Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Twins @ Billy Ripken thread***

A place to discuss the MN Twins
weimy froob

Re: ***Official Twins @ Billy Ripken thread***

Post by weimy froob »

had the lead in the seventh and a rested bullpen. orioles didn't care. they're just a better team than this version of the twins.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Suckiest bunch of sucks. Good luck selling tickets and 14 dollar beers at this rate.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Not even 20 games in and we're already 6 games back :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least I got to watch the Dodgers whoop the small minded Twins team. :lol: :lol:
Ohtani had two doubles and I got to see a live Ohtani HR. What a game!
Last edited by salamander on Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Bottom 5 team in the league!!! Gooooo Twins!!!
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
The Real Ted

Post by The Real Ted »

SKOLMN wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:53 pm Seriously, if you’re someone like buxton or Lopez how do you keep a straight face and show up to work day in and day out on a team like this with ownership like this? If you’re Correa or Lewis why would you rush your rehab to come back to this train wreck? I’d milk it as long as I could to stay away from this dumpster fire. It’s flat out embarassing ownership assembled this pitching staff in the offseason and believed they’d contend. It’s insulting. The fans need to take a note from the athletics fans and protest during the games instead of attending.
if you’re someone like Buxton you should be grateful you have a $100 million dollar contract after you’ve proved for 9 straight years that you’re a part time player with occasional flashes of excellence.

They should have traded him for the best starting pitcher that they could get for him. But at this point, I think that might be someone like Rich Hill or Dylan Bundy.
salamander

Post by salamander »

4 straight loses :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

weimy froob wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:48 pm had the lead in the seventh and a rested bullpen. orioles didn't care. they're just a better team than this version of the twins.
I believe you may be saying that about a lot of teams this year Weimy.
My body, my choice.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

When you only have 3 star players and 2 of them are hurt, whadda you expect??
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Even Jax giving up the walk off. It's bad.
My body, my choice.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

the orioles outclassed the twins in this series. they lead the majors in HRs--and got all their runs via the long ball today.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

The Real Ted wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:38 pm
SKOLMN wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:53 pm Seriously, if you’re someone like buxton or Lopez how do you keep a straight face and show up to work day in and day out on a team like this with ownership like this? If you’re Correa or Lewis why would you rush your rehab to come back to this train wreck? I’d milk it as long as I could to stay away from this dumpster fire. It’s flat out embarassing ownership assembled this pitching staff in the offseason and believed they’d contend. It’s insulting. The fans need to take a note from the athletics fans and protest during the games instead of attending.
if you’re someone like Buxton you should be grateful you have a $100 million dollar contract after you’ve proved for 9 straight years that you’re a part time player with occasional flashes of excellence.

They should have traded him for the best starting pitcher that they could get for him. But at this point, I think that might be someone like Rich Hill or Dylan Bundy.
hasn't hit a HR yet.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

your opening day starter is cruising and you take him out of the game and put in a guy traded for little nicky? rocco pushing the wrong button. again.

“When you get a great start from someone when you need it and, of course, against a good team, you want to capitalize,” manager Rocco Baldelli said.

And even more so when you have a lead late, as the Twins did when they scored a pair of runs in the seventh thanks to RBI singles from Austin Martin and Kyle Farmer. An aggressive send by third base coach Tommy Watkins helped deliver the Twins their first run of the game.

The Twins then opted to take their ace out of the game — it was a tough decision Baldelli called “not the easiest of calls” — and minutes later, Anthony Santander tied the game off Steven Okert in the bottom of the inning.

nice call, rocco.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:49 pm austin martin drives in margot. game is tied and this guy shouldn't be going back to st paul anytime soon.
Ted
@tlschwerz
Austin Martin takes better at bats than almost the entirety of the rest of the #MNTwins lineup
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:01 pm
The Real Ted wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:38 pm

hasn't hit a HR yet.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:17 am your opening day starter is cruising and you take him out of the game and put in a guy traded for little nicky? rocco pushing the wrong button. again.

“When you get a great start from someone when you need it and, of course, against a good team, you want to capitalize,” manager Rocco Baldelli said.

And even more so when you have a lead late, as the Twins did when they scored a pair of runs in the seventh thanks to RBI singles from Austin Martin and Kyle Farmer. An aggressive send by third base coach Tommy Watkins helped deliver the Twins their first run of the game.

The Twins then opted to take their ace out of the game — it was a tough decision Baldelli called “not the easiest of calls” — and minutes later, Anthony Santander tied the game off Steven Okert in the bottom of the inning.

nice call, rocco.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

I'm starting to check out and it's not even May.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

they have to play 56% winning ball the rest of to reach last years low division winning 87 games.

Cle, KC are crushing so far and Det on pace for 90 wins.
sure they will likely slow down a bit as I don't expect Cle and KC to win 100+ games, but seems like division needs 90+ to win this year (al west taking the new garbage division crown), so we'll have to win around 60% of games balance of year to be in contention. (only 3 teams last year played a full year at 60% wins or higher) so basically we're fucked already without drastic improvement, declines from the rest of the division, and crushing head to head in the division winning like 7/10 games.
Bullazin

Post by Bullazin »

It’s April guys. The hitting will come around and the pitching is fine.

That said the Pohlad’s suck and we will be a .500 team because of it.
“You realize he reports you just as much as you report him, right? He has some valid complaints as well. I don't like or dislike either of you. I just want you two to shut the fuck up.”
——OG Froob.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

boxter432 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:26 pm they have to play 56% winning ball the rest of to reach last years low division winning 87 games.

Cle, KC are crushing so far and Det on pace for 90 wins.
sure they will likely slow down a bit as I don't expect Cle and KC to win 100+ games, but seems like division needs 90+ to win this year (al west taking the new garbage division crown), so we'll have to win around 60% of games balance of year to be in contention. (only 3 teams last year played a full year at 60% wins or higher) so basically we're fucked already without drastic improvement, declines from the rest of the division, and crushing head to head in the division winning like 7/10 games.
56% is still doable, but there is a noticeable improvement with rest of the division (KC, CLE, DET). The sports books are quickly picking up on it too.