Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Why isn't this being talked about?

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: Why isn't this being talked about?

Post by RubeTube »

Señor Trumpo wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:43 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:39 pm I’m so sick of hearing about Jefferson and his deal not getting done. Dude is turning into a head case. What’s going to happen if the new QB isn’t good? Is JJ going to cry and force a trade?

It rarely works paying a player that much dough that isn’t a rockstar QB. If there really is a problem, trade him and pick #23 for #3.
:lol: He'd be so much happier in NE with a shitty offense.
Then trade him so he can play with his butt buddy Murray and we will see how that works for him.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:39 pm I’m so sick of hearing about Jefferson and his deal not getting done. Dude is turning into a head case. What’s going to happen if the new QB isn’t good? Is JJ going to cry and force a trade?

It rarely works paying a player that much dough that isn’t a rockstar QB. If there really is a problem, trade him and pick #23 for #3.
JJ is an exception to the rule. He’s a monster that will elevate a marginal QB. Remember when Moss made Bubby Brister and Todd Bowman look serviceable? I think they need to stop playing around and pay da man his moneys. Give him 35 per and close the deal.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Small Hands wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:16 pm

JJ is an exception to the rule. He’s a monster that will elevate a marginal QB. Remember when Moss made Bubby Brister and Todd Bowman look serviceable? I think they need to stop playing around and pay da man his moneys. Give him 35 per and close the deal.
Money isn’t the problem it doesn’t sound like. He thinks he needs to be a GM.

He’s also not in the same league as Moss imo.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:18 pm
Small Hands wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:16 pm

Money isn’t the problem it doesn’t sound like. He thinks he needs to be a GM.

He’s also not in the same league as Moss imo.
He’s not Moss, but he makes things much easier on a QB. I know it’s not about money, but if you put an offer well above what Hill is getting, I think he bites.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Then trade up to 4 and take Harrison or see if Odunze falls to 11. Im ready to roll with Darnold and take two studs in the 1st round. Wait until next year or the year after to get a QB when the demand for one isn't so high.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:56 pm Then trade up to 4 and take Harrison or see if Odunze falls to 11. Im ready to roll with Darnold and take two studs in the 1st round. Wait until next year or the year after to get a QB when the demand for one isn't so high.
I wouldn’t mind this if the big 3 are not attainable.

At the very least draft best player available at #11 and if someone like Penix is there at #23, take him.

They are reek of desperation though so you know they are about to reach on someone.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
PurpleValhalla

Post by PurpleValhalla »

I think the real issue is that other teams wouldn't want to trade for Murray, so even if the Cards wanted to they couldnt