Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official 2024 off season thread***

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Hornets

***Official 2024 off season thread***

Post by Hornets »

Sucks that the playoffs are underway and our Wild are not a part of it. The 2023-24 season is in the books and it was a bit of a disappointment to say the least. LOTS of time before the puck drops for the 24-25 season so it's time for our off season thread. I'll start by giving my thoughts and opinions on most of the players and hope others will join in! Here we go!!

FORWARDS:
Kirill- not much to say, the kid is a superstar and we still have not seen his ceiling imo.
Erickson-Ek- Keeps getting better and better. LOVE what he brings to the rink every game!
Boldy- A bit inconsistent still but I feel he's on the verge of a 40 goal season.....he is really good!
Hartman- Hartsy's decent but such an odd fellow. Still a bargain for BG and if he gets another 20 we'll be in good shape. Just needs to stop with the dumb penalties.
Zucarrello- Worried about him. Goal scoring dropped way off and he's no youngster.
Rossi- Pretty solid year and I have hope he could take it to another level next year.
Johansson- Yuck. Terrible year and if there's a way for BG to send him packing I'm on board.
Gaudreau- Lousy year but I'll give him a little break. Freddie got drilled by Reaves in that early season game and was never the same player he had been before. If nothing else we like him for his shootouts!
Foligno- Love Marcus but he's getting old, might becoming injury prone, and doesn't score the way a guy making his money needs to.
Shaw- Great story but there's really nothing special about him. If he stays, fine. If he goes, fine.
Khusnutdinov- Got a cup of coffee this year and that should benefit him greatly. Not sure what his potential really is but I am intrigued.
Ohgren- Also got a cup of coffee with the big boys and held his own quite nicely. Hope that both he and Marat start next season with the Wild.

DEFENSE-
Faber-Can't say enough about Brock. Fantastic year and looks like he will be a mainstay for many years to come! The offense he provided was awesome and I think he could even improve that!
Middleton- Said it before and will say it again....LOVE Jake! Not a star but really steady, brings some physicality and toughness, and what's not to like about his topless interviews with Gorgie?!!
Brodin & Spurg- Both missed substantial time and let's hope they can give the Wild a healthy season ahead. The contracts they have mean they're here for awhile so hope we see their best!
Bogosian- Meh. Not great, not terrible.
Merrill- Yuck. Ditch him if you can.
Goligoski- Buh bye....thanks for the memories!
Chisholm- Played really well imo....I like him!

Goalies-
Will the Wild go with the 3 headed monster of Gus, MAF, and Jesper? Hard to know for sure but my guess is BG will entertain trade offers for Gus and will make a move if he could get some value in return. I'm concerned that MAF will drop off due to his age and hard to say what Jesper can provide at such a young age.

In conclusion, this is a team with many flaws. Wild are desperate for some of the new young guys to make major impacts and FINALLY we're down to the last year of the abysmal contracts of Zach & Ryan. Number one goal for next year is to be competitive and convince Kirill that life is good in Minnesota!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Re: ***Official 2024 off season thread***

Post by Sellingguy »

RIP AL SHAVER
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sellingguy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:55 pm RIP AL SHAVER
A young Gus Munger spent many a night tucked into bed listening to Al on the transistor radio....RIP :cry:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Hornets wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:20 pm
Sellingguy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:55 pm RIP AL SHAVER
A young Gus Munger spent many a night tucked into bed listening to Al on the transistor radio....RIP :cry:

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Meh, I'm expecting next year to be a repeat of this year.

I doubt there's going to be much reason to get too excited.
My body, my choice.
Tundra Scout

Post by Tundra Scout »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:11 am Meh, I'm expecting next year to be a repeat of this year.

I doubt there's going to be much reason to get too excited.
Hate to say it but I agree with you
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

I don't think anyone is expecting otherwise.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Watching a great game 5 right now between Dallas & Vegas. It sucks not having our Wild battlin for Lord Stanley. Guerin is dangerously close to losing Kirill if he doesn't work some magic SOON.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Stars win to take a 3-2 lead.....it was an ELECTRIC atmosphere.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Mike Randolph OUT as St. Thomas Academy head coach. Me thinks he thinks pretty highly of himself....guy has had great success but I nevah liked him.

https://www.startribune.com/mike-randol ... 600363336/