Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Butler requests trade -- Butler traded to Philly 11/10 update

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
kilkenny

Re: Butler requests trade -- Butler traded to Philly 11/10 update

Post by kilkenny »

The real question is would you rather have LaVine, Dunn and Markannen. If you like Covington, Saric, Bayless, and a 2nd better then we got a good deal.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

I think future Dirk will end up the best player from all this crap. Including Butler, himself.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

kilkenny wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:13 pm The real question is would you rather have LaVine, Dunn and Markannen. If you like Covington, Saric, Bayless, and a 2nd better then we got a good deal.
The only piece you miss is Markkanen. Saric a little bit of a step down. I did not like Dunn here.

Going back to when Thibs got hired... Draft Murray, keep Rubio over Teague. Sign Redick last summer, keep Markkanen. Deal Wiggins/LaVine?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

kilkenny wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:13 pm The real question is would you rather have LaVine, Dunn and Markannen. If you like Covington, Saric, Bayless, and a 2nd better then we got a good deal.
I like Covington/Saric side over the Lavine side.
We couldn't afford to be the ones paying Lavine $20M or so a year.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Doogie in recent podcast says Wizards offered Otto Porter weeks back for Butler.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:32 pm Doogie in recent podcast says Wizards offered Otto Porter weeks back for Butler.
I like Porter.

But if we weren't going to pay Butler, there is no way we would pay Porter.

Also, I have to believe Saric and Covington is a better trade than Porter. Now it if it was Butler and Dieng for Porter and an expiring (Oubre, etc.), that might have been a different story
salamander

Post by salamander »

YES!!! WE GOT 3 NOBODIES AND A BAG OF CHIPS, I mean 2nd rounder!!!

Now we have 0 players on the team who are great players. KAT is a bust who is good, not great.
He has zero potential to be great at this point IMO. No one else on this team is even good.

This franchise is a joke and I hope it leaves our state. Get B-ball out of MN.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
larryhagmansliver

Post by larryhagmansliver »

salamander wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:06 pm YES!!! WE GOT 3 NOBODIES AND A BAG OF CHIPS, I mean 2nd rounder!!!

Now we have 0 players on the team who are great players. KAT is a bust who is good, not great.
He has zero potential to be great at this point IMO. No one else on this team is even good.

You have the nerdiest sig Ive ever seen.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

salamander wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:06 pm YES!!! WE GOT 3 NOBODIES AND A BAG OF CHIPS, I mean 2nd rounder!!!

We sure wont miss your 7 total posts in Wolves Chat. :thumbsup:

So long.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

I assume Covington and Saric are sitting out tonight? Probably more reasonable for them to play Wednesday.
t_wrex
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2019***

Post by t_wrex »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:32 pm I assume Covington and Saric are sitting out tonight? Probably more reasonable for them to play Wednesday.
Wtf why?

This isn't the nfl where you need 10 days to study the playbook.
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
Corre Ricky Corre

t_wrex wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:41 pm
Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:32 pm I assume Covington and Saric are sitting out tonight? Probably more reasonable for them to play Wednesday.
Wtf why?

Are they even here?
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:43 pm
t_wrex wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:41 pm
Wtf why?

Are they even here?
From the sounds of it, nobody seemed sure that the paperwork would actually finalize in time for any of them to play tonight. Haven’t heard anything else since.
Corre Ricky Corre

I heard the paperwork is done. Just heard that Jimmy isn't playing until Wednesday. Everyone in the trade has to pass a physical first. Wonder if that is getting done now?
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:52 pm I heard the paperwork is done. Just heard that Jimmy isn't playing until Wednesday. Everyone in the trade has to pass a physical first. Wonder if that is getting done now?
Everything is official, I have to assume the physical were done in town. Which means they are here. I have a feeling they will be in civilian clothes on the bench. So you can cheer them at least.

I hope they get some playing time tonight, that would be swell.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
Reetz

Post by Reetz »

Bayless is listed as out on espn injury report for the game...this makes my cup more than 1/2 full :humper:
Corre Ricky Corre

Robert Covington and Dario Saric will not be available for Monday's game against the Nets.

All the players involved in the Butler deal will need to report to their new teams and undergo physicals before they're cleared to play, which has not happened yet. All these guys should be able to make their debuts on Wednesday, but with Covington and Saric unavailable on Monday, Josh Okogie and Taj Gibson could be forced into heavy minutes.
Reetz

Post by Reetz »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:16 pm Robert Covington and Dario Saric will not be available for Monday's game against the Nets.

All the players involved in the Butler deal will need to report to their new teams and undergo physicals before they're cleared to play, which has not happened yet. All these guys should be able to make their debuts on Wednesday, but with Covington and Saric unavailable on Monday, Josh Okogie and Taj Gibson could be forced into heavy minutes.
Source?
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

I have a feeling Butler is going to break down (probably knee issue) within the first few games he plays for the Sixers.
Corre Ricky Corre

Reetz wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:33 pm
Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:16 pm Robert Covington and Dario Saric will not be available for Monday's game against the Nets.

Source?
Kent Youngblood at Rotoworld.
Style

Post by Style »

Knowing how important Butler was both to the Wolves’ success on the court and Thibodeau’s chances of being a successful team president and coach, Thibs did not take steps to explore deals for Butler during the summer. At least one team, unaware that Butler had already tried to steer Wolves leadership toward a trade, reached out to the Wolves in July to gauge Butler’s availability and was quickly shot down.
-The Athletic

Any guesses on the team?
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Style wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:58 pm
Knowing how important Butler was both to the Wolves’ success on the court and Thibodeau’s chances of being a successful team president and coach, Thibs did not take steps to explore deals for Butler during the summer. At least one team, unaware that Butler had already tried to steer Wolves leadership toward a trade, reached out to the Wolves in July to gauge Butler’s availability and was quickly shot down.
-The Athletic

Any guesses on the team?
Houston
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
larryhagmansliver

Post by larryhagmansliver »

Style wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:58 pm
-The Athletic

Any guesses on the team?
Spurs perhaps.
Reetz

Post by Reetz »

Parting message from Dario....
https://t.co/uEyQLGZYIt
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Reetz wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:31 pm Parting message from Dario....
https://t.co/uEyQLGZYIt
I bet these guy's are super stoked to come here
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Reetz

Post by Reetz »

I hope the wins come reeling in and another chemistry elixir is hanging out outside of the game. Dario still 24 and RoCo isn't ancient to go along with both guys being hustle guys on the court, I can see this home stand turning better than .500 ball
Corre Ricky Corre

Thibs said Dario is a great defender and we got a good pick from Philly... This dude is a clown.
weimy froob

Re: Butler requests trade -- Butler sitting out 10/31 update

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:35 pm this thread gave the female appreciation one a good run for the money for the largest thread in mnrubecentral.com history. looks like it'll come about 1800 posts short now though.

rip thread. you sure were a good one.
it lives!
weimy froob

Re: Butler requests trade -- Butler sitting out 10/31 update

Post by weimy froob »

mglviks wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:04 pm Glad we can put this one to bed. It went further than it shouldve.
Still gave us plenty to talk about.
it's still not bed time for this thread. not yet. :coolio:
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

TrueBlue wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:57 pm Dude... fuck Jimmy...
Butler decided he would play on Friday night, but he viewed it as the fork in the road. If the Timberwolves didn’t find a deal to fulfill his long-simmering trade request after that, he would begin to sit indefinitely, league sources told The Athletic.

The Kings defeated Minnesota 121-110 to push the Timberwolves to 4-9 and a winless road trip; Butler had 13 points, eight rebounds and eight assists in 41 minutes. He had played almost 124 minutes in the last three games, all losses, and at halftime of the final one, the Wolves were informed that this was it for Butler, sources said.
What a bitch.

Thanks for the play offs Jimmy, I really mean that, but fuck you.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?