Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Falcons Tampering? Will Vikes Get Compensation?

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Beetlejuice

Re: Falcons Tampering? Will Vikes Get Compensation?

Post by Beetlejuice »

witljon wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:28 pm
Beetlejuice wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:52 pm I read an article that says the league would force the Falcons to forfeit draft picks. Source said it’s unlikely the Vikings will be compensated.
Why not? The Vikings lost the biggest/best free agent out there, their starting QB
Just going by I what I read. Schefter said the Falcons are gonna get hit with severe consequences. I take that meaning they will lose draft picks and Mr Blank will be writing out a check to the league that will be at a minimum of seven figures.
Thank you… fuck you… bye!
witljon

Post by witljon »

Beetlejuice wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:10 am
witljon wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:28 pm
Beetlejuice wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:52 pm I read an article that says the league would force the Falcons to forfeit draft picks. Source said it’s unlikely the Vikings will be compensated.
Why not? The Vikings lost the biggest/best free agent out there, their starting QB
Just going by I what I read. Schefter said the Falcons are gonna get hit with severe consequences. I take that meaning they will lose draft picks and Mr Blank will be writing out a check to the league that will be at a minimum of seven figures.
I know. I’m just voicing my thoughts.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:00 pm
PurpleValhalla wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:46 pm If we have 3 1sts we should consider trading down and getting some 2nd day picks so we don't have zero in round 2 and 3
This draft isn’t great,

I rather use the picks on top end talent.

You are going to have to use at least two of these picks if not all 3 to move into the top 3 if you want Maye anyway. IF I have one one these picks left after getting my QB, i’m drafting the best D player I can get.

We are not getting a 1st round pick from ATL however.
You’re killing the mood in this thread.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

This is either:

A) there’s a ton of information and evidence to go through and this is big so they don’t want to rush it

Or

B) how the NFL buries this for Roger’s buddy Mr. Blank. Nobody will remember this by next year.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Can we stop talking about this nonsense now. :lol:

Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

hategreenticemase wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:44 am Can we stop talking about this nonsense now. :lol:

Even the tampering story is smoke!
Gordonbombay

Post by Gordonbombay »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:44 am

This is either:

A) there’s a ton of information and evidence to go through and this is big so they don’t want to rush it

Or

B) how the NFL buries this for Roger’s buddy Mr. Blank. Nobody will remember this by next year.
Dang my source with the team lied to me LOL. Figures they just heard through the rumor mill at work and it was all speculation. With that being said it will be option B. Sweep it under the rug and let it die.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Gordonbombay wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:56 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:44 am

This is either:

Or

Dang my source with the team lied to me LOL. Figures they just heard through the rumor mill at work and it was all speculation. With that being said it will be option B. Sweep it under the rug and let it die.
and as I said, I don’t really even care. I wanted Kirk gone anyway. If we could have gotten a pick out of it, even better (still could for 2025, I guess).

I don’t think Atlanta did anything most teams don’t do. They just didn’t count on ol’ “aw shucks” Cousins spilling the beans like a dolt.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

Schefter is paid to lie for NFL teams.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

This was pretty obvious that it wasn’t going to happen right now.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master