Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Vikes trade for another 1st round pick

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
-VikingsTw-

Re: Vikes trade for another 1st round pick

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Tuck ya in wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:28 pm
Offsides 97 defense wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:32 pm This place will explode if the Vikes move up for McCarthy. And there is a real possibility of that.

Bozos who watch "tape," aka "youtube videos," will smear their angry tirades all over this place because "they know what's best." I look forward to that and why I could never leave here.

I have over twenty years of frequenting this place, and draft night is the best night to be here. Nothing else comes close.
Everyone's a Qb draft expert here right? And they all seem to know exactly how the Qb's careers will go before they even start. Truth is no one knows anything, it's a speculation shit show.

You could take the top 6 Qb's in the draft, put their names in a jar and pick them out in order and probably have better luck being right in the end.

But I like that they were aggressive today, and they seem to have a plan in place to gey their QB. Hopefully they hit on the pick.
Took me about three minutes to do this. I don't even know why I watched any of them. This is such a great idea.

I drew out of the jar.... Jayden Daniels
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:40 pm
William Munny wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:34 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:35 pm
:lol: BS. Harrison is not end all be all. Other very good WR in the draft including Nabers. Just trolling.
The team who trades off Harrison, is going to ask pretty much what the QBs are going to cost. He’s the #1 prospect in this draft and will be the best WR in the NFL in a matter of a few years and it isn’t going to be close.
Maybe, maybe not. He could also turn out to be....Image
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:00 pm
Offsides 97 defense wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:32 pm This place will explode if the Vikes move up for McCarthy. And there is a real possibility of that.

Bozos who watch "tape," aka "youtube videos," will smear their angry tirades all over this place because "they know what's best." I look forward to that and why I could never leave here.

I have over twenty years of frequenting this place, and draft night is the best night to be here. Nothing else comes close.
Everyone's a Qb draft expert here right? And they all seem to know exactly how the Qb's careers will go before they even start. Truth is no one knows anything, it's a speculation shit show.

You could take the top 6 Qb's in the draft, put their names in a jar and pick them out in order and probably have better luck being right in the end.

But I like that they were aggressive today, and they seem to have a plan in place to gey their QB. Hopefully they hit on the pick.
Took me about three minutes to do this. I don't even know why I watched any of them. This is such a great idea.

See?....Boom!
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

William Munny wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:32 am

:lol: BS. Harrison is not end all be all. Other very good WR in the draft including Nabers. Just trolling.
The team who trades off Harrison, is going to ask pretty much what the QBs are going to cost. He’s the #1 prospect in this draft and will be the best WR in the NFL in a matter of a few years and it isn’t going to be close.
Bro... Go watch MHJ
witljon

Post by witljon »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:00 pm
mlhouse wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:52 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:51 pm

They will take Williams.

It’s more likely they trade the pick or take Marvin Harrison Jr. than it is they take Drake Maye.

But none of that is happening. They’re taking Caleb Williams.

I don’t often make definitive predictions like this. I usually allow at least some room for the unexpected and unlikely. But they’re taking Caleb Williams. It’s a layup.
Can you imagine what the ticket sales will be with the excitement of bringing in a player like that?
If we get Drake Maye, we will be excited. And rightly so. I couldn’t imagine what it would be like to land a prospect like Williams at QB.

Also, as a side note: It’s hard to believe that in the 60+ year history of the Minnesota Vikings, we’ve never drafted a quarterback in the top-10 of any draft. That is almost certainly going to change this year.
We all know the Vikings would love to draft a top QB, but if the asking price to trade up is out of line, they’re setting good to draft a top defensive player at 11 and then get a tier 2 QB at 23. Whatever Kwesi ends up doing, it’ll more than likely be career-defining for him.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

That picture is a summary of the Vikings in the playoffs.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Slap Shot wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:36 pm

In recent years it has been more of a field goal kicker missing an easy field goal.

William Munny

Post by William Munny »

No shiat.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

William Munny wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:52 pm

No shiat.

Damn NFL.

Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

mlhouse wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:39 pm

In recent years it has been more of a field goal kicker missing an easy field goal.

