Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official 2023-24 Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Home for Gopher Hockey
Hornets

Re: ***Official 2023-24 Gopher Hockey GDT's & chat***

Post by Hornets »

Welp, here we are nearly a year after the devastating national championship loss to Quinnepiac. The Rodents have not played well down the stretch and it's hard for me to believe that this is a team built for a title. The Gophs are clearly more talented than Nebraska Omaha and I'll be extremely disappointed if we don't get the "W". Despite losing a boatload of talent there are several returning players from last year who should have a chip on their shoulders and be determined to give it all they got. Close has to be on his "A" game or you can forget about a title. Snuggy HAS to get back to form and get back to form NOW. GOT to be disciplined and stay out of the damn box and HAVE to take advantage of any PP opportunity that they have.

I'll go with a score of Minny 4 Nebraska 3.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

Hornets wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:34 pm Welp, here we are nearly a year after the devastating national championship loss to Quinnepiac. The Rodents have not played well down the stretch and it's hard for me to believe that this is a team built for a title. The Gophs are clearly more talented than Nebraska Omaha and I'll be extremely disappointed if we don't get the "W". Despite losing a boatload of talent there are several returning players from last year who should have a chip on their shoulders and be determined to give it all they got. Close has to be on his "A" game or you can forget about a title. Snuggy HAS to get back to form and get back to form NOW. GOT to be disciplined and stay out of the damn box and HAVE to take advantage of any PP opportunity that they have.

Do you follow the coachs shows or anything from the U? I just do not get why he changed lines late in the year.
Oliver/snugs/Pick was a lethal line.
Omaha is going to come out hitting and hitting hard. That is how they play. And they have some good players. Minnesota has to use its speed in this one and not let Omahas hard play get to them.
I think the game comes down to the PP and who can stay out of the box. Omaha is going to push buttons.
Gophs have to not react.

Sioux vs Michigan will be similar. It all comes down to staying out of the box. And I am worried Blake is going to get his first DIVING call this weekend. He has to lead the country in calls made on plays against him.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sellingguy wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 am
Hornets wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:34 pm Welp, here we are nearly a year after the devastating national championship loss to Quinnepiac. The Rodents have not played well down the stretch and it's hard for me to believe that this is a team built for a title. The Gophs are clearly more talented than Nebraska Omaha and I'll be extremely disappointed if we don't get the "W". Despite losing a boatload of talent there are several returning players from last year who should have a chip on their shoulders and be determined to give it all they got. Close has to be on his "A" game or you can forget about a title. Snuggy HAS to get back to form and get back to form NOW. GOT to be disciplined and stay out of the damn box and HAVE to take advantage of any PP opportunity that they have.

Do you follow the coachs shows or anything from the U? I just do not get why he changed lines late in the year.
Omaha is going to come out hitting and hitting hard. That is how they play. And they have some good players. Minnesota has to use its speed in this one and not let Omahas hard play get to them.
I think the game comes down to the PP and who can stay out of the box. Omaha is going to push buttons.
Gophs have to not react.

Sioux vs Michigan will be similar. It all comes down to staying out of the box. And I am worried Blake is going to get his first DIVING call this weekend. He has to lead the country in calls made on plays against him.
Not sure about the line change reasoning but I'll put my faith in Motz that he'll make the right moves tonight and as long as they're still playing. I'm hoping the all senior line of Brodz, Nevers, and Nelson have a big game tonight and going forward....
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Denver did not look sharp in their 2 ot win.

The kid from Boston U is unreal. 17 years old, going to be number 1 pick. Watch 71 BU. They are up on RIT 4-2 late in the 2nd.
WannaBeProGolferGuy

Post by WannaBeProGolferGuy »

I am not too optimistic the Gophers win the Sioux Falls Regional. As a matter of fact, the game tonight vs UNO has gotten me nervous. I watched the UNO game last Friday vs the 25 year Old Canadians and UNO dominated UND in all facets of the game. I saw a stat that Omaha was undefeated in their last 16 games (excluding their loss to DU in the NCHC championship game)

Let's face it, Gophers haven't looked all that great the last few weeks. Saturday playoff game vs Penn State was awful and they were outplayed periods 2 and 3. They got lucky a PSU player lost an edge an turned the puck over and to the Gophers credit they scored to win. But, still outplayed and outshot badly.

Watching BU vs RIT, BU players and coaches are pissed they are not playing well but still up 5-2.

If, and this a big if, the gophers win tonight. I can't see them beating BU Saturday. BU wants revenge from last years 6-2 drubbing in the Frozen 4.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

WannaBeProGolferGuy wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 pm I am not too optimistic the Gophers win the Sioux Falls Regional. As a matter of fact, the game tonight vs UNO has gotten me nervous. I watched the UNO game last Friday vs the 25 year Old Canadians and UNO dominated UND in all facets of the game. I saw a stat that Omaha was undefeated in their last 16 games (excluding their loss to DU in the NCHC championship game)

Let's face it, Gophers haven't looked all that great the last few weeks. Saturday playoff game vs Penn State was awful and they were outplayed periods 2 and 3. They got lucky a PSU player lost an edge an turned the puck over and to the Gophers credit they scored to win. But, still outplayed and outshot badly.

Watching BU vs RIT, BU players and coaches are pissed they are not playing well but still up 5-2.

If, and this a big if, the gophers win tonight. I can't see them beating BU Saturday. BU wants revenge from last years 6-2 drubbing in the Frozen 4.
I had already forgotten who we beat to get to the title game...yeah, there would definitely be some payback wanted by BU.

Just about time to drop the puck! GO GOPHERS!!!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Boy Motz is a funny lookin guy....
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Both teams feelin each other out to start....
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

that was a bs 5 min call. IMO, not even a call since the player was so low.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sellingguy wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 pm that was a bs 5 min call. IMO, not even a call since the player was so low.
I mostly agree, but I think Chesley could have avoided that kind of contact with a little more discipline...either way it's a HUGE opportunity for Omaha.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

And there's an Omaha goal and they STILL have lots of PP time left....this is a potential disaster.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

UNREAL...Gophs absolutely could not get the f'n puck out of their end for about 3 straight minutes. Very uninspiring effort so far and someone needs to step up and be a leader. Omaha just clanks one off the crossbar and it was almost 2-0
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Several good chances and the boys seem to finally be moving their legs....and now WE get a PP opportunity!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

JIMMY CLARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TIE GAME!!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Gophs take control of the last half of the period and it pays off with Clarks goal. HUGE advantage being tied instead of down 1 as Omaha won't be able to go into a defensive shell. Maybe all the games Omaha had to play the last 2 weeks will have them worn down for period 3.....
WannaBeProGolferGuy

Post by WannaBeProGolferGuy »

OK, soooo, I am not the greatest college hockey mind in the Western Hemisphere, but, after UNO scored that 1st goal it kinda sorta felt like the Gophers pretty much tilted the ice towards UNO and carried the pace of play? It seems as if the Gophers are "playing their game" which is push the clutch in and shift into 5th gear and go full throttle.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

It's a one period game now boys....who is up to being a hero??
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Uh boy....Mittlestadt poops his pants and Mueller gives Omaha a 2-1 lead. UGH
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

JAXON NELSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2-2
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Nail biting time....tied with 5 to go!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

NELSON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3-2 Gophs!!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

OH MY GOSH! Omaha SO close to tying it up....how in the world did they not score??!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Hornets wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 pm
Sellingguy wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 am

Gophs have to not react.

Not sure about the line change reasoning but I'll put my faith in Motz that he'll make the right moves tonight and as long as they're still playing. I'm hoping the all senior line of Brodz, Nevers, and Nelson have a big game tonight and going forward....
BUMP!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Got the job done against a solid Omaha team but will need a better effort Saturday night if they hope to make it to St. Paul.....
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Minnesota +130
Boston University -166

Be nice to have that Cooley guy right now.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

I thought the Gophers played it close to the vest too early for my liking, and then having 7-minutes of PK time slowed them down further. Luckily Close kept them in the game and once they found their legs they were the better team.

Can't afford a similar start vs BU who can score in bunches. If the Gophers limit PK time, play team defense up and down the ice and bust their ass for every loose-puck I like their chance to do some damage against a very offensive minded team.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

71 for boston U is going to be tough to stop.

During yesterdays game i kinda kept a eye on him vs the play. He is a full step ahead of everyone on the ice even without the puck.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

They are getting up to $700 bucks for the 3 game package in St Louis!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Gophs have GOT to get more from Snuggy, Pitlick, and Moore Saturday.