Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Timberwolves @ Lakers GDT 10 Mar Official***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
A$$MAN

Re: ***Official Timberwolves @ Lakers GDT 10 Mar Official***

Post by A$$MAN »

irishman89 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm Need more points from Mike.
Conley has looked like shit the last handful of games
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

A$$MAN wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:17 pm
irishman89 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm Need more points from Mike.
Conley has looked like shit the last handful of games
A guy like him who struggles to get his own shot really misses the gravity of a guy like Towns.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:13 pm
YBBR wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:06 pm
boxter432 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:02 pm

Too busy focusing on scori…rebou…assis…sleeping?
Obviously, we are going to be worse without Towns and Gobert on defense. They've still got NAW and Jaden on the perimeter. That's the makings of a pretty damn good perimeter defense on paper. It sure hasn't translated.
It's connected. Good perimeter defense relies on good interior D. You can challenge and get up on guys knowing the blow-by will be met with a pair of 7-foot + guys.

We don't have that now. Changes everything.
The rotations were very off tonight a lot of times. Lakers had no problem going around most of the perimeter D when one or two passes would get them offline, and no one knew who's job it was to rotate out to the next pass. Saw that a lot at times. Just not being consistent or aware enough on that end.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:14 pm Edwards just needs to not shoot the rest of the night.

It's just an auto turnover at this point.
I still think he makes things more difficult than he needs to...too many fadeaway shots. Especially from the midrange when he stops his dribble. He definitely needs to learn to lean into people. The step back three should be completely taken out of his arsenal.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

YBBR wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:20 pm
YBBR wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:06 pm

Obviously, we are going to be worse without Towns and Gobert on defense. They've still got NAW and Jaden on the perimeter. That's the makings of a pretty damn good perimeter defense on paper. It sure hasn't translated.
It's connected. Good perimeter defense relies on good interior D. You can challenge and get up on guys knowing the blow-by will be met with a pair of 7-foot + guys.

The rotations were very off tonight a lot of times. Lakers had no problem going around most of the perimeter D when one or two passes would get them offline, and no one knew who's job it was to rotate out to the next pass. Saw that a lot at times. Just not being consistent or aware enough on that end.
Yeah, and as was mentioned in the thread, Rudy is a really good communicator on defense. Anderson too. We were without both.

- Isaac Asimov
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

It's never fun to lose to the Lakers. It's the Lakers. They suck.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

boxter432 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:02 pm
YBBR wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:01 pm Defensively Jaden is MIA again. I remember when he could put a stamp on a game from that end. Where the hell is that guy?
Too busy focusing on scori…rebou…assis…sleeping?
He had his 26 point game when Ant left mid game and after that..... Almost nothing. To the point where maybe he needs to come off the bench for a game or two.
My body, my choice.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:24 pm
YBBR wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:20 pm

Yeah, and as was mentioned in the thread, Rudy is a really good communicator on defense. Anderson too. We were without both.
He is. Sort of the quarterback of the defense in that sense because he can see the play develop. Telling guys where they need to be or watch for.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

A$$MAN wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:21 pm
LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:14 pm Edwards just needs to not shoot the rest of the night.

It's just an auto turnover at this point.
I still think he makes things more difficult than he needs to...too many fadeaway shots. Especially from the midrange when he stops his dribble. He definitely needs to learn to lean into people. The step back three should be completely taken out of his arsenal.
To be fair, he did sink a couple of baskets after I posted that.

And the rest of the team did not.
My body, my choice.
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

PanicWolf wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:53 pm Wolves will be the fourth seed. Great regular season but tough break with KAT. He means more to the team than haters think.
No chance for the #1 seed now, but like others have said it's more about matchups. Looking like Phoenix or New Orleans in round 1. Time to get healthy.
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:45 pm
boxter432 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:16 pm OKC up by a billion again if that matters.
they might not be caught again this year. big game from the boys tonight needed if they're going to hang with the thunder.
No matter where OKC finishes, they better hope they don't see the Lakers in round 1.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

there was good ball movement in that first half and that's a big reason they put up 68 points in it. less ball movement in the second half and they scored only 41 points.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

when the wolves played the lakers earlier horton mentioned that they were one of the top couple of teams with their 4th quarter defense. they still might be. 17 points given up tonight.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

A$$MAN wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:32 pm
boxter432 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:16 pm OKC up by a billion again if that matters.
they might not be caught again this year. big game from the boys tonight needed if they're going to hang with the thunder.
No matter where OKC finishes, they better hope they don't see the Lakers in round 1.
wolves don't need to face the pelicans. phoenix makes me nervous too the way they won that first game. they've got two more against them in april so we'll get another look at that potential matchup.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:39 pm
A$$MAN wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:32 pm

wolves don't need to face the pelicans. phoenix makes me nervous too the way they won that first game. they've got two more against them in april so we'll get another look at that potential matchup.
This is what I was saying to you earlier this last week about how important the seeding is. The Suns are definitely not who I would want to see rd #1.

The Wolves are going to finish in the #4 spot it looks.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Went to bed before it ended last night. All things considered, an 11 point loss in LA as beat up as we were, it was to be expected and could have been a lot worse. ADs 25 rebounds should also not be too surprising considering Naz and Jadens weakness in that area. Kudos to NAW for a solid game overall and his 7 boards.

If there's concern for me, it's the funky puddle Conley has been in since KAT went down. 8/5 averages in three games. 9 for 26 shooting. He looks old and tired - and this has been a bad stretch for Morris to be out. If Monte can get back in the saddle soon, I'd flip their minutes. Get Monte into playing shape with 28 minutes a night and let Mike relax a bit with 20 mpg against the reserves. It could make us stronger overall come playoff time.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
twolves31

Post by twolves31 »

A$$MAN wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:14 pm
weimy froob wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:04 pm
LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:00 pm Hopefully this isn't a free fall now that they're not #1.
not even #2 either. monte morris needed to continue to play his way into shape. nope. now rudy has a balky hamstring too. KA out and KAT aint coming back for awhile. free fall is definitely a possibility.
Yep, but another reason why dropping those shitty games against the bottom dwellers was so frustrating.
Every team has blown 20pt leads and lost shitty games against bottom dwellers. If we beat the Clippers tomorrow and I'm pretty confident we can finish in the 3rd seed.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:21 am Went to bed before it ended last night. All things considered, an 11 point loss in LA as beat up as we were, it was to be expected and could have been a lot worse. ADs 25 rebounds should also not be too surprising considering Naz and Jadens weakness in that area. Kudos to NAW for a solid game overall and his 7 boards.

If there's concern for me, it's the funky puddle Conley has been in since KAT went down. 8/5 averages in three games. 9 for 26 shooting. He looks old and tired - and this has been a bad stretch for Morris to be out. If Monte can get back in the saddle soon, I'd flip their minutes. Get Monte into playing shape with 28 minutes a night and let Mike relax a bit with 20 mpg against the reserves. It could make us stronger overall come playoff time.
Yeah. It's strange how we went most of the season without Monte Morris but now the Wolves really need him back. Hopefully Conley gets out of this funk sooner than later.
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

twolves31 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:01 am
weimy froob wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:04 pm

not even #2 either. monte morris needed to continue to play his way into shape. nope. now rudy has a balky hamstring too. KA out and KAT aint coming back for awhile. free fall is definitely a possibility.
Yep, but another reason why dropping those shitty games against the bottom dwellers was so frustrating.
Every team has blown 20pt leads and lost shitty games against bottom dwellers. If we beat the Clippers tomorrow and I'm pretty confident we can finish in the 3rd seed.
Sure, other teams have as well but a person can still be frustrated when it happens to their team. Especially because of how we lost those games.

I just remember last year when the same shit was happening and at season's end everyone was moaning that if we could have just beat the blazers, or whatever other shitty teams we lost to, we wouldn't be worrying about the play in games. We shouldn't have to worry about the play in now, but the principle still applies. Those shitty losses might be the difference between the 1 seed and the 5th-6th seed.

I think the Clippers game is a loss, especially with how we are getting officiated lately...need to win both games against Utah or it could get real ugly, real quick.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

A$$MAN wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:09 am

Sure, other teams have as well but a person can still be frustrated when it happens to their team. Especially because of how we lost those games.

I just remember last year when the same shit was happening and at season's end everyone was moaning that if we could have just beat the blazers, or whatever other shitty teams we lost to, we wouldn't be worrying about the play in games. We shouldn't have to worry about the play in now, but the principle still applies. Those shitty losses might be the difference between the 1 seed and the 5th-6th seed.

I think the Clippers game is a loss, especially with how we are getting officiated lately...need to win both games against Utah or it could get real ugly, real quick.
Last year, we had an inexplicably bad record against bad teams. This year, we have a good record against bad teams. No team beats all the bad teams. Never. Even the 73-9 Warriors lost to the 29-53 Timberwolves.

That’s the difference. We actually are good against bad teams this year. It’s not a talker like it was last year.

- Isaac Asimov
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:29 am

Last year, we had an inexplicably bad record against bad teams. This year, we have a good record against bad teams. No team beats all the bad teams. Never. Even the 73-9 Warriors lost to the 29-53 Timberwolves.

That’s the difference. We actually are good against bad teams this year. It’s not a talker like it was last year.
I agree we are better this year against bad teams, but again the principle still applies. Blowing 15 point 4th quarter leads against some of the worst teams in the NBA is going to cost us in the standings. There's no denying that...and it's okay to acknowledge they were unacceptable losses.

The losses would be different if it "just wasn't our night" but we thoroughly dominated those games until the final 5-10 minutes. That's the frustrating part...refusing to do the right things to close those games out. That's all I'm saying...
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

A$$MAN wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:39 am

I agree we are better this year against bad teams, but again the principle still applies. Blowing 15 point 4th quarter leads against some of the worst teams in the NBA is going to cost us in the standings. There's no denying that...and it's okay to acknowledge they were unacceptable losses.

The losses would be different if it "just wasn't our night" but we thoroughly dominated those games until the final 5-10 minutes. That's the frustrating part...refusing to do the right things to close those games out. That's all I'm saying...
On a case by case basis, sure. Those losses each sucked. But as a whole; we haven’t had noticeably more than other good teams. They happen. Even bad teams are full of good basketball players.

- Isaac Asimov
focker

Post by focker »

Mike needs to fix his jumper. It's been horseshit.
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:47 am
A$$MAN wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:39 am

On a case by case basis, sure. Those losses each sucked. But as a whole; we haven’t had noticeably more than other good teams. They happen. Even bad teams are full of good basketball players.
I agree, even bad teams can't lose every game and shit happens. But, I personally think that a fully loaded #1 seed should be able to close out the worst teams in the NBA when they have a double digit 4th quarter lead. In my opinion those are unacceptable losses and are going to hurt us in the standings.

Like others have said, it's all going to come down to matchups and I fear those losses may have us playing the suns or pelicans vs the Kings, Mavs, Lakers. I just don't like our matchups against those two particular teams.