Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Any outdoor cyclers?

Voltron

Re: Any outdoor cyclers?

Post by Voltron »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:52 pm first ride in march. 39 degrees and less than a three mile an hour wind > 70 degrees and strong southerly winds. 91 plus minutes too. good ride. went by the radar sign and i was going 13 mph--so just a little under 20 miles.
Sounds like a nice ride!
FOR THE CULTURE!!!!
Spoiler:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

100 plus minute ride this morning/afternoon. longest of the year--but it is so nice out there. saw my first robins (that were alive anyways) out there. three of them all at different times on the ride.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

with the snownami in the forecast and the time it'll take for the roads and trails to get back in shape today was a bike ride day. the temp now is 29 degrees so it was officially a below freezing weather ride. very little wind so it was doable. choppers in play and the fingers were fine. by the end of the 80 plus minute ride the toes were in the mode that they'd use to get as a kid when i'd skate for a couple of hours in 5-10 degree weather. not frozen so solid that they needed to be rubbed to get the circulation back into them--but they had that stingy feel to them. good times.

edit: i forgot to add snow flurries for the entire ride. better than rain.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

the trails and roads are dry after the first wave of the snownami so it was a chance for another bike ride before the next wave comes in. it was still under freezing when i headed out--but this time i wore the hiking boots instead of the thin tennis shoes and the feet were perfect. 102 minute ride in sunshine and very little wind. nice.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

another spring saturday when it's bike riding weather. so that's what i did, of course. 115 minutes worth of it. roads and trails were dry, the sun was out and the wind was down. what's not to like on a day like that on the bike?