Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Mike Grant - Head Coach Eden Prairie

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
INSIJS

Mike Grant - Head Coach Eden Prairie

Post by INSIJS »

Sure his name has been mentioned nearly every time the Gophers football head coach position comes open. But why hasn’t Mike Grant moved up into college or pro coaching? Eden Prairie gig too sweet? Family?
Fuck you. :finger: Original RC 2004 & RC Kickball Team. :drinky:
Hornets

Re: Mike Grant - Head Coach Eden Prairie

Post by Hornets »

INSIJS wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:48 pm Sure his name has been mentioned nearly every time the Gophers football head coach position comes open. But why hasn’t Mike Grant moved up into college or pro coaching? Eden Prairie gig too sweet? Family?
Good question and I used to think the same thing. Maybe he just enjoys a laid back lifestyle and doesn't want to mess with the ugliness of the college or pro game. Not nearly as many hassles when your a HS head coach and your dad's name is Bud Grant....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

I was surprised he didn't take the St. Johns gig when it opened up.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Slap Shot wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:04 am I was surprised he didn't take the St. Johns gig when it opened up.
It wasnt offered.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:39 am
Slap Shot wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:04 am I was surprised he didn't take the St. Johns gig when it opened up.
It wasnt offered.
Was he even interested though? You'd think an alumnus with his track record would be in the running.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Slap Shot wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:45 am
bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:39 am
It wasnt offered.
Was he even interested though? You'd think an alumnus with his track record would be in the running.
Its my understanding that he was interested, it came down to him and Gary Fasching, and they went with Fasching who had been there for over a decade. My understanding is that Grant was somewhat bitter with not getting the job, so yes, he was interested.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Ok gotcha.
Cripes

Post by Cripes »

St Johns is too far from Lions Tap so he passed.