Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Most impressive stat of the GOAT?

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
hategreenticemase

Most impressive stat of the GOAT?

Post by hategreenticemase »

8 straight AFC title game appearances or 28-10 post season record.

Everyone had him dead and buried. 41 years old. Incredible.
Why Not Us

Re: Most impressive stat of the GOAT?

Post by Why Not Us »

If not for 2 lucky catches by Giants players he has 7 Super Bowl titles.

For reference on Brady's 28-10 postseason record, the Vikings have a 20-29 postseason record.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Pretty sure Chiefs beat the Pats, but wouldn't it be awesome to see Brady vs Brees in the SB?
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
BBG

Post by BBG »

I thought he was losing his edge?
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

By contrast, Super QB (according to some Froobs) Kirk D. Cousins is 0 - 1 in the post season after 7 seasons in the NFL. The great thing is, "He's worth every penny spent on him!"
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

Why Not Us wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:30 pm If not for 2 lucky catches by Giants players he has 7 Super Bowl titles.

For reference on Brady's 28-10 postseason record, the Vikings have a 20-29 postseason record.
True but if not for the tuck rule and his kicker he would have less.
In Kwesi we trust.
hategreenticemase

Correction - new most impressive stat.

Excluding the year he got season ending injury first game, in his 17 seasons he has played in the AFC title game 13 times in 17 years.

They were messing around with this on ESPN - Brady is more likely to play in AFC title game than most accurate passer in history is to complete a pass. Cant. Make. It. Up. :lol:
CasualObserverGuy

Post by CasualObserverGuy »

Hornets wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:43 pm Pretty sure Chiefs beat the Pats, but wouldn't it be awesome to see Brady vs Brees in the SB?
Only if before the game they make a public declaration that the winner will retire. Then that would be must watch TV.
Jesus threw the money changers out of the Temple in Jerusalem. We need to throw the bankers out of Washington.
CasualObserverGuy

Post by CasualObserverGuy »

hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:01 pm Correction - new most impressive stat.

Excluding the year he got season ending injury first game, in his 17 seasons he has played in the AFC title game 13 times in 17 years.

They were messing around with this on ESPN - Brady is more likely to play in AFC title game than most accurate passer in history is to complete a pass. Cant. Make. It. Up. :lol:
Helps to have a crappy division... makes it easier to try and get the #1 or #2 seed.

EDIT, further data... TB12 has a 79.4 win% against AFC East, and a 75.4 win% against everyone else. Now, the Patriots/TB12 are good, don't get me wrong, but that extra 0.64 wins/season helps ensure that bye. So he essentially has a 76.0 win% at home in January to get to the AFCC. Not that unreasonable. It's the annual regular season dominance that is most impressive.
Last edited by CasualObserverGuy on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus threw the money changers out of the Temple in Jerusalem. We need to throw the bankers out of Washington.
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

BBG wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:05 pm I thought he was losing his edge?
The Patriots lost their touch in like 2012 or sometime around that.
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
BBG

Post by BBG »

B-Town wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:18 pm
The Patriots lost their touch in like 2012 or sometime around that.
hategreenticemase

CasualObserverGuy wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:11 pm
Hornets wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:43 pm Pretty sure Chiefs beat the Pats, but wouldn't it be awesome to see Brady vs Brees in the SB?
Only if before the game they make a public declaration that the winner will retire. Then that would be must watch TV.
Wouldn't it be better if the loser had to retire?
salamander

Post by salamander »

He is. Post season Tom just has a massive edge.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
BBG

Post by BBG »

salamander wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:47 pm
He is. Post season Tom just has a massive edge. dong
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

BBG wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:59 pm
Bigger than Big Dick Nick?
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Why Not Us wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:30 pm If not for 2 lucky catches by Giants players he has 7 Super Bowl titles.

And if not for the Seahawks passing on the goal line and a massive implosion by Atlanta, he would have two less. Works both ways.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
salamander

Post by salamander »

Yes. Yes he does.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:32 pm

Bigger than Big Dick Nick?
Yes. Yes he does.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

belichick is almost unbeatable when he has a couple of weeks to prepare for an afc playoff game. that's what that stat tells me. brady's great-but i think the schemes and gameplans bill comes up in these games is absolutely hhhuuugggeee in all their success. not to mention these games are played in foxboro.
Angry Waters

Post by Angry Waters »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:40 pm

And if not for the Seahawks passing on the goal line and a massive implosion by Atlanta, he would have two less. Works both ways.
Both are correct! His SB record is probably about what it should be. Which is just friggin' mind-boggling, to be honest. Especially in our sports-starved market. I'm 45 years old. In my lifetime, I'll never again see anything like the run the Belichick/Brady-led Patriots have been on for the last 18 years.
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

The most impressive stat is that with all of his success and GOAT status of NFL history is that he isn't always the breadwinner at home!
Last edited by bombers3shooter on Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Angry Waters wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:18 pm

Both are correct! His SB record is probably about what it should be. Which is just friggin' mind-boggling, to be honest. Especially in our sports-starved market. I'm 45 years old. In my lifetime, I'll never again see anything like the run the Belichick/Brady-led Patriots have been on for the last 18 years.
it's an amazing run. and the thing is they've never been one of those "blow out the other squad-team for the ages" in the SB. but belichick always has his squad ready to play the game-so they're never out of the games either. i think the SB record is just about right because of those two losses to NY are offset by the improbable atlanta win and the brain-fart by carroll to not run lynch at the goal line. in that one belichick did a terrible job in time management and in the end came out smelling like a rose because of the seahawks outsmarting themselves. worst.play.in.SB.history.ever.
Angry Waters

Post by Angry Waters »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:23 pm

it's an amazing run. and the thing is they've never been one of those "blow out the other squad-team for the ages" in the SB. but belichick always has his squad ready to play the game-so they're never out of the games either. i think the SB record is just about right because of those two losses to NY are offset by the improbable atlanta win and the brain-fart by carroll to not run lynch at the goal line. in that one belichick did a terrible job in time management and in the end came out smelling like a rose because of the seahawks outsmarting themselves. worst.play.in.SB.history.ever.
I'm still a little perplexed over the Malcolm Butler saga last year, too. Still don't know what to make of that and how much effect it had on the game. That was another "coin flip" game, like most (all?) of their Super Bowls. What are your thoughts on the AFC Championship Game? I know the Pats have struggled this season outside of Foxborough, but I think if I were forced to bet on the game, I'd take NE and the points.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Angry Waters wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:32 pm
weimy froob wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:23 pm
I'm still a little perplexed over the Malcolm Butler saga last year, too. Still don't know what to make of that and how much effect it had on the game. That was another "coin flip" game, like most (all?) of their Super Bowls. What are your thoughts on the AFC Championship Game? I know the Pats have struggled this season outside of Foxborough, but I think if I were forced to bet on the game, I'd take NE and the points.
yep. in the year that denver went to the SB and beat the panthers-the patriots went on the road and woulda coulda shoulda won that game. not a game i'd like to play though-because i just can't find it in me to pull for the patriots. i'd have to bet it the other way. :mrgreen:

andy reid has an 800 lb. gorilla on his back and to try to get that off against the patriots seems to be a tall task. i wish him luck though.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

Big Dick Nick is more fun to say than Big Dong Tom.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
Gork

Post by Gork »

Not taking anything from Tommy Two Guns but that offensive line was pretty impressive. He had all day to throw against Bosa and Ingram
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Gork wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:52 pm Not taking anything from Tommy Two Guns but that offensive line was pretty impressive. He had all day to throw against Bosa and Ingram
yep. i knew that game was over after the third drive and i saw that they weren't going to get any pressure on him. what a letdown. i changed the channel. at least spielman, zimmer and co. see what kind of offensive line play you need to thump a playoff opponent. one that was relentless with the rush just a week before.
Hector

Post by Hector »

Gork wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:52 pm Not taking anything from Tommy Two Guns but that offensive line was pretty impressive. He had all day to throw against Bosa and Ingram
Funny how they lose Solder and then all of a sudden this cast off 7th round pick LT that the Patriots gave up a fourth rounder for is part of a dominant line.

I think a lot of the Patriots success is scheme flexibility. That Erhardt Perkins system was founded in New England and nobody has ever grasped it like TB12. If he starts getting pressure, he goes hurry up...bye bye pressure. If the other team sits back in coverage, here comes the run game. You pretty much just pick which way you want to lose.
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

CasualObserverGuy wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:13 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:01 pm Correction - new most impressive stat.

Helps to have a crappy division... makes it easier to try and get the #1 or #2 seed.

EDIT, further data... TB12 has a 79.4 win% against AFC East, and a 75.4 win% against everyone else. Now, the Patriots/TB12 are good, don't get me wrong, but that extra 0.64 wins/season helps ensure that bye. So he essentially has a 76.0 win% at home in January to get to the AFCC. Not that unreasonable. It's the annual regular season dominance that is most impressive.
Still. That percentage is still amazing over that period of time.
In Kwesi we trust.
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

Hector wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:26 pm
Funny how they lose Solder and then all of a sudden this cast off 7th round pick LT that the Patriots gave up a fourth rounder for is part of a dominant line.

I think a lot of the Patriots success is scheme flexibility. That Erhardt Perkins system was founded in New England and nobody has ever grasped it like TB12. If he starts getting pressure, he goes hurry up...bye bye pressure. If the other team sits back in coverage, here comes the run game. You pretty much just pick which way you want to lose.
His benefit was having the greatest defensive mind in history to learn from. From early on they would sit and break down film and opponents and Bill would tell Tom how to attack defenses and where the weaknesses were and they became a coach/ QB combo that has been pretty unstoppable sans a few Eli Manning miracles.
In Kwesi we trust.