Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

How many UND Complaining Sue fans tonight?

Home for Gopher Hockey
WannaBeProGolferGuy

How many UND Complaining Sue fans tonight?

Post by WannaBeProGolferGuy »

The following may or may not be accurate, however, I have been told by UND hockey fans they are the most loyal fans in ALL of college hockey and they simply enjoy the game. Regardless if UND wins or loses, thus they can snub their Nose at Gopher fans. Basically, they love the game

So watching the NCHC championship game tonight at the Excel Energy Center, it appears there is a lack of UND presence at the game. UNO vs. Denver.

So has UND hockey gone soft?
WannaBeProGolferGuy

Re: How many UND Complaining Sue fans tonight?

Hmmm, I just had a thought. Is it possible that UND hockey fans only attend post-season games in which UND actually plays? And they are not the proclaimed Best and most loyal college hockey fans they claim to be? So, for example, since UNO scored more goals last night than UND, then, wouldn't it be logical/reasonable the "best hockey fans" attend the championship game of DU vs UNO since you know the best college hockey fans in Canada ( errr. North Dakota who is Canada's retarded cousin). Therefore, shouldn't Xcel Energy center be sold out with UND fans tonight? Cause, you know the best college hockey fans.

Or, are they as fickel as Gopher fan?
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

WannaBeProGolferGuy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:25 pm Hmmm, I just had a thought. Is it possible that UND hockey fans only attend post-season games in which UND actually plays? And they are not the proclaimed Best and most loyal college hockey fans they claim to be? So, for example, since UNO scored more goals last night than UND, then, wouldn't it be logical/reasonable the "best hockey fans" attend the championship game of DU vs UNO since you know the best college hockey fans in Canada ( errr. North Dakota who is Canada's retarded cousin). Therefore, shouldn't Xcel Energy center be sold out with UND fans tonight? Cause, you know the best college hockey fans.

Or, are they as fickel as Gopher fan?
The attendance of all games ended with the final five. And that goes for fans of most teams.
There were zero gopher fans at the opening of the big 10 tourney 10 years ago at the x.
opening teams was OSU vs Michigan. They might have had 1000 fans and I was one of them that day.

WCHA final five play in game on Thursday always had a min of 15K no matter who was playing.

I will say this weekend was a low count for sioux fans. I know many are hoping for a return trip in 3 weeks for the frozen four.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Slap Shot wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:42 pm
nothing will be worse then the WCHA fucking up the final 5 poster with North Dakota State under the sioux picture.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Sellingguy wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:00 pm
nothing will be worse then the WCHA fucking up the final 5 poster with North Dakota State under the sioux picture.
I still have that Red Baron poster and it's an all-timer.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Slap Shot wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:14 pm
I had it and several corrected ones they sent me. I put a bunch of stuff in a buddies building and the roof leaked right on that box. I was bummed out.
Tundra Scout

Post by Tundra Scout »

I’m no UND fan but the Ralph is unbelievable

https://youtu.be/TIXjSFd-Mhc?si=UOuUShLFuAO_qOqB
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Tundra Scout wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:30 am I’m no UND fan but the Ralph is unbelievable

https://youtu.be/TIXjSFd-Mhc?si=UOuUShLFuAO_qOqB
My first visit was early 2000's. Gopher series which the gophers swept.

Saturday we went to the rink about 10ish to pick up some stuff from the sioux shop.
We are standing outside taking pictures and this old guy yells over from the doors. Asks if we are
getting good shots. I walk over and Earl Strinden **his grandson is on this years team**
Earl is a long time family friend, my brothers worked for him. He pretty popular guy, state senator, alum pres, ralphs good friend. He also has the keys to the building. He holds up the key ring and asks if we have time to see the entire building. Both teams were in the rink for their morning skate as well. He walked us right into both team locker rooms, gophers had just finished their skate, team meeting going on!
My buddy is a gopher fan, so he had his hat on! Sioux players gave him shit.

After the full hockey rink tour he brought us over to the basketball building. He wanted to show us that too.
The basketball team at the time had about a 30 x 30 ft weight room. As Im sure you see in the video, the hockey teams work out area is huge!!!!

We end up back at the sioux shop were Earl tells his wife who is working in there to give us 40% off anything we want. I asked if they had anything special. They had a few of the prints from the opening night game vs the gophers. Signed by the artist and 5 players. It hangs at my sons house.

My last trip up I scored one of the original logo golf bags. They did not have any on the floor. I had to ask and they said they were not selling what they had left. This was just as the logo issue was coming to a head.
I told them to call Earl! Not only did I get the bag, I got 50% off because my nephew worked at the rink.

Now, as cool as that building, the best place to watch gopher vs sioux is this order.
X
The John
The Ralph.

We need them both to win for a Thursday Semi match up in 2 weeks!
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Gophers-Whioux games at Williams Arena have to rank up there.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Slap Shot wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 pm Gophers-Whioux games at Williams Arena have to rank up there.
yeah the old barn was fun. i sat in the student section with my game used sioux road jersey on a few times!
Very popular choice!
WannaBeProGolferGuy

Slap Shot wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:14 pm
In honor of that great poster, I purchased a few Red Baron frozen pizza's to enjoy this evening
WannaBeProGolferGuy

In the spirit of 100% transparency to not poke fun at only UND fans, lets move onto the delusion of fans from "the alleged State of Hockey" who are immediately triggered when TV announcers mention hockey players from states other than Minnesota.

This rig is so so so triggered that he had to reference back to 1980 USA Mens Olympic Hockey Roster. As Common would say, Sad Really
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Wolverines knock UND outta the tournament. Jason Blake tried to cheap shot a Michigan player as time expired and ended up getting hurt himself....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

WannaBeProGolferGuy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:46 pm In the spirit of 100% transparency to not poke fun at only UND fans, lets move onto the delusion of fans from "the alleged State of Hockey" who are immediately triggered when TV announcers mention hockey players from states other than Minnesota.

This rig is so so so triggered that he had to reference back to 1980 USA Mens Olympic Hockey Roster. As Common would say, Sad Really
He did go a little over the top, but he replied to a tweet that included a scene from Miracle in which a player said, "A lot of guys from Boston and Minnesota.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

well, that sucked.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Sorry have to: