Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Suns vs. Wolves Play Off Thread***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
aztimberwolves

Re: ***Official Suns vs. Wolves Play Off Thread***

Post by aztimberwolves »

I told ya all they are who they are.!We will see more of this style of Phoenix team in this series. They are not some juggernaut some on here think they are.
Last edited by aztimberwolves on Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:50 pm Turtle Lake money is on the Suns, hard.

So did you bet your 200 on a Suns sweep??
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

aztimberwolves wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:33 pm
LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:50 pm Turtle Lake money is on the Suns, hard.

So did you bet your 200 on a Suns sweep??
Brah, again, just put me on ignore.

I already said, I have two tickets. One for the Wolves to win the Western Conference and one for the Wolves to win the championship.

It's a poor look for you.
My body, my choice.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

It’s a weird day when I find myself in agreement with mower man.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

SHAFA wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:50 pm It’s a weird day when I find myself in agreement with mower man.
:beer:

A big win should bring everyone together.
We all want the same result, a deep run into the playoffs.

We just all have different opinions and thoughts and sometimes needling of other posters hoping the team gets there.
My body, my choice.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:55 pm
SHAFA wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:50 pm It’s a weird day when I find myself in agreement with mower man.

We just all have different opinions and thoughts and sometimes needling of other posters hoping the team gets there.
You were the one that said you might put 200 dollars down on the odds of a Suns sweep/5 game win.

I simply asked if you pulled the trigger on it.
Slim Shady

Post by Slim Shady »

aztimberwolves wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:41 pm

You were the one that said you might put 200 dollars down on the odds of a Suns sweep/5 game win.

I simply asked if you pulled the trigger on it.
I hope you’ve learned your lesson
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Sounds like Kyle thinks he should be ready to go on Tuesday. He's been a big part of our success this year. The other good flip side to this is that we beat the Suns by 25 in the first game and Kyle only had 5 minutes in that one before his injury knocked him out of it.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
BuDG123

Post by BuDG123 »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:55 am Sounds like Kyle thinks he should be ready to go on Tuesday. He's been a big part of our success this year. The other good flip side to this is that we beat the Suns by 25 in the first game and Kyle only had 5 minutes in that one before his injury knocked him out of it.
Good news, the bench was sneaky great last game. The hustle and D pressure will make or break this series for the wolves. If they can only bring it again Tuesday. I have a feeling PHX is going to lean heavy on Durant and try to get Booker going. We have 4-5 guys that can force a lot of steals. If Finch keeps it up and calls timely TO’s like he did in game 1, we should win. Also, We can’t let PHX start streaking-Call timeouts to adjust and stop their momentum like Finch did early last game when PHX started to show signs of a run (but didn’t do in game 82).

I was surprised at the focus and tenacity from go. I loved it, hope they can keep it up.
BuDG123

Post by BuDG123 »

Hope you get to enjoy those games with your son.
focker

Post by focker »

BuDG123 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:55 am
somuchyummy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:55 am Sounds like Kyle thinks he should be ready to go on Tuesday. He's been a big part of our success this year. The other good flip side to this is that we beat the Suns by 25 in the first game and Kyle only had 5 minutes in that one before his injury knocked him out of it.
Good news, the bench was sneaky great last game. The hustle and D pressure will make or break this series for the wolves. If they can only bring it again Tuesday. I have a feeling PHX is going to lean heavy on Durant and try to get Booker going. We have 4-5 guys that can force a lot of steals. If Finch keeps it up and calls timely TO’s like he did in game 1, we should win. Also, We can’t let PHX start streaking-Call timeouts to adjust and stop their momentum like Finch did early last game when PHX started to show signs of a run (but didn’t do in game 82).

I was surprised at the focus and tenacity from go. I loved it, hope they can keep it up.
Agreed that Finch did a great job in game 1. Both in terms of the lineups we put out there and the adjustments as the game moved forward.

Wolves did a great job of not going ballistic when the refs had a couple terrible calls (more like a dozen actually) early in the game.
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

focker wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:04 am

Agreed that Finch did a great job in game 1. Both in terms of the lineups we put out there and the adjustments as the game moved forward.

Wolves did a great job of not going ballistic when the refs had a couple terrible calls (more like a dozen actually) early in the game.
Your last point cannot be overstated. That is something that derailed them late in the season.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

honestly the first points of the game being a Jaden Off. rebound and put back made it feel different from the jump.
focker

Post by focker »

Small Hands wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:34 am
focker wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:04 am

Your last point cannot be overstated. That is something that derailed them late in the season.
100%. They take themselves out of games worrying about the refs and bitching about calls, even ones that are correct but not in their favor. It's a real issue with this team.

Are you KNOW on Tuesday calls will not be going in our favor in the first half of the game, especially if we are up 8+ points.
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!
twolves31

Post by twolves31 »

Getting back to Ant's turnovers, MVP finalist Shai had 3 turnovers last night in the clutch when the game mattered most and took some terrible contested shots (he did hit the biggest shot) One of the top 3 goats Lebron had 7 turnovers, 4 of which were killers in the 2nd half. The players controlling the ball like Ant are going to have some turnovers. My hope for Ant is that he can keep it to 3 or less, and try not get the kind of turnovers where it gets stolen and the defense gets a quick fast break bucket.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

twolves31 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:06 pm Getting back to Ant's turnovers, MVP finalist Shai had 3 turnovers last night in the clutch when the game mattered most and took some terrible contested shots (he did hit the biggest shot) One of the top 3 goats Lebron had 7 turnovers, 4 of which were killers in the 2nd half. The players controlling the ball like Ant are going to have some turnovers. My hope for Ant is that he can keep it to 3 or less, and try not get the kind of turnovers where it gets stolen and the defense gets a quick fast break bucket.
This is key. Not all turnovers are created equal. A dead-ball turnover is not as bad as a live ball one. Travels, passes out of bounds, even offense fouls are not as bad as being ripped or a bad pass in play.

And a bad shot is almost as bad as a turnover.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
salamander

Post by salamander »

Wowza! Chris motha fucking Finch...
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

boxter432 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:39 am
honestly the first points of the game being a Jaden Off. rebound and put back made it feel different from the jump.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:03 pm
boxter432 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:39 am
I like how Jaden is often sneaky chippy when he's out there on the court.
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

I was not aware the basketball playoff sch is a weekly thing.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:31 pm I like how Jaden is often sneaky chippy when he's out there on the court.
Jaden kind of wants the smoke. It probably gets him going. Naz a little bit too. He's a little more level-headed than Jaden, but they don't like to back down.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

The gap help on Ant probably worked the best of the man to man coverages the Suns played on him. He was beating it more often as the game went on. When they straight up doubled him it wasn't good for them. He was getting rid of it quickly and Wolves just moved it to get good shots. When it was single coverage he kind of got going from the midrange in the 3rd and then from 3 once he got a rhythm.

Interested to see how they try and slow him down.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
PurpleValhalla

Post by PurpleValhalla »

The Suns are who we thought they were
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Anthony Edwards plays basketball today
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
salamander

Post by salamander »

I love this guys schtick. The whole thing is a bit but it makes me laugh every time.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

salamander wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:01 am I love this guys schtick. The whole thing is a bit but it makes me laugh every time.

Super obnoxious
TheLokNesMonster

Post by TheLokNesMonster »

Beating the Suns handily wasn’t that much of a feat. After getting swept you know they would come out and roll. Home. Playoffs. Game 1.

If they back it up with a win tonight I will believe. The Suns are going to play with the same energy and desperation the Wolves played with last game.
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

TheLokNesMonster wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:21 pm Beating the Suns handily wasn’t that much of a feat. After getting swept you know they would come out and roll. Home. Playoffs. Game 1.

If they back it up with a win tonight I will believe. The Suns are going to play with the same energy and desperation the Wolves played with last game.
Yeah... lose tonite and they are just where everyone thought they'd be going in... essentially trailing the Suns in the series.

Win this game, and the whole thing flips to code red for PHX. Once a fluke... twice a trend... three times a reality (well really 4 times. lol)
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

salamander wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:01 am I love this guys schtick. The whole thing is a bit but it makes me laugh every time.

Very solid 8.5 minutes of entertainment.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

minnemike wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:26 pm
TheLokNesMonster wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:21 pm Beating the Suns handily wasn’t that much of a feat. After getting swept you know they would come out and roll. Home. Playoffs. Game 1.

Yeah... lose tonite and they are just where everyone thought they'd be going in... essentially trailing the Suns in the series.

Win this game, and the whole thing flips to code red for PHX. Once a fluke... twice a trend... three times a reality (well really 4 times. lol)
The narrative has definitely gone to the Suns are a disappointment. I’ve heard some flipping from the talking heads, but the majority are still skeptical of the Wolves. Loser franchise blah blah blah…