I didn't mean it literally so much as, "fuck me".
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Sounds like we probably got fleeced on the Texans trade:
Who Won the Vikings-Texans Trade? An NFL Draft Trade Value Chart Helps Us Sort the Deal Out
The Vikings made a trade with the Texans to add another 2024 first-round pick. We use an NFL Draft trade value chart to determine a winner.

March 15, 2024 | 9:37 PM EDT

Tony Catalina
Written By
Tony Catalina
With the 2024 NFL Draft quickly approaching, the Minnesota Vikings and Houston Texans have struck a deal that looks to have big ramifications across the NFL, not only for this year but in 2025 as well. We examine the trade with the help of an NFL Draft trade value chart to see who came out on top of the deal.

PFN Mock Draft Simulator - Desktop
NFL Draft Trade Details
On Friday morning, it was reported by NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero that the Vikings and Texans agreed to a trade involving draft picks.

Vikings received:

No. 23 overall
No. 232 overall
Texans received:

No. 42 overall
No. 188 overall
2025 second-round pick
On the surface, it appears this trade was made by the Vikings to pursue a quarterback to replace Kirk Cousins, who departed in free agency for the Atlanta Falcons.

The move nets Minnesota two first-round picks in the upcoming draft, a stash that could be valuable for another move-up if they’re looking to get inside the top 10 to secure a quarterback. At worst, they can stand pat and add two first-round talents this year to help build their roster.

For the Texans, they net a second second-round selection that gives them two within the first 60 picks, while also collecting another late-round pick this year. They also secured another valuable second-rounder in next year’s draft as they continue to not only build for this year but look toward the future.

With all the details of the agreed-upon deal now known, who exactly won the trade?

Who Won the Trade? NFL Draft Trade Value Chart Picks an Obvious Winner

While it’s an aggressive move by the Vikings to attack their roster now, according to one NFL Draft trade value chart by Over the Cap, it’s clear that the Texans got the better end of this trade.

Each pick in the draft is assigned a value, with the range in scale going as high as 3,000 for the No. 1 overall pick, all the way to 190 for the last selection.

With the Texans receiving picks 42 (1,106), 188 (346), and a 2025 second-round pick (valued as the lowest second-round selection for fairness 687), Houston netted a total point intake of 2,139.

The Vikings, who are looking for the here and now when it comes to talent acquisition with the upward move, collected picks No. 23 (1,411) and No. 232 (240), totaling 1,651.

Minnesota secured the early selection in this year’s draft giving them the earliest picks and the chance to attack the best talent in this year’s draft, but overall, Houston won the trade by a significant margin.

That’s not unsurprising as a team that is eager to move up may be inclined to lose the trade a bit to do so. In this case, if the Vikings can do what they intend to with this aggressive move, they’re not going to give a trade loss a second look.

What happens with these selections remains to be seen, and it will be a move that is analyzed for years to come. Who will be declared the winner in the end is to be determined, but as of right now, it looks like another shrewd business move for the Texans’ front office.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

I don't see how we could possibly know for many years.
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

William Munny wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:56 pm
William Munny wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:52 pm

No shiat.

Damn NFL.

Oh my god that video is painful to watch. That pass was on the money with everything on the line.....fack.
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

Tuck ya in wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:12 pm
Oh my god that video is painful to watch. That pass was on the money with everything on the line.....fack.
The 1987 Vikings were one of my favorite teams. Strike season in which the Vikings scrubs went 0-4, yet the team made it to the NFC Championship game. Wade Wilson played very well that year given what he was asked to do.
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

William Munny wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:18 pm
Tuck ya in wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:12 pm
The 1987 Vikings were one of my favorite teams. Strike season in which the Vikings scrubs went 0-4, yet the team made it to the NFC Championship game. Wade Wilson played very well that year given what he was asked to do.
Impressive, I was only 8 at the time so no real memory of it, but watching that video hurt. What a throw by W2 though.
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:00 pm

I drew penix but googled random number generator 1 through 6. I drew 5 which I had assigned to penix.