Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Fresno State @ Gophers

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
feekdogg

Re: Fresno State @ Gophers

Post by feekdogg »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:15 am
feekdogg wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:18 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:59 pm potential 4-0 going into the pig game?
I thought Maryland would crumble with all the problems, but they are playing really well. Rodney needs to sit and they need to blow out Wally Szerbiak U next week. Fresno is a solid football team. Fleck coached not to lose and it almost burned them.
What is the word on Smith?

I agree on Fleck shut it down too soon trying to hold the lead. His qb and wr bailed him out, and then his best player did on that pick.

I like the usage of Green. But they need to clean him up. Half the time on the power he isn't even waiting for the back to lead thru. He is also leaning at times on the snap giving away the play. Everyone already knows it's very likely a qb run so if you are leaning and giving away the location of the run, it's even more problematic. That said, if he can be better on reads so the back is getting the ball at times and then clean up other mechanics I mentioned this can be a very valuable piece of the offense.

I really like this Bateman. We may finally have a good wr corps.
Sounds like Smith may be out for the year.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Ask Not wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:07 pm It's going to be a nice squad in a couple years. Let's hope the redshirt offensive linemen from IMG can do some work. Unless you can create some holes up front, nothing gets going.
The true freshman corner, like Bateman is a player.
Is this what Fleck did pretty much at WM? Get big classes with the young guys.. by the time they're seniors.. they're winning a crap ton of games. Have to like what you see here... I think I saw both of those IMG linemen played game 1, love the new redshirt rule!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

That really sucks about Smith if feek is correct. Acl?
full force five

Post by full force five »

Not official yet, Fleck will comment out Smith tomorrow.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

full force five wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:34 pm Not official yet, Fleck will comment out Smith tomorrow.
It's official. Press found out.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

feekdogg wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:28 pm
full force five wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:34 pm Not official yet, Fleck will comment out Smith tomorrow.
It's official. Press found out.
Yep, just heard it on Bump's show.

How about this - now potentially we will be back to having Brooks AND Smith on same team to end their career's. How about the irony of someone could emerge and have a good season and then enter next fall 3rd on depth chart!
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

For some who were questioning the legitimacy of Fresno State (myself included), they are playing UCLA right now. Obviously UCLA isnt considered a power house right now, but they are a power 5, and I think if the Gophers beat a team like UCLA, the legitimacy of beating a Chip Kelly team, in a power 5 conference wouldn't be in question.

Fresno with a very early lead right now. Will be checking the box score throughout the night to see how they do against this team.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Fresno responding nicely to UCLA catching up. Fresno was up 16-0, then UCLA got two unanswered TD's. Fresno responded with a TD and two point conversion. UCLA scored again. 24-14 now.

Who is this Fresno coach? potential PJ replacement when PJ inevitably leaves or fails? (I kid).
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Fresno State has blown the game open. 38-14 now. Again, UCLA isnt a powerhouse, but are a power 5 school, lead by well known Chip Kelly. If the Gophers beat this UCLA team in non-conference play, I feel many would consider it a legitimate win. Fresno is clearly better than them, and Fresno was definitely a quality win for where this Gopher program is right now.