Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Latest Mock Penix to Minnesota!!!!!

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Beef Supreme

Re: Latest Mock Penix to Minnesota!!!!!

Post by Beef Supreme »

witljon wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:09 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:30 pm
witljon wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:25 pm
I thought Cousins did pretty good against some of the best defenses in the league. The Chiefs, 49ers, and Packers come to mind.

Packers defense was average. 9ers was good. Chiefs was good. But the Vikings scored 22 and 20 points against those teams. Not exactly torched, wouldn’t you say?
Oh, I guess he does suck.
If you say so. I just never much liked him.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
salamander

Post by salamander »

mlhouse wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:59 pm
salamander wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:41 pm
mlhouse wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:53 pm

LOL.... yeah being in the top ten in offenses with an moron like Mike Zimmer as the head coach.

This obsession with wins and losses is just incredible. How many playoff wins did Teddy Bridgewater have? The answer is ZERO. But, if the fucking field goal kicker does his job and makes a chip shot 27 yard field goal that total changes. Its a team game. YOu evaluate the players on the team as a player, not on the win-loss record.
There isn't a stat more important that winning in the playoffs. Cousins is a failure at the most important stat.
There is nothing else that matter in evaluating a player unless you're small minded.
Nobody cares about how many yards he threw during week 8 of the 2nd preseason.

OK, here's my evaluation of Cousins as a player which is all based in evidence and historical data:

One of two things have happened at an alarming rate through Cousins career.
1. If he starts with a big lead, he'll let the other team back into the game on to lose.
2. If he starts with a massive lead, he'll throw for boatloads of stats only to come up short.

He crumbles in big games. He's a mental Little Person who will never succeed in big games because he's not a good QB.

Kirk Cousins lost to Daniel Jones. That is the type of QB he is. The kind that loses to Daniel Jones and a shitty Giants defense.
Had nothing to do with Mike Zimmer, right?
You're right, everything is Mike Zimmer's fault. Great QB's don't have the ability to play great unless they have the right HC.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

witljon wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:54 pm
salamander wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:09 pm
mlhouse wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:20 am Oh, I get that the word "competitive" spikes up the dander of the guys who insist that if we aren't winning a Super Bowl, and if a QB like Kirk Cousins has not won the big one then they suck. The QB has to be a winner.
Kirk Cousins needs to learn how to win playoff games before we can even discuss SB's.

Cousins until he wins another playoff game is on the level of Case Keenum, Marcus Mariota & Daniel Jones (who will probably surpass him),
There isn’t a coach in the NFL who would agree with you.
NFL coaches don't want QB's who can win in the playoffs?
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:20 pm
witljon wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:52 pm

You will dislike Cousins even more when the Vikings struggle to stop him during the Falcon game.
If we struggle to stop him, I will dislike Flores for that.

Cousins is what he is. He torches bad defenses. If he torches us, that won’t speak well for Brian.
I thought Cousins did pretty good against some of the best defenses in the league. The Chiefs, 49ers, and Packers come to mind. He would not keep getting paid what he is if he wasn’t pretty good
That's just it. He's "pretty good". Nothing more, nothing less. "Pretty good" QB's are a dime a dozen.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

salamander wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:21 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:20 pm

If we struggle to stop him, I will dislike Flores for that.

Cousins is what he is. He torches bad defenses. If he torches us, that won’t speak well for Brian.
I thought Cousins did pretty good against some of the best defenses in the league. The Chiefs, 49ers, and Packers come to mind. He would not keep getting paid what he is if he wasn’t pretty good
That's just it. He's "pretty good". Nothing more, nothing less. "Pretty good" QB's are a dime a dozen.
No.

They’re $100M for one.

Pretty good is just that. Pretty good. Others might say that as a slight, but I don’t think it is. Kirk Cousins is clearly an above average quarterback in the NFL. He’s good. Pretty good, at minimum.

- Isaac Asimov
salamander

Post by salamander »

Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:28 pm
No.

They’re $100M for one.

Pretty good is just that. Pretty good. Others might say that as a slight, but I don’t think it is. Kirk Cousins is clearly an above average quarterback in the NFL. He’s good. Pretty good, at minimum.
I don't even necessarily disagree and I don't see all that much of a difference between the two phrases.

I don't want "above average".
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

salamander wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:42 pm

No.

They’re $100M for one.

I don't even necessarily disagree and I don't see all that much of a difference between the two phrases.

Me neither. I’m just saying, they’re not a dime a dozen.

- Isaac Asimov
salamander

Post by salamander »

Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:49 pm

No.

They’re $100M for one.

OK.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

salamander wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:22 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:49 pm

OK.
:thumbsup:

You mean you don’t want to fight for 7 pages about this unimportant semantic difference?

:lol:

- Isaac Asimov
OGR

Post by OGR »

On the lаtest eрisode of the Ryen Ruѕѕilo рodcast, NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremіah ѕaid thаt the Vіkіngs wіll try to move uр for North Cаrolinа QB Drаke Mаye, but іf the рrice іs too hіgh they аre more thаn сomfortable ѕtaying аt No. 11 to ѕelect theіr сhoiсe of Mіchael Penіx Jr.
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

OGR wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:56 pm On the lаtest eрisode of the Ryen Ruѕѕilo рodcast, NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremіah ѕaid thаt the Vіkіngs wіll try to move uр for North Cаrolinа QB Drаke Mаye, but іf the рrice іs too hіgh they аre more thаn сomfortable ѕtaying аt No. 11 to ѕelect theіr сhoiсe of Mіchael Penіx Jr.
You forgot to add the part about if the Giants take JJ at #6 after the Vikings decide not to trade up for him.