Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

**** OFFICIAL Brooklyn Nets @ Minnesota Twolves - FSN 7pm ****

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
flexbuffchest

Re: **** OFFICIAL Brooklyn Nets @ Minnesota Twolves - FSN 7pm ****

Post by flexbuffchest »

j2j wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:56 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:54 pm Just got home.

Quick recap?

Was Okogie injured or something?
No, the espn box score is fucked up. He played, and played fairly well.
:beer:
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Reetz

Post by Reetz »

flexbuffchest wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:08 pm Was the offense stagnant like before? Or lots of ball movement? Highlights of the game aren't up on youtube yet!
More movement but lots of turnovers. It's a blowout if we dont turn it over 30 or so times
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

flexbuffchest wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:08 pm Was the offense stagnant like before? Or lots of ball movement? Highlights of the game aren't up on youtube yet!
Ball was zipping around pretty well. Teague set up a lot of guys, Rose did too. 11 and 6 assists respectively.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Heavy usage by both Teague and Rose. Lots of turnovers tonight.

Towns was a beast on the boards, no Allen for Nets so Kat dominated.

Wiggins had an all around game. 13 pts, 6 rebs, 3 ast, 1 blk, 1 stl. He had elite defense tonight vs Joe Harris who shot 3-15.

Okogie brought some nice energy off the bench. The rest of the guys, not much from them tonight. Can't wait to have Saric come in from the bench
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:15 pm

Wiggins had an all around game. 13 pts, 6 rebs, 3 ast, 1 blk, 1 stl. He had elite defense tonight vs Joe Harris who shot 3-15.

Okogie brought some nice energy off the bench. The rest of the guys, not much from them tonight. Can't wait to have Saric come in from the bench
Harris was missing a lot of good looks. Wiggins was pretty lazy defensively I thought. We were pretty bad, actually extremely bad in the first half. Better in the 2nd half, the whole team was. Thibs mentioned he was still nursing his quad injury. Because he looked slow.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Reetz wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:10 pm
More movement but lots of turnovers. It's a blowout if we dont turn it over 30 or so times
HOT TAKE:

In today’s NBA you do not want to be the team averaging the fewest turnovers in the league.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

YBBR wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:19 pm

Harris was missing a lot of good looks. Wiggins was pretty lazy defensively I thought. We were pretty bad, actually extremely bad in the first half. Better in the 2nd half, the whole team was. Thibs mentioned he was still nursing his quad injury. Because he looked slow.
I thought his man to man defense was good. He had a nice block on Harris and had a hand in his face most of the night.

The off ball defense continues to need work. Watching backdoor screens, cuts, etc
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

thinktank wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:35 pm
Reetz wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:10 pm
HOT TAKE:

In today’s NBA you do not want to be the team averaging the fewest turnovers in the league.
Why am I laughing :lol:
j2j

Post by j2j »

YBBR wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:57 pm
j2j wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:55 pm
You can see the look on his face where he's thinking, "Alright, we're doing this. Last ounce of energy left in my legs for the last freak dunk of my career."
:lol: KG took about 3 years off the end of his life with that dunk. Totally worth it.
Totally. Probably would have been just spent in a nursing home f-bombing nurses anyways.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

YBBR wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:19 pm

Thibs always looks slow, hope his quad heals up so he can go golfing when he’s fired.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

YBBR wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:57 pm
j2j wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:55 pm
You can see the look on his face where he's thinking, "Alright, we're doing this. Last ounce of energy left in my legs for the last freak dunk of my career."
:lol: KG took about 3 years off the end of his life with that dunk. Totally worth it.
Thank God Thibbs wanted full control of everything and didn’t want to have KG around to undermine him with the kids.

Imagine where KAT would have as a player with another season or two of having KG around.

It was a stupid move to dump KG.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

boxter432 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:48 pm
j2j wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:35 pm
YBBR wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:33 pm

Oh...capital DUNK...probably not
Yeah, I want to see one of his Chicago dunks where he tries to rip the rim off. His knees would probably explode on the landing.
I literally just watched that last night!
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Wolves twitter guy is gonna get fired for this :lol:

kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Teague was good. We missed him during his injury stretch. I think he'll look to be more active on offense with Jimmy gone.

Okogie solid as usual. Just needs that ball to get in the hoop more.

Towns should have had over 30 tonight. We couldn't get him the ball enough. How many fouls did he draw? Tons.

Wiggins played like an average nba player. Start of the 3rd quarter he just stands there while Towns guy drives to the hoop. WTF? This is where a guy like Okogie in Wiggins position wouldn't give up those points. A couple of people who rave about Wiggins just don't see this bs.
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

Towns = 10 turnovers. Blah. He needs to toughen up
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Brett wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:26 am

We got a Joe Harris stopper.

League fucked.
Joe Harris leads the league in 3pt shooting this year
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

jimmyjamjammer wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:37 am Towns = 10 turnovers. Blah. He needs to toughen up
I think he only had about six true turnovers by my count. Pivoting shouldn't cause a turnover in my God that happened multiple times last night. The referees really ruined that game quite a bit.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Honestly one of the most complete games Towns has played all season so far. Turnovers aside, he played very well.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

jimmyjamjammer wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:37 am Towns = 10 turnovers. Blah. He needs to toughen up
This was the really bad thing.....I mean, as a team....we played sloppy with the ball, but KAT is going to have higher usage now. He needs to not hit double digit TO's....way too much. I do know Butler is awesome and we'll miss him, but that's last years Butler.....he may have no been playing shitty on purpose, but he wasn't playing up to his par from last season. Covington and Saric add a lot of shooting to this squad. I'm not saying we're going to be better because of this deal, but I think this team will play more together because of it.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

digitalwolf wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:50 pm
This was the really bad thing.....I mean, as a team....we played sloppy with the ball, but KAT is going to have higher usage now. He needs to not hit double digit TO's....way too much. I do know Butler is awesome and we'll miss him, but that's last years Butler.....he may have no been playing shitty on purpose, but he wasn't playing up to his par from last season. Covington and Saric add a lot of shooting to this squad. I'm not saying we're going to be better because of this deal, but I think this team will play more together because of it.
BBB
Some of us new trading away the future for Butler was a truly shitty idea, and some of us were clueless..... ;)

Butler was a disaster to this franchise.

Yes they will play better as a team without him.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

jodaman01 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:14 pm
BBB
Some of us new trading away the future for Butler was a truly shitty idea, and some of us were clueless..... ;)

So you think we'll win more games this year than last year, that is in fact what you are saying. I'll hold you to that.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

zeitgeist wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:08 am
jodaman01 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:14 pm

BBB

So you think we'll win more games this year than last year, that is in fact what you are saying. I'll hold you to that.
They will play better as a Team are my words. If they had this squad and a different coach from the beginning of training camp - I would have said they would play better as a Team AND their record this season would be better than last.

As of now it can go either way for me. I would love It they put this together - figure it out - and catch fire. I also wouldn’t lose it if they tanked got Thibbs shitcanned and the fuck out of this organization altogether and started with a clean slate next season.

Hold me to that.

I knew and had seen quite a bit about Butler before we got him, don’t know nearly as much about these two other than they played great team players to the stars in Philly. I look forward to watching how this comes together.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

HAHAHAHA

Look at you hedge and attempt to weasel your way out of what you said.

Yes, to play better means to win more games. LMAO You are NOT playing better if you are winning less, or you could even go by SRS which accounts for point differential and the quality of your opponents but you wouldn't take that either because you know you'll be wrong.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

zeitgeist wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:32 am HAHAHAHA

Yes, to play better means to win more games. LMAO You are NOT playing better if you are winning less, or you could even go by SRS which accounts for point differential and the quality of your opponents but you wouldn't take that either because you know you'll be wrong.
It’s subjective.

They won games last year and most of the #’s and stats look good. Many here, including myself thought they were a bad team and didn’t play team basketball. They didn’t add up to the sum of their parts.

I am excited to see how this comes together. I think Thibbs style may be and albatross to the concept of Team basketball on offense. In Chicago he lived off Rose / Butler being who they are. They weren’t a great offense, now their defense was the exact opposite and why they won.

Now Thibbs D is worthless in today’s NBA, and his offense hasn’t really adapted much - so that is a huge problem. Changing players may not have all that much of an affect on that.

Thibbs doesn’t adapt to what his players do well, he forces them into his style whether they fit or not......you can’t operate that way in today’s game.

GO WOLVES! :thumbsup:
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

jodaman01 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:19 am
zeitgeist wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:32 am HAHAHAHA

It’s subjective.

They won games last year and most of the #’s and stats look good. Many here, including myself thought they were a bad team and didn’t play team basketball. They didn’t add up to the sum of their parts.

I am excited to see how this comes together. I think Thibbs style may be and albatross to the concept of Team basketball on offense. In Chicago he lived off Rose / Butler being who they are. They weren’t a great offense, now their defense was the exact opposite and why they won.

Now Thibbs D is worthless in today’s NBA, and his offense hasn’t really adapted much - so that is a huge problem. Changing players may not have all that much of an affect on that.

Thibbs doesn’t adapt to what his players do well, he forces them into his style whether they fit or not......you can’t operate that way in today’s game.

GO WOLVES! :thumbsup:
Basketball is subjective! :lol:

It's why that scoreboard is so hard to read. What a clown.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Towns is a bust.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.