Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***NFL Draft Talk***

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Small Hands

Re: ***NFL Draft Talk***

Post by Small Hands »

Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:51 pm
Small Hands wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:44 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:38 pm

Under sodium pentothal, I bet they all want to come to Minnesota.
:lol: Schefter point blank asked him how he would feel playing for the MN Vikings, and he said it would be a dream come true. I think if he asked about any team, he’d say the same thing. He’s good with a camera in his face.
Who wouldn’t want to play with the best WR in the game, a rockstar LT, and a solid offensive mind like O’Connell? All of them very young for their position?

A QB could easily spend a decade with the same #1, same LT, and same coach if they find success and everyone stays healthy. Add in state of the art facilities and who wouldn’t want to play here?
He made mention of KOC and being able to play his favorite childhood team (Bears) and staying in the Midwest.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Small Hands wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:58 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:51 pm
Small Hands wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:44 pm

:lol: Schefter point blank asked him how he would feel playing for the MN Vikings, and he said it would be a dream come true. I think if he asked about any team, he’d say the same thing. He’s good with a camera in his face.
Who wouldn’t want to play with the best WR in the game, a rockstar LT, and a solid offensive mind like O’Connell? All of them very young for their position?

A QB could easily spend a decade with the same #1, same LT, and same coach if they find success and everyone stays healthy. Add in state of the art facilities and who wouldn’t want to play here?
He made mention of KOC and being able to play his favorite childhood team (Bears) and staying in the Midwest.
kwesi make it so.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

I’m still on team Maye, but I will be happy with JJ too.

They gotta go get somebody.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
cdr2529

Post by cdr2529 »

Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:13 pm I’m still on team Maye, but I will be happy with JJ too.

Nope, I will stay clear of JJ
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

cdr2529 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:37 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:13 pm I’m still on team Maye, but I will be happy with JJ too.

I’m okay with JJ, but no way am I mortgaging the future for him. Too much of an unknown. If they can get him at 11, and they really like him, I’m okay with it. If they give up 3 1st round picks for him, I’ll be majorly disappointed.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

salamander wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:12 pm
mlhouse wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:43 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:43 am

Souhan is a dolt. Likely, he thinks the Vikings will take McCarthy and is setting the table to say “told ya so” if/when it doesn’t work out.

That said, he’s not wrong about perceptions changing since January. And he’s not wrong about how the title game likely goes if you switch quarterbacks.
For the 1000th time no perceptions changed except for a bunch of internet amateurs on McCarthy.

And anyone who thinks the rankings changed, again of people who matter, on tge results of the national championship game have no clue. The issue with Penix is how he throws the ball. McCarthy mechanics are much superior. Quarterbacks who throw the ball like Penix are seldom successful in the NFL.
Penix' throwing motion reminds me of Dan Marino. No, that doesn't mean I'm saying he's going to be Dan Marino.
Marino is widely considered to have one of the best throwing motions of all time.
Marino stayed over the top of the ball on his throws. Penix does not.
PurpleValhalla

Post by PurpleValhalla »

It would be nice if all the people in the media who said this or that would happen in the draft, when it doesnt happen they get put on blast and next year dont get to do it all over again
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

minnemike wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:26 pm
Beetlejuice wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:17 pm
minnemike wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:42 pm Ha! Does this mean the HOs are no longer randy to move up for a top QB? Or are they trying to copy the KOC QB model? Hmmmm

Broncos don’t have the draft capital. They don’t have a second round pick, so they gotta trade down or reach for a QB at 12.

Possible they said fuck it and will give Wilson a shot and draft a QB next year.
Well, they could always package two future firsts with 12.... but that still isnt as good as MN with two firsts this year plus garnish.
Last I heard was that they would be willing to trade Surtain to move up. I laughed and said let them have it since they could get 2 firsts for Surtain.

They aren’t going to do that after they did that it Russell Wilson. If they do, that would be 5 first round picks plus whatever else they included in those deals for two QBs. The only team that’s done this is the Rams, but they did so for proven players that filled their weakest needs.

It would destroy their team and force them to over pay for players in FA.
Thank you… fuck you… bye!
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Kiper, RG3 and Greeny said today what i’ve been going with…

All of them think he’s going to be over drafted but say if you like him, take him. The problem all of them had was trading multiple first rounders to get him. All in agreement he isn’t worth that.

Go all in for Maye or sit put.

They predicted its going to get WILD on draft night, They said that phone is going to be ringing off the hook after #2 is called.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
witljon

Post by witljon »

Small Hands wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:01 pm

I’m okay with JJ, but no way am I mortgaging the future for him. Too much of an unknown. If they can get him at 11, and they really like him, I’m okay with it. If they give up 3 1st round picks for him, I’ll be majorly disappointed.
I doubt we’d have to trade up for McCarthy.
He should be there at 11, but I prefer Penix.
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

The Penix steam has wore off. Sounds like Nix has jumped ahead of Penix. Sounds like people expect Nix to go somewhere between 15-25 and Penix going end of first round/early second round.

Top 4 are still expected to go in the top 5.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Beetlejuice wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:57 am The Penix steam has wore off. Sounds like Nix has jumped ahead of Penix. Sounds like people expect Nix to go somewhere between 15-25 and Penix going end of first round/early second round.

Top 4 are still expected to go in the top 5.
I’d even take Nix over JJ, but I’m in the minority
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

witljon wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:48 am
Small Hands wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:01 pm

I doubt we’d have to trade up for McCarthy.
He should be there at 11, but I prefer Penix.
It all depends on who their preferred guy is at 11. I’d rather have Nix or Penix too, but if KOC loves JJ, I’m going to trust the experts.
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

Found the biggest “Oh, Fuck No” final mock draft, you’ll see. The fanbase would rebel against Kwesi if this happened.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/new ... n-round-1/
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

Beetlejuice wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:30 am Found the biggest “Oh, Fuck No” final mock draft, you’ll see. The fanbase would rebel against Kwesi if this happened.

Yeah, no doubt. Should not have to trade #11 and #23 for #8.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

All this stuff is clickbait. Now I’m seeing the Giants are looking to move up for Harrison Jr.
populousample

Post by populousample »

What is the tell that Washington hasn’t locked in their pick yet? It’s basically like having the next first overall pick given Williams is a lock to CHI at #1.
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Small Hands wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 am All this stuff is clickbait. Now I’m seeing the Giants are looking to move up for Harrison Jr.
yes and no. this is the concern with the giants if they're QB hunting. it's not going to be so easy for the vikings to move up in that scenario.

"They're a more appealing trade partner to Arizona than others sitting at No. 6."
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

populousample wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:53 am What is the tell that Washington hasn’t locked in their pick yet? It’s basically like having the next first overall pick given Williams is a lock to CHI at #1.
The reports are that Washington is divided on which QB to take. Daniels appears to be the favorite, but there are reports that others in the front office are pimping out Maye.
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

Small Hands wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 am All this stuff is clickbait. Now I’m seeing the Giants are looking to move up for Harrison Jr.
I’ve been saying that the Giants prefer either MHJ or Nabers instead of trading up for a QB. I still think they want one of those two in the first round and then trade up for either Nix or Penix.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Beetlejuice wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:07 am
populousample wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:53 am What is the tell that Washington hasn’t locked in their pick yet? It’s basically like having the next first overall pick given Williams is a lock to CHI at #1.
The reports are that Washington is divided on which QB to take. Daniels appears to be the favorite, but there are reports that others in the front office are pimping out Maye.
I think they know, but it doesn’t hurt to let people speculate. Always keep options open. Maybe the Giants or NE offers a deal to ensure they get their guy.
populousample

Post by populousample »

Yeah, make some sense. Seems odd that this pick is becoming an 11th hour decision though for them.
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

Small Hands wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:12 am
I think they know, but it doesn’t hurt to let people speculate. Always keep options open. Maybe the Giants or NE offers a deal to ensure they get their guy.
I think it’s plausible there some division on who to take especially after what Daniel’s’ agent pulled last week. I wouldn’t buy is JJ going two. That follows what you say.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:02 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:14 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:18 pm I love Darrisaw but I’m willing to trade about anything for Herbert.

It’s no secret how much I love Herbert. He’s my QB #2 after Mahomes.

We are in agreement if it were a legit chance to trade for Herbert it would be a no brainer to do so. I wouldn't want to trade Darrisaw or JJ but I would include one so long as JJ is counting as a clear 2 firsts in the exchange and Darrisaw is counting as a first plus a pick.

Again, I don't think Harbaugh trades him, but if he did, I would think it would be something like 11, 23, 2025 1st, 2026 first and maybe a future 3rd. I'd do that.

Or something like 11, next year first and Jefferson and another future 3rd. I'd do that also but only if I can keep 23 as I now need a receiver badly.
i have no idea if he's thinking about it or not--but i can see the logic from his angle for wanting to do it. i said it in one of these threads a month or so ago when this rumor first came up--but strategically you can make the argument for it. when are they going to be a legit competitor in that division? now or 2-3 years down the road? if you think JJ can do the job then you dump the QB with the massive contract and build your squad for the battle down the road. to have all that money tied up in one player when you have the best player in the league in your division probably doesn't sit too well with him.
on a side note: and one that beef speculated on after the SB. looks like andy reid is going to stick around for another five year window with mahomes.

Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid has a new deal...NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports that Reid's extension runs through 2029 and makes him the NFL's highest-paid head coach.
Style

Post by Style »

Beetlejuice wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:30 am Found the biggest “Oh, Fuck No” final mock draft, you’ll see. The fanbase would rebel against Kwesi if this happened.

Oof, yup, you're right.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

weimy froob wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:03 am
weimy froob wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:02 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:14 pm

We are in agreement if it were a legit chance to trade for Herbert it would be a no brainer to do so. I wouldn't want to trade Darrisaw or JJ but I would include one so long as JJ is counting as a clear 2 firsts in the exchange and Darrisaw is counting as a first plus a pick.

Again, I don't think Harbaugh trades him, but if he did, I would think it would be something like 11, 23, 2025 1st, 2026 first and maybe a future 3rd. I'd do that.

Or something like 11, next year first and Jefferson and another future 3rd. I'd do that also but only if I can keep 23 as I now need a receiver badly.
i have no idea if he's thinking about it or not--but i can see the logic from his angle for wanting to do it. i said it in one of these threads a month or so ago when this rumor first came up--but strategically you can make the argument for it. when are they going to be a legit competitor in that division? now or 2-3 years down the road? if you think JJ can do the job then you dump the QB with the massive contract and build your squad for the battle down the road. to have all that money tied up in one player when you have the best player in the league in your division probably doesn't sit too well with him.
on a side note: and one that beef speculated on after the SB. looks like andy reid is going to stick around for another five year window with mahomes.

Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid has a new deal...NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports that Reid's extension runs through 2029 and makes him the NFL's highest-paid head coach.
I mean, what else would he do?
Spend time with his kids?

Spoiler:
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
salamander

Post by salamander »

The pick swap probably won't happen this year if there even is one.
I doubt we find out if there's tampering prior to this draft.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

mlhouse wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:20 pm
salamander wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:12 pm
mlhouse wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:43 pm

For the 1000th time no perceptions changed except for a bunch of internet amateurs on McCarthy.

And anyone who thinks the rankings changed, again of people who matter, on tge results of the national championship game have no clue. The issue with Penix is how he throws the ball. McCarthy mechanics are much superior. Quarterbacks who throw the ball like Penix are seldom successful in the NFL.
Penix' throwing motion reminds me of Dan Marino. No, that doesn't mean I'm saying he's going to be Dan Marino.
Marino is widely considered to have one of the best throwing motions of all time.
Marino stayed over the top of the ball on his throws. Penix does not.
I'll have to look closer at that.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

:lol: They have Brock Bowers going to the Jets where Aaron Rodgers can ignore him for years because he's a TE :lol: