Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Twins vs. Motor City Kitties thread***

A place to discuss the MN Twins
weimy froob

Re: ***Official Twins vs. Motor City Kitties thread***

Post by weimy froob »

got the stat of the night from kris atteberry. the atlanta braves could go 0 for their next 300 ABs and still have a higher batting average than the twins have right now.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i'm not sure what this exactly means--but i don't think it's good. rocco pushing wrong buttons again. julien should've hit and thielbar shouldn't be brought in any high leverage situation. he's worse than last year--and he wasn't very good then either. he'd have one good outing and then one bad one. now they're all bad.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

How was the attendance? Cold night with a shitty team and even shittier owners.
Let's get Tropical
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:59 pm How was the attendance? Cold night with a shitty team and even shittier owners.
I hope it was about 2500. No one should have to pay even a dime to watch this shit. I don’t wanna be a drama queen or anything but this season is dangerously close to being lost for good. They better find a way to stop the bleeding and do it soon. Maybe we should see some urgency from the team instead of hoping that Rocco’s dumbass cliches about how “if they’re just patient and give it time” the club’s fortunes will magically do a 180.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

feekdogg wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:12 pm If you don't trust your leadoff hitter to hit against everyone: righties and lefties, he shouldn't be your leadoff man.
Absolutely. Smartest thing I’ve heard all day. Seriously.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

weimy froob wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:40 pm santana 3 for his last 39.
Guy is washed up and had been for some time. Pathetic that we have to deal with this shit from a corner infield position. Especially when you consider the other corner infielder is Kyle Farmer.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

On a related note, if you are a Wild fan as I am I guess the Twins are gonna pick up where the Wild left off and lose about 80%+ in divisional matchups. Were probably looking at another sweep here. What’s this bring their home record to 1-6?
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:52 pm i'm not sure what this exactly means--but i don't think it's good. rocco pushing wrong buttons again. julien should've hit and thielbar shouldn't be brought in any high leverage situation. he's worse than last year--and he wasn't very good then either. he'd have one good outing and then one bad one. now they're all bad.

Thielbar should have never been brought back. There was an expiration date on him, we decided to eat after said date.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:43 pm
weimy froob wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:52 pm i'm not sure what this exactly means--but i don't think it's good. rocco pushing wrong buttons again. julien should've hit and thielbar shouldn't be brought in any high leverage situation. he's worse than last year--and he wasn't very good then either. he'd have one good outing and then one bad one. now they're all bad.

Thielbar should have never been brought back. There was an expiration date on him, we decided to eat after said date.
No doubt. The guy has pitched in two games and had a pretty good role in losing both of them. He’s cooked.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

He had a place. Years ago when a pitcher could face one guy and be done. He's old and the "crafty lefty" is not the currency it used to be.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Well stated....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Caleb Thielbar had gotten the first two batters of the ninth inning quickly. He was well on his way to getting the Twins off the field and back into the dugout with the score still tied with the Detroit Tigers in the ninth inning.

Or at least it seemed that way.

Almost as quickly as he got the first two outs, things unraveled for him.

The southpaw allowed a two-out single to Parker Meadows, who promptly reached second base when Thielbar threw the ball away trying to pick him off, an error that he called “inexcusable.”

Meadows would score the go-ahead run on a Wenceel Pérez hit, a single that sent the Twins plummeting to their fifth straight loss, this one a 5-4 defeat at Target Field.

“We’re not playing good baseball right now, and I’ve been a part of that two out of the last five games,” Thielbar said. “It’s tough. It weighs on me. It weighs on the guys in here. We’re trying to dig out of it, but it’s just not going well for us right now.”
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

weimy froob wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:54 am Caleb Thielbar had gotten the first two batters of the ninth inning quickly. He was well on his way to getting the Twins off the field and back into the dugout with the score still tied with the Detroit Tigers in the ninth inning.

The southpaw allowed a two-out single to Parker Meadows, who promptly reached second base when Thielbar threw the ball away trying to pick him off, an error that he called “inexcusable.”

Meadows would score the go-ahead run on a Wenceel Pérez hit, a single that sent the Twins plummeting to their fifth straight loss, this one a 5-4 defeat at Target Field.

“We’re not playing good baseball right now, and I’ve been a part of that two out of the last five games,” Thielbar said. “It’s tough. It weighs on me. It weighs on the guys in here. We’re trying to dig out of it, but it’s just not going well for us right now.”
LOT's of time to dig themselves out of this, right Weimy? Carlos will be back soon, Buck is gonna start hittin, Royce will be back in a month or so, and the other hitters certainly will start gettin better!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Hornets wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:58 am
weimy froob wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:54 am Caleb Thielbar had gotten the first two batters of the ninth inning quickly. He was well on his way to getting the Twins off the field and back into the dugout with the score still tied with the Detroit Tigers in the ninth inning.

LOT's of time to dig themselves out of this, right Weimy? Carlos will be back soon, Buck is gonna start hittin, Royce will be back in a month or so, and the other hitters certainly will start gettin better!
it's just talk and speculation until they climb back to .500. that's going to be a chore when you've got the worst lineup in baseball right now.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

This front office must have guys they like as a guy, no matter how much they suck as a player, and tell Rocco "this guy plays".

Rocco obviously doesn't have a backbone, he's as passive of a manager I think I've ever seen. He's gotta be told who to play / hit and just does it, happy to collect a paycheck.
My body, my choice.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Time to see if Joe Mauer wants to be the hitting coach.

At whatever price he needs.
My body, my choice.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:25 pm
weimy froob wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:40 pm santana 3 for his last 39.
Guy is washed up and had been for some time. Pathetic that we have to deal with this shit from a corner infield position. Especially when you consider the other corner infielder is Kyle Farmer.
how are you feeling ron? hoping today finds you in good health.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

1. Julien 2B
2. Jeffers C
3. Kiriloff 1B
4. Larnach RF
5. Buxton CF
6. Miranda 3B
7. Castro SS
8. Carmago DH
9. Martin LF

Olson vs. Ober

Stop the bleeding
Last edited by feekdogg on Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

feekdogg wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:43 am 1. Julien 2B
2. Jeffers C
3. Kiriloff 1B
4. Larnach RF
5. Buxton CF
6. Miranda 3B
7. Castro SS
8. Carmago DH
9. Martin LF

Olson vs. Ober

Stop the bleeding

that looks like a little better lineup. besides what i thought were wrong buttons pushed with julien and having to put thielbar out there in the ninth--i think letting martin get a swing instead of vazquez in the ninth made more sense too. cold and windy again today.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

buxton doubles. takes third on a wild pitch and scores on a castro sac fly. yay.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Well. There's all your run support, Ober.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Can't get much more efficient than that inning.
Last edited by feekdogg on Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

austin martin with a stinging double. he should've had an AB in the ninth last night.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

real good AB from jeffers to get that run in from third. productive out from julien to get martin there.
tbgh

Post by tbgh »

feekdogg wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:42 pm Well. There's all your run support, Ober.
Nope. We just scored again!
Put 'er in the ole vise.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

miranda's slow.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

larnach should've been on third and buxton on second on that pseudo wild pitch though. trevor has to be aware and get going.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

no-hitter broken up, but ober is sharp. 58 pitches thru five innings.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

austin martin doing more good work at the plate.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

weimy froob wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:19 pm austin martin doing more good work at the plate.
He's that kind of do-everything spark plug.
He'll be at the top of the lineup if he keeps this up.