another surprise.

Why not beat the Wolverines at home? Or the Spartans on the road.... :mrgreen:
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

3-2 against ranked teams. That’s a recipe for dancing.
salamander

Post by salamander »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:41 pm
salamander wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:09 pm This was an impressive win against a ranked team. After giving Michigan all they could handle prior to this I expect big things from this group.

Sorry for watching Gophers basketball?
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

salamander wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:40 pm

You are welcome here like anyone else Sala.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
salamander

Post by salamander »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:45 pm

Thank you Sergeant Rubetube. :beer:
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

This might sound mean, but does anyone else notice how heavy Whelan is getting? Maybe she should spend a little less time eating and a little more time figuring out how to not blow 4th quarter leads.....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:45 pm

:lol: :lol: