Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Latest Mock Penix to Minnesota!!!!!

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
D_H

Re: Latest Mock Penix to Minnesota!!!!!

Post by D_H »

Obi-Wan wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:40 pm I like penix. I only watched his passes vs Michigan. Barely missed a number of big throws in that game. Imo he has outstanding pocket awareness. When pressured he is able to throw the ball away or hit checkdown. I also read his sack to pressure rate is really low. He is more mobile and shifty than people give him credit for. Everyone knows about the arm strength. I

Best arm talent in the draft. Kurt Warner has them as his number three quarterback. Warren Moon has him as his number one quarterback. Someone’s gonna get a solid 10 year starter.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

D_H wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:28 pm
Obi-Wan wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:40 pm I like penix. I only watched his passes vs Michigan. Barely missed a number of big throws in that game. Imo he has outstanding pocket awareness. When pressured he is able to throw the ball away or hit checkdown. I also read his sack to pressure rate is really low. He is more mobile and shifty than people give him credit for. Everyone knows about the arm strength. I
Warner has them as his number three quarterback. Warren Moon has him as his number one quarterback. Someone’s gonna get a solid 10 year starter.
It's hilarious the one jackass thread gets locked, but yet he can literally post "Kurt Warner doesn't even have him on the board", or this variation of it for literally the 45th or 50th time. Banned hundreds and hundreds of times, but it's ok he do his job stop fishing and spamming here. Crazy.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

hategreenticemase wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:10 pm
Warner has them as his number three quarterback. Warren Moon has him as his number one quarterback. Someone’s gonna get a solid 10 year starter.
It's hilarious the one jackass thread gets locked, but yet he can literally post "Kurt Warner doesn't even have him on the board", or this variation of it for literally the 45th or 50th time. Banned hundreds and hundreds of times, but it's ok he do his job stop fishing and spamming here. Crazy.
You just bumped this thread that no one responded to over the last few days and just put it back to the top of the board… Why?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:15 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:10 pm
You just bumped this thread that no one responded to over the last few days and just put it back to the top of the board… Why?
Because it's fucking hilarious the one thread is locked and yet there are probably 45 of these same posts by this fucktard spamming the board with this garbage. As long as he is allowed to do this shit, I will call it out. But I can understand you asking, I mean know how you hate the board being spammed. :lol:
D_H

Post by D_H »

I don’t think he will last until 23. I would take him at 11 if he still there but here is an interesting read on Penix and Minnesota.

The Vikings parted with two second-round selections (one in 2024 and one in 2025) and a 2024 sixth-round pick to acquire the 23rd overall choice for the upcoming draft. While their initial plan may be to trade up into the top five to select a quarterback, if the Vikings don't like the terms for any deal to trade up, there's a chance they could stay put and end up with Penix at pick 23. 

Whatever quarterback the Vikings end up with will immediately have the best supporting cast of any 2024 rookie: 2022 Offensive Player of the Year Justin Jefferson, Pro Bowl running back Aaron Jones, two-time Pro Bowl tight end T.J. Hockenson and 2023 first-round wide receiver Jordan Addison. 

"It was great," Penix said at the NFL Scouting Combine when asked about his meeting with the Vikings. "I feel like that's a good organization over there. They show a lot of good things, got a lot of good players as well. I felt very confident in that meeting."
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

I really, really liked him all year. I soured on him a bit after he got affected by the hits against Michigan. He was rattled and it affected his accuracy. He WILL get hit like that in the NFL. It’s the nature of the game.

Otherwise, he’d be my QB3. I love what he can do with the football.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:23 pm I really, really liked him all year. I soured on him a bit after he got affected by the hits against Michigan. He was rattled and it affected his accuracy. He WILL get hit like that in the NFL. It’s the nature of the game.

QB3?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:25 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:23 pm I really, really liked him all year. I soured on him a bit after he got affected by the hits against Michigan. He was rattled and it affected his accuracy. He WILL get hit like that in the NFL. It’s the nature of the game.

QB3?
Yep. I don’t love Daniels build. I don’t know how long he’ll last taking the hits he takes.

But at least QB4.

- Isaac Asimov
witljon

Post by witljon »

We never really got to see McCarthy take hits from constant pressure because he had the luxury of handling it off regardless of the down or distance. But pretty any QB can be rattled.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

witljon wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 pm :ugeek:

We never really got to see McCarthy take hits from constant pressure because he had the luxury of handling it off regardless of the down or distance. But pretty any QB can be rattled.
I agree. Maybe I’m dinging Penix too much for that game. But he looked beaten. Like the will to win was pounded out of him. I’m sure he still wanted to win, but not as much as he wanted to avoid getting plastered again.

- Isaac Asimov
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

witljon wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 pm

This. Lets set what McCarty would have done having to chuck it all game with a defense like Michigans. I doubt that works out very well.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
D_H

Post by D_H »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 pm

I agree. Maybe I’m dinging Penix too much for that game. But he looked beaten. Like the will to win was pounded out of him. I’m sure he still wanted to win, but not as much as he wanted to avoid getting plastered again.

I get what you’re saying, but he still had a higher quarterback rating than McCarthy did & McCarthy was surrounded by 10 times The talent Penix was. Like I said before if the two quarterbacks switched teams, do you really think McCarthy could’ve carried Washington the national championship game?? Of course not that’s ridiculous.

If you wanna see someone rattled QB play pull up the Michigan Bowling Green game where JJ McCarthy threw three interceptions and it should’ve been five - he looked completely in over his skis against basically a division two team. HUGE red flag!
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

D_H wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 pm

I get what you’re saying, but he still had a higher quarterback rating than McCarthy did & McCarthy was surrounded by 10 times The talent Penix was. Like I said before if the two quarterbacks switched teams, do you really think McCarthy could’ve carried Washington the national championship game?? Of course not that’s ridiculous.

If you wanna see someone rattled QB play pull up the Michigan Bowling Green game where JJ McCarthy threw three interceptions and it should’ve been five - he looked completely in over his skis against basically a division two team. HUGE red flag!
3 interceptions versus Bowling Green you say?

I’d never heard that before…

- Isaac Asimov
D_H

Post by D_H »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 pm
D_H wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 pm

3 interceptions versus Bowling Green you say?

I’d never heard that before…

Actually, should’ve been five - it was really a pathetic performance against basically division two team. I encourage you to pull up the tape. It looked like Christian ponder against the 85 Bears. Lol
witljon

Post by witljon »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:36 pm

This. Lets set what McCarty would have done having to chuck it all game with a defense like Michigans. I doubt that works out very well.
In that championship game Penix passed for 255 yards compared to McCarthys 140 because Michigans 303 rushing yards to Washington’s 46 rushing yards.
D_H

Post by D_H »

witljon wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 pm

In that championship game Penix passed for 255 yards compared to McCarthys 140 because Michigans 303 rushing yards to Washington’s 46 rushing yards.
It was obvious the head coach did not trust JJ McCarthy that game.

What was your favorite JJ McCarthy moment last year?

Throwing 3 interceptions against division two bowling Green?

Only allowed to pass the ball 8× one game?

The head coach putting in the shackles on him in the national championship game?

Lol

I believe the hype is just coming from his camp NFL people do not think that highly of him - if he goes in the first round, whichever team drafts him, the entire front office and coaching staff will be gone in two years
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

D_H wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 pm
witljon wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 pm

It was obvious the head coach did not trust JJ McCarthy that game.

What was your favorite JJ McCarthy moment last year?

Throwing 3 interceptions against division two bowling Green?

Only allowed to pass the ball 8× one game?

The head coach putting in the shackles on him in the national championship game?

Lol

I believe the hype is just coming from his camp NFL people do not think that highly of him - if he goes in the first round, whichever team drafts him, the entire front office and coaching staff will be gone in two years
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 pm
I'm really intrigued by Penix....If we could get him at 23 I'd consider it!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
witljon

Post by witljon »

Hornets wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 pm I'm really intrigued by Penix....If we could get him at 23 I'd consider it!
The rumored trade of picks 11, 23, and next years 1st for a top 5 pick or take a top defensive player at 11 and Penix at 23? For me it’s easy, keep our picks.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

witljon wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 pm
Hornets wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 pm I'm really intrigued by Penix....If we could get him at 23 I'd consider it!
The rumored trade of picks 11, 23, and next years 1st for a top 5 pick or take a top defensive player at 11 and Penix at 23? For me it’s easy, keep our picks.
SUCH a dilemma. If you were absolutely convinced that one of those top guys are generational type players then I'm ok with going for it. But if you don't have that conviction, then keep the picks.....I think! :lol:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
cdr2529

Post by cdr2529 »

I said it and I will say it again if I can't get Daniels I will stay at 11 and pick Penix there and get someone at 23 and I will never draft McCarthy!
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Trade up for Maye of possible and if not, you sit back and use your 2 1sts.

I do believe Maye will be a Viking though with a NE trade. I believe the deal is already done as long as Maye is there at #3.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
cdr2529

Post by cdr2529 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 pm Trade up for Maye of possible and if not, you sit back and use your 2 1sts.

I do believe Maye will be a Viking though with a NE trade. I believe the deal is already done as long as Maye is there at #3.
I would trade up for Daniels as well. If he is number three I will give up my two picks for him. People think that Penix will be there @ 23 is foolish
cdr2529

Post by cdr2529 »

cdr2529 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 pm Trade up for Maye of possible and if not, you sit back and use your 2 1sts.

I would trade up for Daniels as well. If he is number three I will give up my two picks for him. People think that Penix will be there @ 23 is foolish
If you like both Maye and Daniels then you can make the trade today because if the commanders want Maye then you pick Daniels and vice versus That is why the third pick is pivotal so that trade can be done today.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

You take Penix at 11 in that case.
Don't try to get cute.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
cdr2529

Post by cdr2529 »

Oriole81 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:14 pm

Don't try to get cute.
agree!
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Dem hands doe.

This playa gonna grip it and rip it.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Don't try to get cute.
You talk about value all the time, and you want to take a 2nd round guy at 11? That would be fn nauseating.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

hategreenticemase wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:14 am

Don't try to get cute.
You talk about value all the time, and you want to take a 2nd round guy at 11? That would be fn nauseating.
The ideal way to play that scenario out would be to have them equally happy with either Penix or Nix so that you can defer the choice until later and be content with whichever you end up with, but if they're out on Nix, then Penix is the last legit starting option in the draft. Considering there are multiple QB needy teams drafting between 12 and 22, I don't think there's another option but to take him at 11.

There won't be that big of a dropoff in the quality of defensive player for us at 11 vs 23. In the froob draft Murphy, Newton, McKinstry and Dejean were all available at 23, and any of them for the Vikes would have been a great pick.

I'm not saying this is my first choice. My ideal would be to move up to 4/5 for QB4 at an amount that doesn't cost us next year's 1st.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis