Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Suns @ Timberwolves Game 2 PGDT 23 Apr Official***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
somuchyummy

***Official Suns @ Timberwolves Game 2 PGDT 23 Apr Official***

Post by somuchyummy »

The Phoenix Suns walk into Target Center tonight to face the Minnesota Timberwolves in Game 2 of their First Round Western Conference Playoff series. Minnesota leads 1-0. Tip off is an earlier 6:30 PM.

Minnesota's punishing physical play led to some very interesting stats in the Game 1 win: a devastating rebounding edge that included Minnesota getting offensive boards on 13 of their 44 missed shots - compared to just 3 of 41 for the Suns. Minnesota also converted 23 points off 15 Suns TOVs - and held the Suns to a ridiculous 42.9% on shots at the rim. That's the 0 percentile for that sort of thing, folks. One wonders how NBA players can rate Rudy Gobert as the most over-rated player in the league in the face of that kind of dominance. Regardless, these are the kinds of patterns the Timberwolves will need to continue in order to be successful against Phoenix.

The Timberwolves are favored by 3 points.

Injury Report:

Phoenix - Grayson Allen is Questionable. Damion Lee is Out.

Minnesota - Kyle Anderson is Questionable.

Cheers Froobs and Go Timberwolves!!!
Last edited by somuchyummy on Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
flexbuffchest

Re: ***Official Suns @ Timberwolves Game 2 PGDT 23 Apr Official***

Post by flexbuffchest »

New Minnesota state flag just dropped

“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Talking heads & players crying about the refs 'no calls' from last night has me a bit concerned. Do they allow the Wolves to play physical or are they going to have a quick whistle tonight?
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:54 am Talking heads & players crying about the refs 'no calls' from last night has me a bit concerned. Do they allow the Wolves to play physical or are they going to have a quick whistle tonight?
Yep, the refs are getting blasted so far in these playoffs. Doesn't bode well for us if they revert back to "no defense allowed" calls. Should be interesting.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

A$$MAN wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:05 am
Jimi_Thing wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:54 am Talking heads & players crying about the refs 'no calls' from last night has me a bit concerned. Do they allow the Wolves to play physical or are they going to have a quick whistle tonight?
Yep, the refs are getting blasted so far in these playoffs. Doesn't bode well for us if they revert back to "no defense allowed" calls. Should be interesting.
And they should be applauded. Of course their big sins last night were not giving Embiid's & Lebron's team the whistle that they've relied on all season long.

During the regular season, Embiid was able to manipulate the refs to so much that he could get an easy whistle to prevent himself from getting gassed. Basically using them for free timeouts.

I saw a first half called foul last night in the Lakers game that was overturned after replay. The fucking refs and players like Lebron should be embarrassed for crying foul when the replay comes back showing that slap on the forearm never happened. The refs aren't supposed to take a player's word for it. If they don't see it, they shouldn't call it. Not that complicated.
Jack Soo 5

Post by Jack Soo 5 »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:40 am New Minnesota state flag just dropped

I would proudly fly a 30x60 foot version of that in my front yard!
Keep your stick on the ice
salamander

Post by salamander »

This is where it all falls apart. Suns by 15.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

salamander wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:22 pm This is where it all falls apart. Suns by 15.
Just curious, not sure, have you ever predicted a Wolves win?
salamander

Post by salamander »

aztimberwolves wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:44 pm
salamander wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:22 pm This is where it all falls apart. Suns by 15.
I dont really predict much when it comes to sports. I'm also mostly joking. I get that doesn't come through text well.

I did seriously think the Suns were going to stomp us in this series but it's reeeeeal hard not to be a believer after that first game.

I also have zero faith or trust in MN sports in general so you might see that from time to time. No faith what so ever in MN sports. None.

Wolves have me believing though. That defense does it for me.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

I'll be at Falling Knife for their watch party for this game.

It will be a lit party if they win!
If not, at least some fancy ales and Wrecktangle Pizza on the menu.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

salamander wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:02 pm
I dont really predict much when it comes to sports. I'm also mostly joking. I get that doesn't come through text well.

I did seriously think the Suns were going to stomp us in this series but it's reeeeeal hard not to be a believer after that first game.

I also have zero faith or trust in MN sports in general so you might see that from time to time. No faith what so ever in MN sports. None.

I honestly didn’t know if that was a bit or not.

Fair enough, cautious optimism!! We will take that over all the Negstove Nancy”s that were trolling last week.
BBG

Post by BBG »

minnemike wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:17 pm I'll be at Falling Knife for their watch party for this game.

Get there early, we did that for game 1 but there were so many people there we jumped over to Blackstack for the 2nd half.

See you in the winner's circle, brother :beer:
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I'll be at this one! Go Wolves!!!!
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

BBG wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:37 pm
minnemike wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:17 pm I'll be at Falling Knife for their watch party for this game.

Get there early, we did that for game 1 but there were so many people there we jumped over to Blackstack for the 2nd half.

See you in the winner's circle, brother :beer:
I think they'll have a double big screen trailer and people outside this time. I'm bringing a lawn chair.

Blackstack is another great brewery. Great idea as backup! Thanks.
Jack Soo 5

Post by Jack Soo 5 »

YBBR wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:49 pm I'll be at this one! Go Wolves!!!!
Sweet! The crowd was awesome last game (must have been insane in person). Make sure to keep the crowd in top form and a factor tonight, YBBR. Enjoy!
Keep your stick on the ice
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

As will I.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

SHAFA wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:26 pm
As will I.
Make a Froob Chat poster
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Small Hands wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:36 pm
As will I.
Make a Froob Chat poster
:lol: :thumbsup:
salamander

Post by salamander »

aztimberwolves wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:21 pm
salamander wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:02 pm

I honestly didn’t know if that was a bit or not.

Fair enough, cautious optimism!! We will take that over all the Negstove Nancy”s that were trolling last week.
:beer:
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Small Hands wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:36 pm
As will I.
Make a Froob Chat poster
Sure, just look out for the Solar Gard finger-gun girl in the crowd.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Haven't wanted a game so bad in 20 years.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Getting a quick workout in and then grabbing a pizza for the game. Wolves in 5 baby!
PurpleValhalla

Post by PurpleValhalla »

The Suns are going to bring maximum effort today. That's a certainty. Booker will be making every shot from everywhere. Beal will be hot. If the Wolves don't play with extreme urgency, they will lose.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

some different basketball math. it checks out right now--but the situation is fluid.
Spoiler:
Dane Moore
@DaneMooreNBA
After Phoenix was slightly favored to win the series entering the series (moneyline was -130, so like 57%), the Wolves are now 62% favorites to win the series (-160 series price entering Game 2).

So if the Wolves have a 60% chance of beating phoenix, and we say they have a 35% chance against Denver in round 2, and a 50% chance against OKC in the conference finals, that means the Wolves have like a 10% chance of going to The Finals, right? (.6 x .35 x .5 = .105)

That’s what I was trying to get at on the show when I said the Game 1 win put the Wolves “back in the mix” to come out of the West.

It’s Denver’s until proven otherwise, but the Wolves are in the mix — because I think you can make the argument that 60%, 35% and 50% could all be higher. (Idk, maybe you could argue 35% is too high against Denver, but they do matchup well.)
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

I think I'd just rather focus on Game 2 tonight.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:23 pm I think I'd just rather focus on Game 2 tonight.
Yeah. The first game was nice, but it doesn’t completely negate the 3 asskickings we took prior.
BBG

Post by BBG »

SHAFA wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:35 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:23 pm I think I'd just rather focus on Game 2 tonight.
Yeah. The first game was nice, but it doesn’t completely negate the 3 asskickings we took prior.
yup

in my mind it's 1-3

we have work to do. No time to get cute
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

1st quarter is gonna show us the rest of the game. Let's win 1st quarter.
ItsGameOvrMan

Post by ItsGameOvrMan »

hopefully the refs don't start back with the ticky tack fouls after the negativity from yesterdays games.