Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Fun tourneys comin up!

Hornets

Fun tourneys comin up!

Post by Hornets »

LOVE this time of year.....Farmer's tourney this weekend and then one of my favorites, the Waste Management the following week!

#GAWLFISGOOD!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Hornets

Re: Fun tourneys comin up!

Post by Hornets »

Looks like a beautiful day for gawlf in San Diego! Tiger sits at -2 after 14 holes...not bad!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

there was a fun championship in our friends to the north country this weekend.

It was the shot heard 'round Canada.

Looking to end his country's nearly 70-year drought at its national championship, the RBC Canadian Open, Nick Taylor found himself locked in a playoff battle with England's Tommy Fleetwood on Sunday evening at Oakdale Golf and Country Club outside of Toronto. And on the fourth playoff hole, the par-5 18th, Taylor got up and down from 221 yards – and from a divot in the first cut – sinking a 72-foot eagle putt to seal the dramatic victory and become the first Canadian to win the Canadian Open since Pat Fletcher in 1954.

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Watch: Adam Hadwin gets tackled by security trying to celebrate Nick Taylor's win

After Nick Taylor won the RBC Canadian Open by dropping a 72-foot eagle bomb on the fourth playoff hole on Sunday at Oakdale Golf and Country Club, Adam Hadwin did what any friend and fellow countryman would do.

He grabbed a bottle of champagne, shook it up, popped it and went sprinting onto the green.

But as a bubbly-spraying Hadwin approached Taylor, an overzealous security guard – and perhaps former aspiring CFL linebacker – quickly ran interference, executing a textbook tackle of Hadwin. The PGA Tour winner and two-time Presidents Cupper, who also had thrown out the first pitch at a Blue Jays game earlier in the week, didn’t stand a chance as the guard squared him up and took him down with force, sending Hadwin flying backward into the putting surface.

Watch the hit:

Here's another angle:

Hornets

Post by Hornets »

U.S. Open coming up this week! Will Brooks win anotha one?
Last edited by Hornets on Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

On a side note, that security guard was a bit rough wouldn't you type? There were boatloads of other folks standing on the green and hundreds of others rushing the green, why didn't he clothesline some of them? Hadwin should sue that guys azz.....
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

adam gets it.

KBinICT

Post by KBinICT »

He lives part time down here in Wichita (wife was born/raised here), I'll have to ask him next time I see him. Should be a good story!
weimy froob wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:23 pm Watch: Adam Hadwin gets tackled by security trying to celebrate Nick Taylor's win

After Nick Taylor won the RBC Canadian Open by dropping a 72-foot eagle bomb on the fourth playoff hole on Sunday at Oakdale Golf and Country Club, Adam Hadwin did what any friend and fellow countryman would do.

He grabbed a bottle of champagne, shook it up, popped it and went sprinting onto the green.

But as a bubbly-spraying Hadwin approached Taylor, an overzealous security guard – and perhaps former aspiring CFL linebacker – quickly ran interference, executing a textbook tackle of Hadwin. The PGA Tour winner and two-time Presidents Cupper, who also had thrown out the first pitch at a Blue Jays game earlier in the week, didn’t stand a chance as the guard squared him up and took him down with force, sending Hadwin flying backward into the putting surface.

Watch the hit:

Here's another angle:

fka: TitleistGuy, ClubProGuy
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

that putt in that championship in that environment and situation? gave off some of these vibes.
Spoiler:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

lulz. adam didn't get hurt and took everything in stride.

Adam Hadwin is totally fine, and he isn't harboring any grudges, either...Right after Taylor’s incredible, 72-foot eagle putt fell on the final playoff hole, Hadwin rushed in to celebrate with a bottle of champagne. That turned out to be the wrong move. Hadwin, who actually apologized to the officer “in true Canadian form,” said he didn’t blame him at all. He seemed to appreciate all the content that came from the incident, too.

https://sports.yahoo.com/us-open-adam-h ... 40456.html
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

looks like they had a players championship for the ages. scottie scheffler shoots an eight under par 64 to win by one over brian harmon, xander schauffele and wyndham clark. i just was scoreboard watching. should've watched the back nine.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Jack Soo 5

Post by Jack Soo 5 »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:32 pm looks like they had a players championship for the ages. scottie scheffler shoots an eight under par 64 to win by one over brian harmon, xander schauffele and wyndham clark. i just was scoreboard watching. should've watched the back nine.
I had it on a second tv, while watching the big 10 championship game. Wyndham Clark had an 18 foot putt on 18 go in the hole and lip out, which would have forced a playoff. Xander missed a 9 footer on 17 that would have tied him for the lead as well. Scheffler was on fire!
Keep your stick on the ice
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Jack Soo 5 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:36 pm
weimy froob wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:32 pm looks like they had a players championship for the ages. scottie scheffler shoots an eight under par 64 to win by one over brian harmon, xander schauffele and wyndham clark. i just was scoreboard watching. should've watched the back nine.
I had it on a second tv, while watching the big 10 championship game. Wyndham Clark had an 18 foot putt on 18 go in the hole and lip out, which would have forced a playoff. Xander missed a 9 footer on 17 that would have tied him for the lead as well. Scheffler was on fire!
i just got done reading the AP story.

Already the best in the world, Scottie Scheffler added another layer to his legend Sunday. He became the first player to win back-to-back in 50 years of The Players Championship by matching the biggest comeback and the lowest closing round by a winner.

Scheffler holed out for eagle from the fourth fairway and had four birdies in a five-hole stretch around the turn, sending him to an 8-under 64 and a one-shot victory that wasn’t decided until the final putt.

Xander Schauffele, Brian Harman and Wyndham Clark all had a chance to force a playoff with a birdie on the daunting 18th hole at the TPC Sawgrass.

Clark had the last shot, a putt just inside 18 feet that dipped into the cup on the left side and came out on the right side, leaving him stunned as he placed his hand over his mouth.

“I don’t know how that putt doesn’t go in,” Clark said. “Even when it kind of lipped, I thought it would lip in. I’m pretty gutted it didn’t go in.”
Jack Soo 5

Post by Jack Soo 5 »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:39 pm
Jack Soo 5 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:36 pm
i just got done reading the AP story.

Already the best in the world, Scottie Scheffler added another layer to his legend Sunday. He became the first player to win back-to-back in 50 years of The Players Championship by matching the biggest comeback and the lowest closing round by a winner.

Scheffler holed out for eagle from the fourth fairway and had four birdies in a five-hole stretch around the turn, sending him to an 8-under 64 and a one-shot victory that wasn’t decided until the final putt.

Xander Schauffele, Brian Harman and Wyndham Clark all had a chance to force a playoff with a birdie on the daunting 18th hole at the TPC Sawgrass.

Clark had the last shot, a putt just inside 18 feet that dipped into the cup on the left side and came out on the right side, leaving him stunned as he placed his hand over his mouth.

“I don’t know how that putt doesn’t go in,” Clark said. “Even when it kind of lipped, I thought it would lip in. I’m pretty gutted it didn’t go in.”
Clark had started his fist pump, got part way through it, and had to pull it back when the ball lipped around and out. Couldn't believe it
Keep your stick on the ice
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:55 pm
I watched most of Scottie's final round...he is simply amazing. It's really a bummer that these tourney's are missing those top LIV players. I miss seeing DJ, Bubba, Brooks, Rahmie, and heck...I miss Phil.