Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

McCarthy, St. Brown and Valdes-Scantling walk into a bar...

salamander

McCarthy, St. Brown and Valdes-Scantling walk into a bar...

Post by salamander »

To discuss how they've all been more successful after getting away from Aaron Rodgers. :lol:

Valdes-Scantling
on pace for 900 yards but is heating up. Could get 1000 yards receiving.
Too bad it was all Rodgers WR's fault.

St. Brown
Will have more yards than his last two years in GB combined with Justin Fields as his QB. Is on pace to have his best season yet.

McCarthy
GB 2015: 10-6
GB 2016: 10-6
GB 2017: 7-9
GB 2018: 4-7-1
DAL 2021: 12-5
DAL 2022: 5-2

McCarthy was a wonderful HC in Rodgers early years when he was playing well.
Too bad when Rodgers started playing poorly it was all McCarthy's fault.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Gork

Re: McCarthy, St. Brown and Valdes-Scantling walk into a bar...

Post by Gork »

We do what we do! :lol:

I remember St.Brown catching 1 TD pass from Rodgers. Made a great catch. Of course it was called back because of a penalty. He dropped the next ball thrown his way. I don't remember another pass his way. :thinking:
There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but Calebs' stupidity will remain!

TRUMPHUMPERS :humper: ™ ARE TRAITORS!

Proud member of the RFP!

Never trust a former president who wears Jim Bakker’s haircut and Tammy Faye’s makeup.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Gork wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:44 pm We do what we do! :lol:

I remember St.Brown catching 1 TD pass from Rodgers. Made a great catch. Of course it was called back because of a penalty. He dropped the next ball thrown his way. I don't remember another pass his way. :thinking:
And that's Rodgers biggest problem. A WR drops a pass and he refuses to throw then the ball. They never recover from it.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
PackIsBack

Post by PackIsBack »

salamander wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:54 pm To discuss how they've all been more successful after getting away from Aaron Rodgers. :lol:

Valdes-Scantling
He ended up with 42 catches. 4 more than his rookie season with Rodgers. You know, the guy that supposedly won't throw to rookie WR's.

687 yards. Just short of his 2020 career high. But he needed 9 more catches than he had in 2020 to end up with less yards.

2 TD's. That is tied for his career low.

Rodgers, Mahomes, doesn't matter. He's a decent WR. Rodgers and the Packers didn't hold him back from being a star. He showed what he was from 2018-2021 and he continued to show the same in 2022.

This whole narrative was a fart in the wind. Not even a wet one. :lol:
:clap: “It... is... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!” “No, he missed it! Are you kidding me? He missed it right.” :clap:
PackIsBack

Post by PackIsBack »

salamander wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:41 pm

And that's Rodgers biggest problem. A WR drops a pass and he refuses to throw then the ball. They never recover from it.
Oh yeah, Watson blew up this narrative as well.
:clap: “It... is... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!” “No, he missed it! Are you kidding me? He missed it right.” :clap:
salamander

Post by salamander »

PackIsBack wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:21 pm

After the that dropped pass, Rodgers threw Watson the ball 8 times over the next 5 games and never once did he have more than 25 yards.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Instead of seeing a guy who legitimately burned the entire defense and got open deep, Rodgers just saw a guy who dropped a pass. He didn't give a shit that it might be his first NFL game and might be nervous.
salamander

Post by salamander »

PackIsBack wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:20 pm
salamander wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:54 pm To discuss how they've all been more successful after getting away from Aaron Rodgers. :lol:

Valdes-Scantling
He ended up with 42 catches. 4 more than his rookie season with Rodgers. You know, the guy that supposedly won't throw to rookie WR's.

687 yards. Just short of his 2020 career high. But he needed 9 more catches than he had in 2020 to end up with less yards.

2 TD's. That is tied for his career low.

Rodgers, Mahomes, doesn't matter. He's a decent WR. Rodgers and the Packers didn't hold him back from being a star. He showed what he was from 2018-2021 and he continued to show the same in 2022.

This whole narrative was a fart in the wind. Not even a wet one. :lol:
25% of MVS career season receptions came in one year with KC. This is the most receptions MVS has ever had in a season. Yeah, Rodgers used him that one year in 2020. Why is it that Rodgers refused to use him in his other 3 years he was there? "It's because Rodgers has no WR's" was always a stupid take when he Adams and good backup WR's in MVS/Lazard and a decent #4 WR in St. Brown who just had a season that looked decent (for a #4), just like his rookie season. For some reason Rodgers just quite throwing to him too. Why is it that Justin Fields is able to get more out of St. Brown than Rodgers was able to during his last two years in GB?

Meanwhile, McCarthy got to the playoffs in back to back years with Dak Prescott and is literally just a QB away from having a Superbowl caliber team.
PackIsBack

Post by PackIsBack »

I'm not going to try to explain injuries to you. MVS was plagued by two things during his stint in Green Bay.

1. Dropped passes
2. Injuries - mostly hamstrings

Now in 2021 he seemed to have put the dropped ball issues behind him for the most part but then #1 happened again. Available for 11 games, started 7 and dropped out of at least 3 of those 11 games he played.

ESB was a fringe roster player in GB. Spent a good deal of time on the practice squad and when he was on the regular roster he was at best the 5th or 6th option at WR.

As a rookie he had 21 catches for 328 yards. He looked promising. Like MVS, injuries kept him off the field after his rookie year along with just not being good enough compared to the other guys ahead of him.

What did he do in Chicago with Mooney and a bunch of scrubs like him at WR?

21 catches for 323. Wow!! What a difference!! ESB is a scrub. His brother is a stud. It is what it is.

MVS and ESB are the same players now that they were in GB. I told you from the beginning this was a shitty take and the 2022 season proved it was a shitty take. But hey, keep on trying to twist this into something besides the shitty take that it is. :clap: :clap:
PackIsBack

Post by PackIsBack »

salamander wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:35 pm
PackIsBack wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:21 pm

After the that dropped pass, Rodgers threw Watson the ball 8 times over the next 5 games and never once did he have more than 25 yards.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Instead of seeing a guy who legitimately burned the entire defense and got open deep, Rodgers just saw a guy who dropped a pass. He didn't give a shit that it might be his first NFL game and might be nervous.
Watson was WAAAAYYY behind after missing all of TC and preseason. He also left two games for good during the opening drive due to a concussion and another suspected concussion that ended up just being a precaution. He was lost out there until he finally started getting more reps. He finally got 50+ reps in the Dallas game and went off.... with Rodgers as his QB..... as a rookie

Then he had a historical 4 week stretch that the NFL hasn't seen from a rookie WR since some guy named Moss. With Rodgers as his QB...... as a rookie.

Just another shitty take here. He's finished 7th or 8th for Offensive ROY with a QB that won't throw the ball to rookie WR's. If he got to take part in training camp and preseason his numbers would have been WAY better.
salamander

Post by salamander »

PackIsBack wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:37 pm Now in 2021 he seemed to have put the dropped ball issues behind him for the most part but then #1 happened again. Available for 11 games, started 7 and dropped out of at least 3 of those 11 games he played.
I guess having well thrown passes to you makes you drop the ball less.
salamander

Post by salamander »

I know it's sucks. People succeed more away from Rodgers than with Rodgers.

He's just the kind of guy that blames his failures on other people who are undeserving of blame.
That's just who Rodgers is.
PackIsBack

Post by PackIsBack »

There isn't a single WR that has been more successful post Rodgers. That includes MVS and ESB.

MVS really came up big in the SB, too! I think he was targeted once and on that one target he ran a shitty route.

Same player, different city.
salamander

Post by salamander »

PackIsBack wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:16 pm There isn't a single WR that has been more successful post Rodgers. That includes MVS and ESB.

MVS really came up big in the SB, too! I think he was targeted once and on that one target he ran a shitty route.

Same player, different city.
Super bowl champion MVS didn't have a great SB. This is true.
PackIsBack

Post by PackIsBack »

Didn't have an $11 million dollar season either. You can get that kind of production from any lower mid tier WR.
salamander

Post by salamander »

PackIsBack wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:10 am Didn't have an $11 million dollar season either. You can get that kind of production from any lower mid tier WR.
Probably.
PackIsBack

Post by PackIsBack »

Update on MVS. Looks like he's on target for about 25 catches, 500-600 yards and 2 TDs. Chefs lead the NFL in dropped passes, surprisingly only 1 for MVS. Kinda hard to drop a lot of balls when you have 21 targets in 8 games.

He is what is is. Same guy that played with Aaron Rodgers.

St. Brown. Same guy that played with Aaron Rodgers.

McCarthy, same guy that coached Aaron Rodgers, minus the post season success.

Such a failed shitty take that just doesn't get less shitty as the years go by.
salamander

Post by salamander »

McCarthy is proving he's a pretty good coach post Rodgers. They're a QB away from having a top 3 team.
Why couldn't Rodgers win with such a good coach? That Cowboys team defense is scary good.

St. Brown had one of his best years once he got away from Rodgers with the vaunted Justin Fields as his QB. :lol:
He's injured this year though, don't know why you'd count that.

MVS had one of his best seasons after getting away from Rodgers.

I know it sucks to realize Rodgers was the problem. Maybe that's why they got rid Aaron "It's everybody else's fault but mine" Rodgers.
If Rodgers would've used MVS & St. Brown to their abilities instead of whining, you'd have 1000 yards there between the two plus the ridiculous stats Adams was pulling in with Jones out of the backfield and Tonyan doing a decent job at TE. That offense shouldn't have had anyone blaming anyone of anything. It shouldn't have been in the position to be tossing blame around at each other.
PackIsBack

Post by PackIsBack »

1. Rodgers won a SB with McCarthy. And again, Jones is the GM not coach McStupidface.

2. St Brown was frequently injured and started 10 games in 3 seasons in Green Bay. He started 16 games for the Bears last year and basically reproduced his rookie season in GB when he started 7 games. Now that's he's been bumped down the depth chart and had some injuries (where have aI heard that before) he's basically a hole in the roster.

3. MVS is a #3/4 WR. He was a #3/4 in GB and he's a #3/4 again in KC. His best season as a pro was 2020 in GB. He has regressed to 2019 and 2021 level MVS in GB.

These takes, they are so bad. I mean SO BAD. I'm literally embarrassed for you. :yawn:
salamander

Post by salamander »

PackIsBack wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:38 pm 1. Rodgers won a SB with McCarthy. And again, Jones is the GM not coach McStupidface.

2. St Brown was frequently injured and started 10 games in 3 seasons in Green Bay. He started 16 games for the Bears last year and basically reproduced his rookie season in GB when he started 7 games. Now that's he's been bumped down the depth chart and had some injuries (where have aI heard that before) he's basically a hole in the roster.

3. MVS is a #3/4 WR. He was a #3/4 in GB and he's a #3/4 again in KC. His best season as a pro was 2020 in GB. He has regressed to 2019 and 2021 level MVS in GB.

These takes, they are so bad. I mean SO BAD. I'm literally embarrassed for you. :yawn:
1. Rodgers won a SB because of McCarthy. And again, he's the HC.

2. Rodgers refused to use St Brown because he holds weird grudges against players for weird reasons. St Brown goes to the Justin Fields lead Bears and looks like a decent down the depth chart WR. Why couldn't Rodgers do that when Fields could? :lol:

3. MVS is a #3/4. A #3/4 that Rodgers couldn't use for some weird reason when he had an elite #1 in Adams. Adams, MVS, St. Brown, Jones, Tonyan. Why is it everyone else but the QB's fault with that group?
PackIsBack

Post by PackIsBack »

MVS and St Brown. Same players today than they were in GB. If you don't believe me, look at the stats. They will confirm what I'm telling you here.

