Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Darnold to Vikings 1 year 10 million ***Everything Darnold Thread***

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Obi-Wan

Re: Darnold to Vikings 1 year 10 million ***Everything Darnold Thread***

Post by Obi-Wan »

TheLokNesMonster wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:08 am
-VikingsTw- wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:15 pm
The Lizard King wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:36 pm

I'm a Raiders fan (poor me), but I at least celebrated 3 SB wins early in my life.

My wife is a Vikings fan (poor her).

The last Vikings team that I saw on the field that was completely DOMINATE was that 1998 team -- they would've won the SB that year if it wasn't for a bad kick.

Sam Darnold played college football at my alma mater -- I've watched every collegiate game he's ever played. He's a stud.
:thumbsup:
What if Darnold turns out to be an exact replica of Kirk Cousins? Would Vikes fans be okay with that?

They’re still quite clearly positioned to get a top QB this draft too.

Would Vikes fans be disappointed if Darnold turns out to be a solid QB and they spent all that capital on a guy they ultimately didn’t need?

Anyway. I hope in one way, shape, or form, the Vikes solve their QB situation for the foreseeable future.
Cousins replica for 10 million is a good deal. Franchise and trade. Good problem to have.
The Lizard King

Post by The Lizard King »

"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." - KDC
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Saw this today talking about Darnold being the starter:
https://sports.yahoo.com/why-root-circu ... 28649.html

“Why to root for 'circumstantial' QB Darnold”
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Sammy D is going to be a BEAST.

Only thing that worries me is this kid spins it and the Vikings get rid of him after a year to start the new guy because they invested so much in him and he’s an absolute bust. This would be so Vikings.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:05 pm Sammy D is going to be a BEAST.

Only thing that worries me is this kid spins it and the Vikings get rid of him after a year to start the new guy because they invested so much in him and he’s an absolute bust. This would be so Vikings.
Sam Darnold sees ghosts on the field. He’s not good bruh…
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Small Hands wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:30 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:05 pm Sammy D is going to be a BEAST.

You know that whole “Sees ghosts” thing was taken out of context right? That has been explained many times on radio shows etc. You can find it on YouTube. It was something the Jets players used to say in practice and it turned into a major saying. They got him on the mic saying that part and nothing else after he was having a terrible game.

Darnold is still salty with how they did him dirty on that edit.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Small Hands wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:30 am

Pssst, he doesn't really think Darnold will be a beast. :lol:
Offsides 97 defense

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

I am interested in seeing what this kid can do as well. He is just as old as Mond and was a top-three pick. I won't say he's never had a chance, but he has never had a chance like this.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"
The Lizard King

"When Sam Darnold's career unraveled." Analysis by Football Doesn't Matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQSfmmjts2I
"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." - KDC
SuperFroob

Post by SuperFroob »

The Lizard King wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:28 am "When Sam Darnold's career unraveled." Analysis by Football Doesn't Matter.

Maybe with a better team and coaching he will not trust his pre-snap reads as much?
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

Obi-Wan wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 am
TheLokNesMonster wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:08 am
-VikingsTw- wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:15 pm

:thumbsup:
What if Darnold turns out to be an exact replica of Kirk Cousins? Would Vikes fans be okay with that?

They’re still quite clearly positioned to get a top QB this draft too.

Would Vikes fans be disappointed if Darnold turns out to be a solid QB and they spent all that capital on a guy they ultimately didn’t need?

Anyway. I hope in one way, shape, or form, the Vikes solve their QB situation for the foreseeable future.
Cousins replica for 10 million is a good deal. Franchise and trade. Good problem to have.
We replaced Darn Old with Darnold.
The Lizard King

SuperFroob wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:39 am
The Lizard King wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:28 am "When Sam Darnold's career unraveled." Analysis by Football Doesn't Matter.

Maybe with a better team and coaching he will not trust his pre-snap reads as much?

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

Join us, Uce.

https://www.reddit.com/r/the_darnold/
Thank you… fuck you… bye!
PurpleValhalla

Post by PurpleValhalla »

I keep getting a strange feeling that Darnold could be the guy. What if we draft a QB at 23, but Darnold explodes this year in our system? Hopefully he agrees to an extension at that point
The Lizard King

PurpleValhalla wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:27 pm I keep getting a strange feeling that Darnold could be the guy. What if we draft a QB at 23, but Darnold explodes this year in our system? Hopefully he agrees to an extension at that point
If/When Darnold succeeds, I think that he will want to stay in a system that helps him succeed for the future. He's been on too many crappy teams to just go for the biggest contract IMO.
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

I truly do hope that Darnold excels and has an excellent year. I gotta see it before I will believe it is possible.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

PurpleValhalla wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:27 pm I keep getting a strange feeling that Darnold could be the guy. What if we draft a QB at 23, but Darnold explodes this year in our system? Hopefully he agrees to an extension at that point
You can then trade the guy you drafted at 23.
You probably won’t get commensurate value, but it should still be enough to get you a starting caliber prospect.

That’s a good problem to have.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
The Lizard King

minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

Oriole81 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:23 pm
You probably won’t get commensurate value, but it should still be enough to get you a starting caliber prospect.

Or even if you can't keep Darnold, the bigger deal is that it would confirm KOC as a QB recognitionist and corpse reviver. He could always grab another Darnold type project that some other team ruined... or the guy that gets drafted is almost a lock to succeed as well!

That would be kinda nice for a change.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

minnemike wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:36 pm
Oriole81 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:23 pm

Or even if you can't keep Darnold, the bigger deal is that it would confirm KOC as a QB recognitionist and corpse reviver. He could always grab another Darnold type project that some other team ruined... or the guy that gets drafted is almost a lock to succeed as well!

That would be kinda nice for a change.
Oh for sure. Getting that confirmation would be HUGE, and would go a long way towards keeping a window perennially open.
You can also franchise and trade Darnold so that you are assured you get something for him, but the OP specifically brought up us going the re-sign Darnold angle.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis