Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Enjoy It

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
witljon

Re: Enjoy It

Post by witljon »

Bullazin wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:49 pm
feekdogg wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:05 am
witljon wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:59 am

I wonder what the chances are we suffer a major injury just before the start of the playoffs.
Reported.
🤣

I think Boston is the only team that is as good as us. You can’t diss Denver until someone beats them. Sixers and possibly Lakers could make a run. But this is fun as hell.
Well, you can watch ESPN and they barely mention the Wolves. And the Christmas Day games are Bucks @ Knicks, Warriors @ Denver, Celtics @ Lakers, Sixers @ Heat, and Mavericks @ Suns, while the Wolves quietly go about their business of kicking ass.
We do play at the Thunder the day after Christmas.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

witljon wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:51 pm

Reported.
🤣

I think Boston is the only team that is as good as us. You can’t diss Denver until someone beats them. Sixers and possibly Lakers could make a run. But this is fun as hell.
Well, you can watch ESPN and they barely mention the Wolves. And the Christmas Day games are Bucks @ Knicks, Warriors @ Denver, Celtics @ Lakers, Sixers @ Heat, and Mavericks @ Suns, while the Wolves quietly go about their business of kicking ass.
Schedule was made based on last year. Can’t blame the NBA for not giving us an X-mas day game. If they keep up the high level play, they’ll get one next year.

ESPN just sucks at covering sports. They’re good at getting ratings and big market and established teams do that. Wolves will have to keep it up for a while to get their attention, if you really want it.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
T_J

Post by T_J »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:48 pm

🤣

Schedule was made based on last year. Can’t blame the NBA for not giving us an X-mas day game. If they keep up the high level play, they’ll get one next year.

ESPN just sucks at covering sports. They’re good at getting ratings and big market and established teams do that. Wolves will have to keep it up for a while to get their attention, if you really want it.
Their job is to make money. Not try and appease every dinky market’s fan base. They’re great at what they do and have been since forever.
Bullazin

Post by Bullazin »

Reported.
🤣

For sure I’ve noticed that and it sucks. This tea. is a really good story despite the fact the national media has missed it. As someone said we will get big attention if this keeps up. And I believe it will.
“You realize he reports you just as much as you report him, right? He has some valid complaints as well. I don't like or dislike either of you. I just want you two to shut the fuck up.”
——OG Froob.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

ESPN has been circling the drain for a bit now in terms of cultural impact, coverage, and ratings. I stopped watching any of their coverage regularly about 10 years ago. Aside from catching live sporting events they televise that I'm interested in.

They laid off a bunch of folks this summer both in front of and behind the camera. Not quite the ESPN of the 90's and 2000's.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
witljon

Post by witljon »

YBBR wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:41 pm ESPN has been circling the drain for a bit now in terms of cultural impact, coverage, and ratings. I stopped watching any of their coverage regularly about 10 years ago. Aside from catching live sporting events they televise that I'm interested in.

They laid off a bunch of folks this summer both in front of and behind the camera. Not quite the ESPN of the 90's and 2000's.
They have to cater to the money which is the big markets. We’re always going to have to put up with Laker talk and the Knicks.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

witljon wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:35 pm
YBBR wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:41 pm ESPN has been circling the drain for a bit now in terms of cultural impact, coverage, and ratings. I stopped watching any of their coverage regularly about 10 years ago. Aside from catching live sporting events they televise that I'm interested in.

They have to cater to the money which is the big markets. We’re always going to have to put up with Laker talk and the Knicks.
Yep.

Don’t worry too much about ESPN.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

witljon wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:59 am
Bullazin wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:20 am This is so satisfying. Winning and winning with steel nuts. This team has few flaws. Could we go all the way? Crazy to think.
I wonder what the chances are we suffer a major injury just before the start of the playoffs.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

Feels so good at the halfway point to be this good. I love winning!
Spoiler:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i'll put this here.

focker

Post by focker »

What? You don't love dudes yelling at each other for 4 hours every morning about the NFL draft and Lebron James?

C'mon....
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

BBG

Post by BBG »

this is me walking into the office this morning

:naners:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

salamander

Post by salamander »

Breaking News!!!

The Minnesota Timberwolves plane just crashed, everyone on the team is dead.
Probably will happen. This can't last right?
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »