Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Naz Reid

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
LwnmwrMan222

Re: Naz Reid

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

As he should have, especially down the stretch.
My body, my choice.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Nice!
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Naz Reid and Monk both got the same amount of 2nd and 3rd place votes.

Reid got 2 more 1st place votes.

That's how close it was.

2 votes.

“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

I think Reid opened the year with odds in the +3000-3500 range too.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Naz Reid!!!!!!!! From Chicken leg Naz Reid to 6MOTY. Yay!
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Fringe roster guy, to rotation guy, to 6th man on one of the best teams in the league, and pushing for a starter spot...and not an asshole.

What's not to love.
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:22 pm Fringe roster guy, to rotation guy, to 6th man on one of the best teams in the league, and pushing for a starter spot...and not an asshole.

What's not to love.
All this...the guy has worked his ass off, from his body to his game. Well deserved young man!
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Next stop MVP!
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Monk as a 6man always felt a bit forced by Sac. Clearly the 3rd best player on the team but never started one game even with Huerter playing only 59 games (Ellis got 20+ starts). I’m sure they wanted one of monk or fox on the floor at all times but you can do that while starting both.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Spoiler:
Naz reid
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

flexbuffchest wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:54 pm Naz Reid and Monk both got the same amount of 2nd and 3rd place votes.

That's how close it was.

2 votes.

I don’t know how many total ballots there are for these awards, but these results mean there were at least two ballots that didn’t have mono on them at all for first, second, or third. That seems strange to me.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

A couple years ago I had a pretty poor take on Naz Reid. I was of the belief that we were witnessing his ceiling. Man was I wrong. This is my confession.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:23 pm A couple years ago I had a pretty poor take on Naz Reid. I was of the belief that we were witnessing his ceiling. Man was I wrong. This is my confession.
He had enough classic big man game that I always figured he'd have some utility. I'm biased toward old-school bigs that way. I didn't figure he'd develop into a well-rounded player (partly by being less well-rounded, if you catch my drift), though. But I wanted him around.

But yours was more or less my take on NAW as a throw-in filler nobody in the Conley trade. Whoops!

- Isaac Asimov
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:23 pm A couple years ago I had a pretty poor take on Naz Reid. I was of the belief that we were witnessing his ceiling. Man was I wrong. This is my confession.
To be fair to you, he really transformed himself as a NBA player.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:23 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:54 pm Naz Reid and Monk both got the same amount of 2nd and 3rd place votes.

That's how close it was.

2 votes.

I don’t know how many total ballots there are for these awards, but these results mean there were at least two ballots that didn’t have mono on them at all for first, second, or third. That seems strange to me.
Also some that wouldn’t have had Reid 1-3, if my math is right.

There’s 891 points total in that list. If every ballot counted for 9 points, that’s 99 ballots.

Reid would’ve had 94 ballots with his name on it. Monk would’ve had 92.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

SHAFA wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:02 pm

That's how close it was.

2 votes.

There’s 891 points total in that list. If every ballot counted for 9 points, that’s 99 ballots.

It's insane to me that they wouldn't be top-3 on every ballot. Some numbskulls out there voting. You can make a reasonable argument that either guy should have won it. But I don't think you can make a reasonable argument that either guy was outside the top-3.

- Isaac Asimov
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:07 pm

It's insane to me that they wouldn't be top-3 on every ballot. Some numbskulls out there voting. You can make a reasonable argument that either guy should have won it. But I don't think you can make a reasonable argument that either guy was outside the top-3.
Probably those idiots at CBS. I swear they hire teenage bloggers for their sports coverage.
PanicWolf

Post by PanicWolf »

I always believed in Naz cuz Rosas did. He will be overshadowed as an intricate part to all of this. Finch, Ant, Naz, Jaden.
ItsGameOvrMan

Post by ItsGameOvrMan »

Naz is one of my favorite players ever. He's so easy to like. This Suns series he's not shooting great, but still an essential part of the Wolves.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

I just got a call this morning that I won a silent auction for a signed Naz Reid jersey.

Wooooooooo!
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

SHAFA wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:26 am I just got a call this morning that I won a silent auction for a signed Naz Reid jersey.

Wooooooooo!
Nice!
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

PanicWolf wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:42 pm I always believed in Naz cuz Rosas did. He will be overshadowed as an intricate part to all of this. Finch, Ant, Naz, Jaden.
Rosas also made good economical trades for guys like Beasley, Beverley, and Vanderbilt, who became the bulk of the eventual Gobert trade.
Beverley, as well as another Rosas strategic move guy in Rubio, were also great mentors for young Ant, which contributed to where he's at now.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:07 pm

I also assume some dumbass voted for the wrong B Bogdanovic lol (or is a knics writer). not that he's not a decent player, but Bojan on the Knicks a) was traded to the Knicks midseason, and averaged 10pts off the bench for them vs his 20 as a start on Atlanta (and 37% 3pt shooting vs 41.5 in atlanta) and doesn't deserve a vote over anyone up there.
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

The first thing I noticed in summer league with Naz was how effortless he could shoot the 3 and how more often it went in than anyone else on the floor. I thought at the time that there wasnt much D in him, nor a drive to the hoop type game. He developed both of those since that time!
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

:thumbsup:
SHAFA wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:26 am I just got a call this morning that I won a silent auction for a signed Naz Reid jersey.

Wooooooooo!

- Isaac Asimov
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

minnemike wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:17 pm The first thing I noticed in summer league with Naz was how effortless he could shoot the 3 and how more often it went in than anyone else on the floor. I thought at the time that there wasnt much D in him, nor a drive to the hoop type game. He developed both of those since that time!
He was really fat when he came in.

- Isaac Asimov
Jack Soo 5

Post by Jack Soo 5 »

Wooooooooo!
Sweet!! With the recent news, no matter how much you bid you definitely didn't over pay. Priceless!
Keep your stick on the ice
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Jack Soo 5 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:50 am

Wooooooooo!
Sweet!! With the recent news, no matter how much you bid you definitely didn't over pay. Priceless!
$160. I was the only bidder.
Jack Soo 5

Post by Jack Soo 5 »

SHAFA wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:55 am
Jack Soo 5 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:50 am

Wooooooooo!
$160. I was the only bidder.
Damn, deal of the century!
:thumbsup:
Keep your stick on the ice