Such embarrassing takes. I mean, so, so embarrassing. :lol:
PackIsBack

Post by PackIsBack »

MVS drops a game winning TD? You don't say...
Gork

Post by Gork »

salamander wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:26 pm McCarthy is proving he's a pretty good coach post Rodgers. They're a QB away from having a top 3 team.
Why couldn't Rodgers win with such a good coach? That Cowboys team defense is scary good.

St. Brown had one of his best years once he got away from Rodgers with the vaunted Justin Fields as his QB. :lol:

I know it sucks to realize Rodgers was the problem. Maybe that's why they got rid Aaron "It's everybody else's fault but mine" Rodgers.
If Rodgers would've used MVS & St. Brown to their abilities instead of whining, you'd have 1000 yards there between the two plus the ridiculous stats Adams was pulling in with Jones out of the backfield and Tonyan doing a decent job at TE. That offense shouldn't have had anyone blaming anyone of anything. It shouldn't have been in the position to be tossing blame around at each other.
You answered your own question. " Why couldn't Rodgers win with such a good coach? The Cowboys team defense is scary good. " Rodgers never had a defense and defensive coordinator like they have in Dallas. 2010 was the best defense he had and won it all.
There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but Calebs' stupidity will remain!

Proud member of the RFP!

Never trust a former president who wears Jim Bakker’s haircut and Tammy Faye’s makeup.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Gork wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:57 pm
salamander wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:26 pm McCarthy is proving he's a pretty good coach post Rodgers. They're a QB away from having a top 3 team.

You answered your own question. " Why couldn't Rodgers win with such a good coach? The Cowboys team defense is scary good. " Rodgers never had a defense and defensive coordinator like they have in Dallas. 2010 was the best defense he had and won it all.
Good point!! Rodgers needed the best Packers defense we've seen in years to win a SB. He just isn't good enough to put a team on his back. I agree.
PackIsBack

Post by PackIsBack »

Now that another season has passed I thought I'd bump this gem one last time. I promise it's the last. It's pretty much a slam dunk at this point.

Mike McCarthy - man, what a coach. I can't believe the Packers let him go. Look at that regular season success. If only the season ended in December. Imagine doing such a shitty job of coaching that you are the #2 seed and you are the first team to ever lose to a #7 seed. And not just lose. You are down 48-16 at home and the other team feels bad enough that they empty the bench. :clap: :clap:

MVS - Same shit, different year. 11 million a year for a guy that needs two full seasons to BARELY put up 1000 yards. He's EXACTLY what I said he was two years ago.

ESB - See above. 5 catches this year. Again, EXACTLY what I said he was two years ago.

I'm done with this one, lock it up! :clap: :lol: :beer: :lol: :clap:
salamander

Post by salamander »

Aaron Rodgers couldn't use this guy, it was all the WR's fault and he didn't have anyone to throw to. My favorite part about this SB touchdown by MVS was that Packisback instantly thought of me when it happened. :beer:

And his only response is but but but, St. Brown was injured all year long so he only had 5 catches. "Gotcha!" :naners:

Hey Packisback, Did MVS have any SB TD's before he left the Packers? Nope! It's looking like he's far more successful since getting away from Rodgers.

I have another question for you. What's more a more successful career? Having a SB ring or not having a SB ring?

Gork

Post by Gork »

Always liked MVS even though he was a butterfingers. Need that field stretcher. Was he worth what KC paid him? Not really but he's gettin a ring!

Proud member of the RFP!

PackIsBack

Post by PackIsBack »

Annnnnnnd he's been cut by the Chefs. Couldn't even get three years out of this turd. :clap: :lol: :beer: :lol: :clap:
salamander

Post by salamander »

PackIsBack wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:59 am Annnnnnnd he's been cut by the Chefs. Couldn't even get three years out of this turd. :clap: :lol: :beer: :lol: :clap:
They're currently spending about 15 million on their entire WR Core and they still are SB favorites.
Why keep their best WR when he's costs so much?

Chiefs cutting playmakers because they got too expensive is par for the coarse.
PackIsBack

Post by PackIsBack »

Crazy they still manage to be SB favorites after cutting a #4 WR that's being paid like a #2. :yawn:

Or it makes complete sense because MVS is JAG. :beer: