Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official 23-24 State High School Hockey Tourney Chat***

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Leon

Re: ***Official 23-24 State High School Hockey Tourney Chat***

Post by Leon »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:01 pm
Leon wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:50 pm question about Nanne's 60 year run at the Tourney --- how did he get time away from his NHL career to be able to make the tournament every year ?
he missed those games on the nights they played. never missed the whole tournament though.
:thumbsup:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Two days later I'm still feeling good about the Hornets victory. Giles has quite a few players who should be back that will make the 2024-25 team another solid one!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
TheLokNesMonster

Post by TheLokNesMonster »

Hornets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:09 pm Two days later I'm still feeling good about the Hornets victory. Giles has quite a few players who should be back that will make the 2024-25 team another solid one!
What did you think of the tourney overall?
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

TheLokNesMonster wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:57 pm
Hornets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:09 pm Two days later I'm still feeling good about the Hornets victory. Giles has quite a few players who should be back that will make the 2024-25 team another solid one!
Well, my opinion of course is a bit skewed because the team I wanted to win it did indeed win it. Overall I'd give it a B-. There were several great games including some great comebacks. It's a fact that 10 out of top 13 AA ranked teams (by LPH) were not even in the tournament, so that waters down the overall skill level. But it is nice imo that many lower ranked teams have that carrot...a possible trip to state based on which section they are in.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
TheLokNesMonster

Hornets wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:45 pm
TheLokNesMonster wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:57 pm
Well, my opinion of course is a bit skewed because the team I wanted to win it did indeed win it. Overall I'd give it a B-. There were several great games including some great comebacks. It's a fact that 10 out of top 13 AA ranked teams (by LPH) were not even in the tournament, so that waters down the overall skill level. But it is nice imo that many lower ranked teams have that carrot...a possible trip to state based on which section they are in.
SG made a good point about the AA title game. It was close checking and not as wide open as was expected. And you’re right. There were some top players in the state not involved, and Hill Murray wasn’t in it. People hate Hill and they hate the Hornets, but I like them when they are in the tourney because it makes it bigger.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

A third title game between Edina and Tonka to break their tie might have offered more anticipation, but good on a very talented Chan making the final.
TheLokNesMonster

Slap Shot wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:08 pm A third title game between Edina and Tonka to break their tie might have offered more anticipation, but good on a very talented Chan making the final.
I agree. Chanhassen run was the highlight for me.