Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

TJ Warren

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
somuchyummy

TJ Warren

Post by somuchyummy »

Signed, sealed and delivered - he passed his physical and the medicals look good. 10 day contract.

OK - I'm just venturing out on a hopeful limb here. He's a 30 year old player - with just 46 games played in the last 3 years. Injuries and also being out of the league - the hopeful spin is that, yeah, he's a 30 year old player who has had hardly any tread taken off the tires since the 2019-20 season. He says he feels 100% healthy. 236 career starts and nearly a career 15 ppg average. A single game high of 53.

Wouldn't it just be the coolest if TJ was real - appreciated the second chance - and becomes that 2nd bench scorer we so badly need going forward into next season? HE becomes Jaden's backup next year -and, on nights when JM has zero offense, we've got a viable weapon off the bench for some pop.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
BBG

Re: TJ Warren

Post by BBG »

I'm excited. He was a factor during the covid year but has looked meh the past few seasons.

He fits the profile of our team so that's encouraging. I hope he gets some minutes and carves out a little role.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

We got him.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
RC3

Post by RC3 »

There was a time when he was very good. Worth a shot.
reddish?

I will have my vengeance.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

RC3 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:31 pm There was a time when he was very good. Worth a shot.
‘Very good’ is a stretch but I wish him the best. Curious if he ends up being retained as a vet minimum contract next year after they likely jettison Kyle.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

TJ Warren is a good roll of the dice. I just hope we actually let him play.

With Karl out next game, there are a bunch more bench minutes available.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Never heard of him....should I be excited about this?
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

You could do worse than TJ Warren. And we have with Justin Jackson recently.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Hornets wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:54 pm Never heard of him....should I be excited about this?
You should be on your rooftop with a megaphone as I type this.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:38 pm Signed, sealed and delivered - he passed his physical and the medicals look good. 10 day contract.

OK - I'm just venturing out on a hopeful limb here. He's a 30 year old player - with just 46 games played in the last 3 years. Injuries and also being out of the league - the hopeful spin is that, yeah, he's a 30 year old player who has had hardly any tread taken off the tires since the 2019-20 season. He says he feels 100% healthy. 236 career starts and nearly a career 15 ppg average. A single game high of 53.

Wouldn't it just be the coolest if TJ was real - appreciated the second chance - and becomes that 2nd bench scorer we so badly need going forward into next season? HE becomes Jaden's backup next year -and, on nights when JM has zero offense, we've got a viable weapon off the bench for some pop.
With the Suns he was a good offensive player, horrible defender. Personally i’d rather see Garza get more minutes for the scoring bench role, but can’t hurt to kick the tires on Warren.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

aztimberwolves wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:34 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:38 pm Signed, sealed and delivered - he passed his physical and the medicals look good. 10 day contract.

With the Suns he was a good offensive player, horrible defender. Personally i’d rather see Garza get more minutes for the scoring bench role, but can’t hurt to kick the tires on Warren.
his last full year (2019-20), he averaged 19.8 ppg. the year before 18.0. the year before that 19.6. he's put points on the board in the NBA, and better yet, he usually gets them on his own.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Abe Froman »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:49 pm TJ Warren is a good roll of the dice. I just hope we actually let him play.

Wait.. what did I miss? Why is Karl out?
I made this!
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:52 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:49 pm TJ Warren is a good roll of the dice. I just hope we actually let him play.

“Knee soreness”

Not too much info beyond that. Hopefully nothing serious.

- Isaac Asimov
Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Abe Froman »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:56 pm

“Knee soreness”

Hopefully not.... Ant better show up...

Wonder why bring in Warren over calling up Miller and just giving him some NBA mins?
I made this!
PanicWolf

Post by PanicWolf »

20 games left going into the playoffs as the potential 1 seed not the ideal time for player development. I wish they would have got him involved earlier in the year.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

TJ Warren at PF. I guess it makes sense to give KAT relief??
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:03 pm

“Knee soreness”

Hopefully not.... Ant better show up...

Wonder why bring in Warren over calling up Miller and just giving him some NBA mins?
I don't think the Warren move and the Towns injury are connected like that. I think it’s coincidental timing.

- Isaac Asimov
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

aztimberwolves wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:34 pm

I like Garza, but he’s really just the token human victory cigar.
Lightning
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by Lightning »

“Knee soreness”

Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Lightning wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:11 am

“Knee soreness”

Saw that.

Bummer.

- Isaac Asimov
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

TJ hasn't exactly been killing it on the court - 4 ppg over 14 mpg and a couple three DNP-CDs - shooting just 38% overall and 18% from three - SO- I have to think he's a great hard-working vet dude who all the players like and he helps in the locker room for team chem. I'm good with that.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Probably fits in really well as a lockerroom guy.