Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Twins 2023 W/L Predictions Thread***

A place to discuss the MN Twins
Tommy_Hawk

***Official Twins 2023 W/L Predictions Thread***

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Alright boys. Time to lay down your prognostications on how well or poorly the season will go. I know Rocco himself has killed Twins Chat, singlehandedly but for those of us that remain, let's get in touch with our inner-Miss Cleo and put our fan cards and reputations on the line.

Hell yeah, it's baseball season!
Last edited by Tommy_Hawk on Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Tommy_Hawk

Re: ***Official Twins 2023 W/L Predictions Thread***

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

93-69

I think the club finishes strongly despite Rocco's ineptitude. I think they stay healthy compared to last season, and the cavalry of healing players arriving will help as the season progresses. I think Falvine makes a significant move at the Deadline and moves a top Prospect for a big name. I think the Twins finish 2nd in the Central but win a playoff series.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

The good: The rotation is as deep as I can remember in 40+ years following the Twinkies. It's not top-heavy though, there's still no ace/losing streak stopper in there. Same with the pen. Duran is well on his way, but he's not elite yet, but there's some good arms there. Larnach and Miranda had good springs, there's an opportunity for both those guys to make a pretty big jump offensively.

The bad: Team health. Seriously, WTF? Two guys (Polanco and Kiriloff) starting on the IL after missing the end of last season. Polanco's knee was that bad and they didn't explore any sort of surgical repair in the offseason? Baffling. And they traded Arraez (because he doesn't have a set position), but he's at least competent and the two positions that they're going to have to mix and match because those two guys are already hurt? Couple that with handing out a massive contract to a guy that two teams backed away from, Buxton apparently being only an occasional center fielder and your other corner outfielders coming off injuries as well, and there's a lot of finger crossing going on, hoping the injury bug stays away.

All things considered, I still think there's enough there for the team to finish about .500

82-80 (Fire Baldummy!)
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Good points mentioned above. Defensively, the Twins look really good on paper. I'm cautiously optimistic with the offensive and finally the Twins have some depth to the pitching staff and bullpen.

I'm concerned with how management and the medical staff is going to handle injuries. This team is made of glass and it's going to rear its ugly head in the dog days of August.

Take into account Rocco's in-game management decisions will cost the team a few wins and I think it's a repeat of last year where they lead the division most of the year, come up just short at the end to either CLE or CWS, and do not make the playoffs.

88-74
dennis1

Post by dennis1 »

Let's hope Rocco was serious about letting starters go longer. I'll go with 90-72, and losing in the ALCS.
Self High-Five

Post by Self High-Five »

Last year I had them under .500

Like everyone else has said, if they stay healthy.

This year I'm going with 85-77.
"Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such." - Homer Simpson
NY_Derek

Post by NY_Derek »

82-80

Hope it’s more wins however! :thumbsup:
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

84, 88 if Rocco let's the starting pitchers cook.
Let's get Tropical
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

76 wins
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

I hope you'll take my prediction after one game. 89-73.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:49 pm I hope you'll take my prediction after one game. 89-73.
Yeah of course.

Now I'm just waiting on Jackazz and Corre Ricky Corre to throw their hats in the ring.

I think Salamander is a Mets fan now because they have the highest payroll in baseball and thinks winning is the only reason to be a fan of a team.

SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

I’ll go with 90 wins. I’m cautiously optimistic about this team, which I haven’t been in years
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

86-74
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Nobody got it on the nuts, but Caleb and Hornets were off by one game. Edge to Caleb because pretty sure the Twins win yesterday if they give a damn.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

feekdogg wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:51 am Nobody got it on the nuts, but Caleb and Hornets were off by one game. Edge to Caleb because pretty sure the Twins win yesterday if they give a damn.
:thumbsup:

Edge back to Hornets because I was WAY off on CLE and CWS :lol:
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

I just came here to bump. Well done fellas!

boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

ForCaleb wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:21 am
feekdogg wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:51 am Nobody got it on the nuts, but Caleb and Hornets were off by one game. Edge to Caleb because pretty sure the Twins win yesterday if they give a damn.

but you also nailed the August injuries lol. but it didnt rear its ugly head, they played better!
salamander

Post by salamander »

This is it guys!! 20 consecutive playoff loses!!! We can do it!
#Historic
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

boxter432 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:48 pm
ForCaleb wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:21 am

but you also nailed the August injuries lol. but it didnt rear its ugly head, they played better!
Rocco pushed all the right buttons. Definitely wasn’t expecting that!
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:24 am Alright boys. Time to lay down your prognostications on how well or poorly the season will go. I know Rocco himself has killed Twins Chat, singlehandedly but for those of us that remain, let's get in touch with our inner-Miss Cleo and put our fan cards and reputations on the line.

Hell yeah, it's baseball season!
TOMMMMMMMY!!!!! We're waiting for the 2024 prediction thread!!!