Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

How Good Are We **Poll**

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

How good

12%
Top 3
30%
Top 5
39%
Top 7
19%

Total votes: 74

Rusty Kuntz

Re: How Good Are We **Poll**

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:10 pm I am always optimistic about the Wolves, but things feel different this year. I think we are good, like really good. Western Conference Finals and possibly The Finals good. Best D by a mile, Rudes driving the ship while ANT is the man and is gonna be in the MVP talk. You can say we are in the top 3, which is where I have them, but we just beat the 1 and 2 teams, so are we not #1? We just need Kat to get it together. :beer:
For the record this is a 10/10 prediction :beer:
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Small Hands wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:45 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:16 am
Small Hands wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:11 am

They are a very good young team. Very unproven, but has some promise. The ‘04 team was definitely better, but these kids might surprise the masses and with a 1st round playoff series win. I don’t see them going any further than that. Most of the talking heads don’t even have them winning their 1st matchup.

Better hope they don’t get the Lakers in the 1st round
04 team probably had tougher teams to go through. Maybe that’s nostalgia, but that’s how I see it. I think the bottom seeds were weaker then, but teams like Sacto and the Lakers were loaded.
The 2004 8th seed was Denver and featured prime Carmelo, Kenyon Martin, and Marcus Camby. The west was stacked from top to bottom. Andre Miller at the point
Elite 2K squad.
Badbeat

Post by Badbeat »

I picked them as a "top 3" team when this poll came out. (Yea me)

I would love to see them as #1 but dang the wolves play Phoenix twice, the Lakers, and Denver.. all of which will be playing for something.

Denver is playing 5 teams with really nothing to play for and the wolves.

Wolves being tested the rest of the year may help them with confidence and make them tougher in the playoffs. It's tough to imagine them finishing ahead of the nuggets but there ain't nothing wrong with being the 2nd seed in the west.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

I just chuckled, we are talking about jockeying for top seeding in a home court 7 games series.

Who would have thunk that 1 year ago today.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

I want to be accountable here. I didn’t think we would win that series. The Wolves… Ant in particular has opened my eyes quite a bit in the last week. He showed that he can be a true leader in the playoffs. It’s insane that we’ve had to wait 20 years for this feeling again, but here we are! Wolves are a legitimate contender for the championship(can’t believe I’m typing this). If we can somehow get past Denver, look out!