Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What do the Twins have to sell for next year?

A place to discuss the MN Twins
Jimtown guy

Re: What do the Twins have to sell for next year?

Post by Jimtown guy »

Hornets wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:07 pm Heading into next year the only guy I feel comfortable being in the starting lineup is Polanco. Not Sano, not Buxton, not Kepler, NO ONE ELSE. Good thing is we got a boat load of cash to spend and I think Falvey and Co will surprise us....

On a side note, I think Molitor is gone. Not happy about that, just a gut feeling.
No Rosario? Get out of here
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Jimtown guy wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:18 pm
Hornets wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:07 pm Heading into next year the only guy I feel comfortable being in the starting lineup is Polanco. Not Sano, not Buxton, not Kepler, NO ONE ELSE. Good thing is we got a boat load of cash to spend and I think Falvey and Co will surprise us....

On a side note, I think Molitor is gone. Not happy about that, just a gut feeling.
No Rosario? Get out of here
OOPS! Forgot Eddie! Yes, he can come back also!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

BUMP!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Slim Shady

Post by Slim Shady »

new concession stand options?
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

This team has so much room for payroll, I bet they only use about half of it though on new players.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

A Kickass Offense wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:21 pm Hope.

"Just wait until Lewis and Kriloff arrive!!"

Even on the off chance they they aren't busts once they get here, their best years will be spent playing for a shit ballclub before they are traded away for peanuts.

It's the same fucking nightmare year after year.
HEre is my point.... why wait? Why delay? WHat is the point of having mediocrity at best.

Lewis, Kirilloff, Rooker, Wade, and Luis Arraez all need to be on the roster day 1 and playing. Our young manager needs to be developing these guys at the major league level. How much the team struggles year one will depend on how the other younger players around them play like Sano, Buxton, Cave, Polanco, Rosario and Kepler. But even if the team loses 100 games like the 1982 Twins, at least it is developing. I woudl rather watch them lose with Lewis and the rest of them playing than Taylor Motter and Bobby Wilson......

The other thing is they need to have Willians Astudillo on the roster. He just seems like a guy they can create a Bob Lurtsema type image for. Have him do the 9 position thing in a game as a promotion, etc.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

mlhouse wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:57 pm

Even on the off chance they they aren't busts once they get here, their best years will be spent playing for a shit ballclub before they are traded away for peanuts.

HEre is my point.... why wait? Why delay? WHat is the point of having mediocrity at best.

Lewis, Kirilloff, Rooker, Wade, and Luis Arraez all need to be on the roster day 1 and playing. Our young manager needs to be developing these guys at the major league level. How much the team struggles year one will depend on how the other younger players around them play like Sano, Buxton, Cave, Polanco, Rosario and Kepler. But even if the team loses 100 games like the 1982 Twins, at least it is developing. I woudl rather watch them lose with Lewis and the rest of them playing than Taylor Motter and Bobby Wilson......

The other thing is they need to have Willians Astudillo on the roster. He just seems like a guy they can create a Bob Lurtsema type image for. Have him do the 9 position thing in a game as a promotion, etc.
I agree but the Twins never do this. They don't want the clocks to start ticking on these guy's contracts.

They will play a bunch of turds while losing 90+ and tell us "The young guy's are not ready" meanwhile the turds they are playing have never been ready to play either.

They will tehn make sure to keep these guys in the minors so long thag they are guaranteed to be a bust by the time they come up.

#TwinsWay
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:13 pm This team has so much room for payroll, I bet they only use about half of it though on new players.
We should jump for joy if they even spend half of it. :naners:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

some prince jerseys should do it.
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Sellingguy wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:12 am some prince jerseys should do it.
Already had "Prince night" last season. I'm hoping for some sick Bangles or B-52's branded merch.
D_H

Post by D_H »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:13 pm This team has so much room for payroll, I bet they only use about half of it though on new players.
Yep

That's why I refuse to go to a game - ownership is laughing all the way to the bank. They could care less about winning.
Jack Hoff

Post by Jack Hoff »

D_H wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:00 pm
Yep

That's why I refuse to go to a game - ownership is laughing all the way to the bank. They could care less about winning.
You are to busy reading liberal garbage to go to a game :lol:
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:47 am
mlhouse wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:57 pm

I agree but the Twins never do this. They don't want the clocks to start ticking on these guy's contracts.

