Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Fire Rocco!

A place to discuss the MN Twins
weimy froob

Re: Fire Rocco!

Post by weimy froob »

the only mention i can see of anybody questioning rocco on why he didn't use his challenge was this response from somebody to dan hayes tweet about hicks sac fly in the 10th. nothing in hayes or do-hyung park's twitter accounts or the strib story.

Charlie Chungus
@charliechungus
At least we still have our challenge
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:20 pm
Got to agree with Judd, he's calling out Rocco and calling for his head. Not sure how many others in the local Sports media have publicly voiced that obvious need for the club. Love it Juddy.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Judd criticize a manager like that in his entire career.

Just an embarrassing effort starting at the top this weekend home against Baltimore.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Yankees fired their hitting coach. Twins are standing by for now.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Lotta the comments to Judd say the same I do.

Falvey and Levine need to go before Rocco. Rocco is just a puppet.
My body, my choice.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i don't really see a downside to letting rocco go first.

Is Twins ownership under new boss Joe Pohlad losing patience in favor of urgency?
The new Twins boss sounded frustrated during an interview, which took place before the Twins' 15-2 loss to the Orioles.

https://www.startribune.com/joe-pohlad- ... 600288463/

"I like it. I feel prepared. I felt ready, it's just that there is a feeling, transitioning into this job, that, 'Oh, there's a lot more weight on my shoulders than I expected. It's like the old saying: 'The buck stops here.' "

"Urgency" might be replacing "patience" as the prevailing attitude of Twins ownership.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

"Because of that, we haven't had the fun that you know the fans really want to have here, that feeling that the fans and our players can really grab onto and then get some momentum."

"So, how do I feel? I want to see a little bit of urgency right now. I think our fans do, too. I think our players understand that."

"What's nice, and what I respect from our core group of players, is that they're not backing down from their performance. They own up to it," Pohlad said. "And that's something that I really respect and I think all of our fans should respect."
Notice how he doesn't mention how managers have taken ownership and held themselves accountable.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Fuck Rocco. I still haven't forgave him for not getting tossed vs Houston when Ed Rosario got tossed first. He went out there, blew the ump, then came back and sat in the dugout as his team went 0-17 in the playoffs.
Last edited by Tommy_Hawk on Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

They really aren't going to do a damn thing, are they.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Are these dumb bastards seriously not going to do anything? They'll probably beat up on shitty ass Oakland and all will be well, until they play a real team again.
Let's get Tropical
Park Ranger

Post by Park Ranger »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:08 am Are these dumb bastards seriously not going to do anything? They'll probably beat up on shitty ass Oakland and all will be well, until they play a real team again.
It is very clear that the Twin attitude is we should all just be happy to be here.
They have done more to enhance the game experience with upgrades at the ballpark vs on the field.
That should tell us all something.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Santana should not be the everyday 1B. I don't care if he's a switch-hitter. He's cooked. Done.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

All of the comments from mid summer last year, already pertain to this spring.

That tells us all we need to know if Rocco's gonna be canned or not.
My body, my choice.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

:lol: