Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Doogie: Twins sign Carlos Santana

A place to discuss the MN Twins
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Doogie: Twins sign Carlos Santana

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
boxter432

Re: Doogie: Twins sign Carlos Santana

Post by boxter432 »

Smooth
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Needed. Not quite Jim Thome at the end of his career, but a little similar. Guy's at least a professional hitter.
Go get Snell or Montgomery to salvage this shitty offseason.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

feekdogg wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:10 pm Needed. Not quite Jim Thome at the end of his career, but a little similar. Guy's at least a professional hitter.
Given Snell rejected 5/150 from the Yankees and Boras wants him to get 7/240, I think he's priced himself out of the Twins' budget.

Seriously though, fuck those two. Boras and his clients think they are bigger than the game.

Montgomery is the only Boras client that I'd consider giving a long-term deal to, but definitely not for the terms that Boras thinks all of his clients deserve.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

So guess that means no more Donnie Barrels.... :cry:

But Carlos is better so kudos to Falvine!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

There's room for both, but I like that this kind of tells Miranda (and to a lesser extent, Kiriloff), get your shit together or have fun in St. Paul.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

feekdogg wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:26 am There's room for both, but I like that this kind of tells Miranda (and to a lesser extent, Kiriloff), get your shit together or have fun in St. Paul.
Are you saying you believe there's room for both Carlos AND Donnie??!
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Hornets wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:28 am
feekdogg wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:26 am There's room for both, but I like that this kind of tells Miranda (and to a lesser extent, Kiriloff), get your shit together or have fun in St. Paul.
Nope. Carlos and Miranda. Unless they are planning on going with Gordon, