Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Kyle Murray

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
cdr2529

Kyle Murray

Post by cdr2529 »

If possible would you guys be willing to trade for him if it's not too much draft capital?
Steve Winwood

Re: Kyle Murray

Post by Steve Winwood »

Who is Kyle Murray?
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

He makes $35 mil per season?

Personally I still want to see KOC develop his guy at QB and not another "can he make a guy with a low ceiling better?" type of thing. I also would rather have them spend that money on a team badly needed to resign some guys and fill holes.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

minnemike wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:07 am He makes $35 mil per season?

Personally I still want to see KOC develop his guy at QB and not another "can he make a guy with a low ceiling better?" type of thing. I also would rather have them spend that money on a team badly needed to resign some guys and fill holes.
Like maybe the Chargers?! Herbert with JJ would be amazing
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

It's not a very good market to trade a QB right now.
Fields went for a future conditional 6th and Pickett/Howell ended up just being very small pick swaps.

In this market, they may have to "Osweiler" Murray in order to find a taker.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Well they have some of that with Sam Darnold this season.
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

mlhouse wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:22 am

Well they have some of that with Sam Darnold this season.
Right. They already have that guy at $24 mil less.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

I’d rather go after John Allen or Jay Burrow.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:32 am I’d rather go after John Allen or Jay Burrow.
I thought we had something with that John Allen Booty guy
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Steve Winwood

Post by Steve Winwood »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:32 am I’d rather go after John Allen or Jay Burrow.
100% agree. Thank God for the real NFL insiders to give us a grasp of what's going on behind the scenes.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Steve Winwood wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:35 am
100% agree. Thank God for the real NFL insiders to give us a grasp of what's going on behind the scenes.
It’s almost like they give us a “Higher Love.”
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Steve Winwood

Post by Steve Winwood »

😂
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

Steve Winwood wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 am Who is Kyle Murray?
I found him.

-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

I ain't into the pouty and bad body language. Way to many questions about his commitment to the grind.

Very talented though and fun to watch.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm I ain't into the pouty and bad body language. Way to many questions about his commitment to the grind.

What I don't understand with Murray is that he was also considered a top level baseball prospect, and many thought he would have better success in baseball.
How does a guy become a top level prospect in two sports, especially one like baseball that is far more skill based vs natural athleticism based, yet have questions about his work ethic, commitment and professional intelligence?

That never made sense to me.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

William Munny wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:20 pm
Steve Winwood wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 am Who is Kyle Murray?
I found him.

I bet he has a real strong Wonderlic
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Ish.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Oriole81 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:27 pm
-VikingsTw- wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm I ain't into the pouty and bad body language. Way to many questions about his commitment to the grind.

What I don't understand with Murray is that he was also considered a top level baseball prospect, and many thought he would have better success in baseball.
How does a guy become a top level prospect in two sports, especially one like baseball that is far more skill based vs natural athleticism based, yet have questions about his work ethic, commitment and professional intelligence?

It comes down to god given natural talent.

You give 20 guys a guitar and lessons... A couple of them will be way better naturally but it doesn't mean they have a passion for playing the instrument.

I was just listening to a podcast on this, I wished I could repost it for you but it was ex players talking about guys with god given talent but didn't really have the passion. They were still really good but not near as good as they could have been if they truly loved the game.

Some guys can just be on cruise control and make a bunch of money doing it.
cdr2529

Post by cdr2529 »

Passion? Y'all do realize he was playing with the Cardinals and look at the weapons he will have on the Vikings offense versus the cardinals
Last edited by cdr2529 on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:57 pm

You give 20 guys a guitar and lessons... A couple of them will be way better naturally but it doesn't mean they have a passion for playing the instrument.

I was just listening to a podcast on this, I wished I could repost it for you but it was ex players talking about guys with god given talent but didn't really have the passion. They were still really good but not near as good as they could have been if they truly loved the game.

Yep.

As someone who has a bunch of god given talent, I can confirm.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

cdr2529 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:02 pm Passion? Y'all do realize he was playing with the Cardinals and look at the weapons he will have on the Vikings offense versus the cardinals
That doesn't really have anything to do with his commitment to watching film and not playing tons of video games.

I can't confirm those rumors but they are there.

Seen the same thing as a Suns fan with Deandre Ayton. His commitment to the grind and passion for the game and getting better isn't anywhere in the same stratosphere as D Book.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:57 pm

I absolutely get that with star athletes, but I was just surprised by Murray ending up being one of those.
Being that good in two sports, and like I said, one being baseball where it is far more skills based vs most other sports.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Not for 11. 23, maybe....
Let's get Tropical
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

cdr2529 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:02 pm Passion? Y'all do realize he was playing with the Cardinals and look at the weapons he will have on the Vikings offense versus the cardinals
He did play one year with Deandre Hopkins, AJ Green and Zach Ertz.
Even though they were on the back end of their careers, those are still some of the biggest offensive leaders of their time, and even they couldn't get him to be motivated to be his best.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

:lol:
Steve Winwood

Post by Steve Winwood »

But who IS Kyle Murray? We need to answer that question. I see his picture. Looks a little light in the body frame. Looks like he has good vision to see receivers down field though. How long has this guy been around? Why have we heard nothing about him? CFL guy?
witljon

Post by witljon »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:17 pm Not for 11. 23, maybe....
I was thinking a 4th rounder.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Murray is stocky, he's just not tall. There has been quite of few NFL players like this, maybe not QB but guys that are thick in body proportion.

That a really interesting spot of with AZ. He's super talented but at the same time they are kind stuck with that contract so it's like "let's just build around him".
PurpleValhalla

Post by PurpleValhalla »

Can we add a clause to his current contract to specify more about his video game habits?
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

The OP (DH) loves Penix and would take him at #11 overall, hates McCarthy, and is interested in trading for Kyler f'n Murray. I believe we have a true QB guru on our hands. :shock: :clap: