Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Cavaliers @ Timberwolves GDT 22 Mar Official***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
aztimberwolves

Re: ***Official Cavaliers @ Timberwolves GDT 22 Mar Official***

Post by aztimberwolves »

Wow, Sam Mitchell proves he’s as bad as as announcer as a coach. God awful brutal analysis.
PanicWolf

Post by PanicWolf »

Absolutely 100% agree with the announcing. Get those guys back courtside give them whatever they want they are the best. Mike Breen still does the Knicks games plus national stuff. Hope Grady does the same type of thing cuz his continued call on legendary ant plays would be great for history.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

aztimberwolves wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:53 pm After the 1st utah game i looked at the schedule and thought 10-5 would be a good/attainable goal to get. 2-1 after that. If they do go 10-5 that would put them at 56-26. Not sure if that’s good enough for the the 2 spot which would be great.
probably wouldn't. i think horton said that denver is 13-2 since the all-star break and OKC is 14-3 in their last 17 games. i'm sure it would be good enough for third though and that just might be the place to be for the wolves for the first round of the playoffs.
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

weimy froob wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:38 am
aztimberwolves wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:53 pm After the 1st utah game i looked at the schedule and thought 10-5 would be a good/attainable goal to get. 2-1 after that. If they do go 10-5 that would put them at 56-26. Not sure if that’s good enough for the the 2 spot which would be great.
probably wouldn't. i think horton said that denver is 13-2 since the all-star break and OKC is 14-3 in their last 17 games. i'm sure it would be good enough for third though and that just might be the place to be for the wolves for the first round of the playoffs.
tbh I'm fine with 3 as long as we continue to play hard into the playoffs ie. win or lose by 5pt or less every game and I'm feeling good. Doesn't really give us an advantage being 1 or 2 imo.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

shoteh wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:47 am
tbh I'm fine with 3 as long as we continue to play hard into the playoffs ie. win or lose by 5pt or less every game and I'm feeling good. Doesn't really give us an advantage being 1 or 2 imo.
I like the 2 spot because the you get the 1st two series with home court advantage.

Pretty confident we’ll be no worse then the 3.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

aztimberwolves wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:15 am

I like the 2 spot because the you get the 1st two series with home court advantage.

if the first round is chalk. seven could beat two. heck, six could beat three. that's a long ways off for me to be concerned about a game seven in round two. just hoping the wolves get a good matchup and get to a round two, tbh.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

the wolves play well on the road. i'm definitely more concerned about matchup than where the games are played.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

aztimberwolves wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:15 am

It’s more about Towns coming back and everyone else staying healthy than it is seed 1-3. 1 would be nice, but health is nicer.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
twolves31

Post by twolves31 »

Looking at schedules I feel like we can lose maybe 1 more game to finish first and two to finish 2nd, but you need to beat Denver both times to finish 2nd if we lose two games.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

good idea. it worked out well.

Dane Moore
@DaneMooreNBA
Asked Chris Finch why Naz Reid started the game but came off the bench in the 2nd half: “It was literally, I didn’t want to put Naz in position to get a cheap fourth foul, where he couldn’t develop any rhythm in the game because he would’ve then had to sit. And it was also kind of allowing us to manipulate the matchups, so we could get a spacing big out there against some of their fives at some point. Staggering those minutes.”
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:55 pm
weimy froob wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:55 pm rudy said he felt good. "sometimes you have to embrace the pain."
Rudy is always an interesting interview. Love hearing his takes after the game.
Dane Moore
@DaneMooreNBA
Asked Rudy Gobert what stood out to him about how the Wolves looked when they had to play a lot of small ball while he was injured. Gobert kinda took the answer in a different but I thought cool direction. I think this was the first time I've heard Gobert refer to these Wolves as a "great team".

"I was really proud of the way they battled. It was frustrating, obviously, for me not to be out there. But it got me really excited to see the way, for example, against Denver, the way they came back in the game. I know it takes a lot of energy for all of them to kinda like compensate for what me and some of the other bigs bring. But they did it. They did it on a back-to-back, they did it in Utah. And I think those things really bring us even more together and they really help us grow. Obviously, we don't want injuries, but the way we react to them, and the way we come together as a team when that happens, I think is the mark of a great team. I don't think last year we were there yet. I think last year we gradually got that mindset, but this year, regardless of who is hurt, who is active, I know that we're gonna play hard, I know that we're gonna battle."
EmeraldAxe

Post by EmeraldAxe »

weimy froob wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:24 am the wolves play well on the road. i'm definitely more concerned about matchup than where the games are played.
The road and home court are very different in the playoffs compared to the regular season. We won't play as well on the road during the playoffs.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

I was there last night, it was beautiful! And I wouldn’t sell my Naz Reid towel for $500 :beer:

Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:04 pm I was there last night, it was beautiful! And I wouldn’t sell my Naz Reid towel for $500 :beer:

Congrats Rusty. That’s gonna be a game you’ll always remember.