Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***NFL Draft Talk***

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: ***NFL Draft Talk***

Post by minnemike »

Señor Trumpo wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:24 pm
Mplsfonz wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:41 am
Señor Trumpo wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:24 am

He wants Jayden Daniels otherwise he trades to the Vikings.
What makes you think that? And, if he's gone then we give up less. Let somebody else pay that price they will ask.
He's the best QB in this draft and NE has too many holes to fill to let a QB sit and develop. Maye or McCarthy don't make sense for NE until they have a better supporting cast. They would get 2 of the top 10 defensive players with picks 11 and 23. Mayo is a Defensive coach. Who do they have that they'd trust to develop a QB?
Makes perfect sense imo. Now the price is the only mystery.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

minnemike wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:13 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:52 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:32 pm I’m told Kraft wants a QB and Wolf doesn’t.

I’m also told that if a trade is to happen to get to #3, it will happen before the draft.

RTSports Prediction: Vikings and Patriots will announce a trade before next Thursday. Stay Tuned.

RT wins again!
Top 5 does not make any sense. Top 3 does make sense and NE would be the only one unless WAS is game (and all signs point to not). #4 could make sense if they like all top 4 QBs.
top five makes sense if you're convinced that arizona is going to take harrison. why wouldn't they?
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:32 pm I’m told Kraft wants a QB and Wolf doesn’t.

I’m also told that if a trade is to happen to get to #3, it will happen before the draft.

RTSports Prediction: Vikings and Patriots will announce a trade before next Thursday. Stay Tuned.

RT wins again!
Top 5 does not make any sense. Top 3 does make sense and NE would be the only one unless WAS is game (and all signs point to not). #4 could make sense if they like all top 4 QBs.
Top 5 means they’re ok with either maye or McCarthy. They have a handshake deal probably with the chargers for 5, they prefer maye and are going to try to get to 3 but if the patriots are asking for too much then they make the trade with LA and select McCarthy.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

RT wins again!
I agree. I think it’s clearly NE they’re talking about.

Arizona only makes sense if they view JJ as high as the rest and LAC only makes sense if that’s true AND they’re 100% convinced the cardinals are taking MHJ. I’m not sure either of those things are true.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:37 pm

RT wins again!

Arizona only makes sense if they view JJ as high as the rest and LAC only makes sense if that’s true AND they’re 100% convinced the cardinals are taking MHJ. I’m not sure either of those things are true.
you can't say 100 percent with the cardinals--but with all the picks they have already make the case why they wouldn't want to take the number one rated guy at number four? i'm pretty sure they will. of course, it's not me that could be SOL if they didn't--but i can't see it from the view here in the peanut gallery.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:40 pm

you can't say 100 percent with the cardinals--but with all the picks they have already make the case why they wouldn't want to take the number one rated guy at number four? i'm pretty sure they will. of course, it's not me that could be SOL if they didn't--but i can't see it from the view here in the peanut gallery.
They might want to. If I were them I probably would. But the chance they won’t is non-zero and I wouldn’t make the move to 5 now based on that. You hate to move to 5 now and be stuck with a non-QB. It would probably work out… but it might not.

- Isaac Asimov
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:47 pm

They might want to. If I were them I probably would. But the chance they won’t is non-zero and I wouldn’t make the move to 5 now based on that. You hate to love to 5 now and be stuck with a non-QB.
oh i think that nothing gets done until washington picks on draft night. after that teams will find out how serious new england is about trading out of theirs. i'm also thinking that if the giants are truly players they probably have the strongest hand to move up. it just depends on what the patriots are thinking.
Señor Trumpo

Post by Señor Trumpo »

This fucking guys life mission is to stick it to the Vikings.
minnemike

Post by minnemike »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:49 pm

They might want to. If I were them I probably would. But the chance they won’t is non-zero and I wouldn’t make the move to 5 now based on that. You hate to love to 5 now and be stuck with a non-QB.
oh i think that nothing gets done until washington picks on draft night. after that teams will find out how serious new england is about trading out of theirs. i'm also thinking that if the giants are truly players they probably have the strongest hand to move up. it just depends on what the patriots are thinking.
NYG could have a stronger hand if the team they are trading with is ok with less return with a pick at #6. That could be AZ but likely not NE. There is a new rumor that says NE likes Penix and they could get him with one of the first rounders they score in trade. They wouldnt want #6 and garnish if they are not set on a top 2-3 WR.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

minnemike wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:01 pm
NYG could have a stronger hand if the team they are trading with is ok with less return with a pick at #6. That could be AZ but likely not NE. There is a new rumor that says NE likes Penix and they could get him with one of the first rounders they score in trade. They wouldnt want #6 and garnish if they are not set on a top 2-3 WR.
yeah it depends on what they're thinking. hard to believe that they'd be fine with penix at 11 and not maye/mccarthy/daniels at three though. could be--but that's definitely grading out the QBs different than the consensus. picking six when the first three picks are QBs and potentially four out of the top five with the other being a WR let's them potentially pick their second player on their board.
minnemike

Post by minnemike »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:06 pm

yeah it depends on what they're thinking. hard to believe that they'd be fine with penix at 11 and not maye/mccarthy/daniels at three though. could be--but that's definitely grading out the QBs different than the consensus. picking six when the first three picks are QBs and potentially four out of the top five with the other being a WR let's them potentially pick their second player on their board.
Yeah a little weird... I think the idea is that the risk of keeping #1 and having it not pan out is greater than a slightly more risky QB later plus another blue chip round one player. And they NEED those players maybe more than QB. I don't personally agree with this as I would make the team better first, but I guess they dont all have the same team build strategy. The other rumor is they like Daniels at 3 but no one else - they see the rest as too risky for them at that #3 spot. It all does make some sense.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

minnemike wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:10 pm
weimy froob wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:06 pm

Yeah a little weird... I think the idea is that the risk of keeping #1 and having it not pan out is greater than a slightly more risky QB later plus another blue chip round one player. And they NEED those players maybe more than QB. I don't personally agree with this as I would make the team better first, but I guess they dont all have the same team build strategy. The other rumor is they like Daniels at 3 but no one else - they see the rest as too risky for them at that #3 spot. It all does make some sense.
i'm definitely with you on getting your QB at three in a relatively rich QB draft and work on filling in the other pieces later. i've pointed out what i'd do in more than a couple posts. the only way that it makes sense is if they're negative on the other two. if they trade out i'd be very surprised if they then turned around and took a QB with one of the number ones they'd get for trading out. that's why i think the giants are in a stronger position. but it's their board and i guess you can make a case for penix at 11. i just think it's a weak case on the surface of it. if i'm trading out i'm not taking a QB.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

The Giants aren’t drafting a QB in rd #1.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:25 pm The Giants aren’t drafting a QB in rd #1.
I don't think so either. I think they want Nabers. I think their talk of drafting a QB is just smoke to make sure teams jump them for the QB they want so that Nabers falls to them at 6.

- Isaac Asimov
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

Beets Top 15 (fuck I’m bored edition)
1) Chicago - Caleb Williams QB
No explanation needed

2) Washington - Jayden Daniels QB
Goodell is gonna put a muzzle on Schefter if he keeps dropping leaks like this.

3)NE - Drake Maye
Patriots are all over the place. They probably are open for business, but the price will be too steep. So the Pats will stick and pick.

4)Ari - Marvin Harrison Jr
MHJ is too good for Arizona to pass up. Like NE, their price will be steep to trade out for teams looking to move up from the teens. Only team I can see convincing them is NYG since they can at least get Nabers.

5)Minnesota Vikings (trade w/ LAC) - JJ McCarthy QB
This seems like the obvious move where Kwisi only trades two first rounders and some mid round picks. Other teams will try but 11 and 23 will be too much for them to overcome. Those picks will allow the Chargers to focus on their two of their three big needs (WR/CB/OT).

6)NYG - Malik Nabers, WR
A trade to four seems like the best bet for a Giants trade up. But I’m buying the theory that they want Nabers or MHJ over trading up for Maye/McCarthy.

7)Tenn - Joe Alt, OT
Biggest need by far.

8)Atl - Dallas Turner, Edge
Atlanta could be tempted to take Odunze and pile up the talent around Commie Cousins (GEQBUS 4 life), but they would be foolish to not add more talent to their defense.

9)Chi - Rome Odunze, WR
I think this isn’t a forgone conclusion. Chicago needs a pass rusher or they could draft another OT to protect their investment in Williams. I go this direction for now.

10)NYJ - Brock Bowers, TE
NYJ wants to add another receiving weapon for their all in year with the Art Bell of NFL QBs. If Odunze falls here, that will be the pick.

11)LAC - Terrion Arnold, CB
Harbaugh starts his tenure out by grabbing the top rated corner. Will look to receiver with the 23rd pick.

12)Cincinnati Bengals (Trade with Denver) - Troy Fautanu, G/OT
The Bungles window is closing now that they gotta pay those young studs they have. As a result, they make a trade up to beat out the eventual tackle run and get the guy they want for one last push before they decide on what to do with Chase. This is dependent on who Denver wants for QB. If it’s Penix, then they stick and pick cause he ain’t getting by the Raiders. If it’s Nix, they trade out and take him at 18. This allows them to recoup that 2nd rounder they lost from the Russell Wilson trade and then some.

13)LVR - Michael Penix, QB
Raiders want a QB. Problem is the guy they would give up the bag for won’t be available (Daniels). I feel this is a reach, but we are talking about the Raiders and what they usually do with their first round picks (Al Davis nods in approval).

14.)NO - JC Latham, OT
Saints breathe a sigh of relief that they land the best tackle after Alt.

15) Ind - Nate Wiggins, CB
Indy addresses its biggest need by drafting a tall, lanky corner with speed.
Thank you… fuck you… bye!
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

McMillan is a nice prospect and would be an upgrade at WR3 from Osborn, once he gets his feet wet. He's another guy with similar traits to Jefferson and Addison. Good route runner. Agile. Maybe a bit thin. He's 6-1 (JJ is 6-1 and Addison is 5-11). He's a 4.47 guy with pretty good explosiveness in and out of breaks. He's usually rated as a 3rd rounder though, and we don't have one of those. Maybe we trade one of our 3 fourth-rounders + stuff to move up and get him. Or maybe he just falls to the 4th. He went in the 4th in the Froob mock draft, and that's as precise as a Swiss watch.

- Isaac Asimov
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Beetlejuice wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:54 pm Beets Top 15 (fuck I’m bored edition)
1) Chicago - Caleb Williams QB
No explanation needed

2) Washington - Jayden Daniels QB
Goodell is gonna put a muzzle on Schefter if he keeps dropping leaks like this.

3)NE - Drake Maye
Patriots are all over the place. They probably are open for business, but the price will be too steep. So the Pats will stick and pick.

4)Ari - Marvin Harrison Jr
MHJ is too good for Arizona to pass up. Like NE, their price will be steep to trade out for teams looking to move up from the teens. Only team I can see convincing them is NYG since they can at least get Nabers.

5)Minnesota Vikings (trade w/ LAC) - JJ McCarthy QB
This seems like the obvious move where Kwisi only trades two first rounders and some mid round picks. Other teams will try but 11 and 23 will be too much for them to overcome. Those picks will allow the Chargers to focus on their two of their three big needs (WR/CB/OT).

6)NYG - Malik Nabers, WR
A trade to four seems like the best bet for a Giants trade up. But I’m buying the theory that they want Nabers or MHJ over trading up for Maye/McCarthy.

7)Tenn - Joe Alt, OT
Biggest need by far.

8)Atl - Dallas Turner, Edge
Atlanta could be tempted to take Odunze and pile up the talent around Commie Cousins (GEQBUS 4 life), but they would be foolish to not add more talent to their defense.

9)Chi - Rome Odunze, WR
I think this isn’t a forgone conclusion. Chicago needs a pass rusher or they could draft another OT to protect their investment in Williams. I go this direction for now.

10)NYJ - Brock Bowers, TE
NYJ wants to add another receiving weapon for their all in year with the Art Bell of NFL QBs. If Odunze falls here, that will be the pick.

11)LAC - Terrion Arnold, CB
Harbaugh starts his tenure out by grabbing the top rated corner. Will look to receiver with the 23rd pick.

12)Cincinnati Bengals (Trade with Denver) - Troy Fautanu, G/OT
The Bungles window is closing now that they gotta pay those young studs they have. As a result, they make a trade up to beat out the eventual tackle run and get the guy they want for one last push before they decide on what to do with Chase. This is dependent on who Denver wants for QB. If it’s Penix, then they stick and pick cause he ain’t getting by the Raiders. If it’s Nix, they trade out and take him at 18. This allows them to recoup that 2nd rounder they lost from the Russell Wilson trade and then some.

13)LVR - Michael Penix, QB
Raiders want a QB. Problem is the guy they would give up the bag for won’t be available (Daniels). I feel this is a reach, but we are talking about the Raiders and what they usually do with their first round picks (Al Davis nods in approval).

14.)NO - JC Latham, OT
Saints breathe a sigh of relief that they land the best tackle after Alt.

15) Ind - Nate Wiggins, CB
Indy addresses its biggest need by drafting a tall, lanky corner with speed.
I could see it. This is all reasonable.

- Isaac Asimov
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

Señor Trumpo wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:57 pm
This fucking guys life mission is to stick it to the Vikings.
They sound very determined. Surtain is due for a massive new contract. That is definitely not a plus for the Broncos.
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

^lol. If that’s true, then they can have McCarthy. He ain’t worth multiple first rounders and Surtain. I wouldn’t even try to match it.
cdr2529

Post by cdr2529 »

Beetlejuice wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:30 pm ^lol. If that’s true, then they can have McCarthy. He ain’t worth multiple first rounders and Surtain. I wouldn’t even try to match it.
I would not trade for him and keep my picks and if he falls to the 23rd pick then I may take him
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

who would be the trading partner? would new england want surtain? it's not against the rules to trade in your own division--but would san diego deal with denver? i still think the cardinals like their position and are going to take harrison.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

- Isaac Asimov
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

This is fun!

- Isaac Asimov
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:59 pm

This is fun!
I’m told there is a WIDE gap of what they think of JJ and Maye. They much rather give up the extra 1st rounder etc for Maye than having to give up at least 2 #1’s for McCarthy. It’s all a matter if they can get NE to move off their pick which some say is already a done deal.

I wish we could give #23 and Jefferson for #3. :lol:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:11 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:59 pm

This is fun!
I’m told there is a WIDE gap of what they think of JJ and Maye. They much rather give up the extra 1st rounder etc for Maye than having to give up at least 2 #1’s for McCarthy. It’s all a matter if they can get NE to move off their pick which some say is already a done deal.

I wish we could give #23 and Jefferson for #3. :lol:
That's a bridge too far, but it would be funny to read the meltdowns.

- Isaac Asimov
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Decent talk about the 6 guys with a chance to go in the 1st round.

- Isaac Asimov
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Señor Trumpo wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:24 pm
Mplsfonz wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:41 am
Señor Trumpo wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:24 am

He wants Jayden Daniels otherwise he trades to the Vikings.
What makes you think that? And, if he's gone then we give up less. Let somebody else pay that price they will ask.
He's the best QB in this draft and NE has too many holes to fill to let a QB sit and develop. Maye or McCarthy don't make sense for NE until they have a better supporting cast. They would get 2 of the top 10 defensive players with picks 11 and 23. Mayo is a Defensive coach. Who do they have that they'd trust to develop a QB?
The best? According to who? Caleb is the consensus best.
Señor Trumpo

Post by Señor Trumpo »

Mplsfonz wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:07 am
Señor Trumpo wrote:
Mplsfonz wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:41 am What makes you think that? And, if he's gone then we give up less. Let somebody else pay that price they will ask.
I'm not including Caleb Williams as a QB in this draft as that pick is already locked in. New England needs to take a serious look at what Carolina did last year. I'm saying that Jayden Daniels can start right away get away with an awful O-line with his scrambling ability. Maye or McCarthy wouldn't have a fighting chance in NE if starting right away and would probably be ruined in the long run. Build your trenches and then get your QB.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Señor Trumpo wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:40 am
Mplsfonz wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:07 am
Señor Trumpo wrote:
I'm not including Caleb Williams as a QB in this draft as that pick is already locked in. New England needs to take a serious look at what Carolina did last year. I'm saying that Jayden Daniels can start right away get away with an awful O-line with his scrambling ability. Maye or McCarthy wouldn't have a fighting chance in NE if starting right away and would probably be ruined in the long run. Build your trenches and then get your QB.
:thumbsup: If they don't want too much, I'm cool with JD.
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

Beat writer for the Giants