They will play a bunch of turds while losing 90+ and tell us "The young guy's are not ready" meanwhile the turds they are playing have never been ready to play either.

They will tehn make sure to keep these guys in the minors so long thag they are guaranteed to be a bust by the time they come up.

#TwinsWay
I think the Twins are the only organization in MLB that hopes their top prospects never amount to much because the "clock is ticking" then they will have to pay them. THis has cost the team as they will not develop players at teh major league level like they did in their previous rebuilds.

This has been going on for a long damn time and I have pointed out numerous examples. Go back a long time ago and look at Justin Mourneau because most of our prospects follow similar paths. He was 18 in his draft year 1999 and like a lot of high school prospects started in the low Rookie league. Then, despite a .302 batting average Mourneau started the 2000 season at teh same level and in 226 of low rookie increased his BA by 100 points, to .402, with a OPS of 1.087. That moved him up a level in 2001, and he hit .356 to start the year in A ball, had a .821 OPS in A+, and got in 10 games in AA. Sometimes you can only be so conservative so unlike a lot of players they kept him in AA. He pounded the ball in AA, moved up to AAA and got 40 games with the Twins as a 22 year old. His first 40 games were not stellar, just a .664 OPS, so of course the Twins decided he needed to prove he can smash minor league pitching more and he started the 2004 season in AAA.

WHen he was called up, he only hit 19 home runs and had a .875 OPS, but the Twins would rather have a weak hitting Doug Mientkiewicz at first, great fielder you know. Two years later Mourneau is the MVP.
Slim Shady

Post by Slim Shady »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:47 am

#TwinsWay
:lol:
Spoiler:
:|
Slim Shady

Post by Slim Shady »

Miley Cyrus wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:16 am
Sellingguy wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:12 am some prince jerseys should do it.
Already had "Prince night" last season. I'm hoping for some sick Bangles or B-52's branded merch.
maybe they could start having post game concerts
washed up 80's hair bands :thumbsup:
Slim Shady

Post by Slim Shady »

a month into the season they could talk Iron Joe out of retirement, that's good for 3-4 "Welcome Back Joe" weekends :thumbsup:
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Definitely not Kennys Vargas.
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

It's here, fellas! Author should've added "and portion sizes" to the title.
Twins slashing prices on several traditional concession items at 2 Target Field stands

By PAUL WALSH , STAR TRIBUNE
March 06, 2019 - 12:05 PM

The Minnesota Twins are sharply cutting prices on some traditional concession items at two locations in Target Field, the team announced Wednesday.

The team said it is discounting prices on hot dogs, nachos, soft pretzels, peanuts, popcorn, soft drinks and specific beers in hopes of making the expense of coming to a game more affordable for families.

“The Twins are excited about partnering with Delaware North Sportservice to bring family-friendly concessions pricing to Target Field,” team president and CEO Dave St. Peter said in a statement announcing the reductions. “The affordability of the Target Field experience remains paramount to our efforts to attract kids and families to the ballpark.”

The lower-priced items will be at the stadium’s two “State Fair” stands: Section 133, in right-field lower level, and Section 327, in the left-field corner of the upper level.

Some of the discounted items do not have an exact apples to apples — or peanut to peanut — comparison for the same food and drink sold elsewhere in the stadium, and regular prices on some of these items have been nudged up a bit from 2018.

Here are the reduced price offerings, with this year’s prices elsewhere in the stadium for comparable items in parentheses:

• Schweigert regular-size hot dog: $4 ($5)

• Slightly smaller nachos: $4 ($7)

• 2 soft pretzel sticks, no cheese: $4 (Large soft pretzel, with cheese $7)

• Peanuts: $3 ($6)

• Popcorn: $3 ($6)

• 16-ounce Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew or Sierra Mist: $2 (24 ounces, $6.50)

• 12-ounce Budweiser or Bud Light: $5 (20 ounces, $9)

The concessions stands will also offer a more convenient self-checkout process, with fans being able to make their purchases using touch-screen kiosks.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

pop and a bag of peanuts is reasonable now.
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

weimy froob wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:34 pm pop and a bag of peanuts is reasonable now.
Savvy consumers just go to Target before the game.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

I heard on philly sports talk radio, Citizens Bank Ballpark has (or might) ban selling peanuts because of the complaints of parents with kids that have severe peanut allergies.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Miley Cyrus wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:31 pm It's here, fellas! Author should've added "and portion sizes" to the title.
Twins slashing prices on several traditional concession items at 2 Target Field stands

By PAUL WALSH , STAR TRIBUNE
March 06, 2019 - 12:05 PM

The Minnesota Twins are sharply cutting prices on some traditional concession items at two locations in Target Field, the team announced Wednesday.

The team said it is discounting prices on hot dogs, nachos, soft pretzels, peanuts, popcorn, soft drinks and specific beers in hopes of making the expense of coming to a game more affordable for families.

“The Twins are excited about partnering with Delaware North Sportservice to bring family-friendly concessions pricing to Target Field,” team president and CEO Dave St. Peter said in a statement announcing the reductions. “The affordability of the Target Field experience remains paramount to our efforts to attract kids and families to the ballpark.”

The lower-priced items will be at the stadium’s two “State Fair” stands: Section 133, in right-field lower level, and Section 327, in the left-field corner of the upper level.

Some of the discounted items do not have an exact apples to apples — or peanut to peanut — comparison for the same food and drink sold elsewhere in the stadium, and regular prices on some of these items have been nudged up a bit from 2018.

Here are the reduced price offerings, with this year’s prices elsewhere in the stadium for comparable items in parentheses:

• Schweigert regular-size hot dog: $4 ($5)

• Slightly smaller nachos: $4 ($7)

• 2 soft pretzel sticks, no cheese: $4 (Large soft pretzel, with cheese $7)

• Peanuts: $3 ($6)

• Popcorn: $3 ($6)

• 16-ounce Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew or Sierra Mist: $2 (24 ounces, $6.50)

• 12-ounce Budweiser or Bud Light: $5 (20 ounces, $9)

The concessions stands will also offer a more convenient self-checkout process, with fans being able to make their purchases using touch-screen kiosks.
5 dollar beers! :naners:

If I ever go to a Twins game, I would be sitting near these sections.

It's about damn time this starts to happen. Those should be the prices throughout the whole ball park.

The Vikings stadium is the ultimate rip off on concessions.

For most people this isn't a big deal but Teh Tube gets "Ripped" at sports events!

If I had a kid, I would even show up with a 12er for his tee ball!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
salamander

Post by salamander »

I'll go to the stadium when the Pohlads become spenders. (They have not yet)
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

A Kickass Offense wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:21 pm Even on the off chance they they aren't busts once they get here, their best years will be spent playing for a shit ballclub before they are traded away for peanuts.

And they'll be traded because they got too expensive to keep. Because it's the Pohlads.
(Prove me wrong Pohlads. You haven't yet.)
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Slim Shady

Post by Slim Shady »

Slim Shady wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:50 am new concession stand options?
HA!
Slim Shady

Post by Slim Shady »

Miley Cyrus wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:08 pm
weimy froob wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:34 pm pop and a bag of peanuts is reasonable now.
you go to a place w/ a 100 acre parking lot for a bag of peanuts?
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Slim Shady wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:32 pm
900 Nicollet Mall, breh. Can even get some chocolate rice cakes.
EnLiteEndOne

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

Slim Shady wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:32 pm
:lol:
Lampin'
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Twins offering lower-cost 'subscription' season tickets -- this time with access to a seat -- to boost sagging Target Field attendance.
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:54 pm Twins offering lower-cost 'subscription' season tickets -- this time with access to a seat -- to boost sagging Target Field attendance.
Standing room only for $3.72 a game. :bday: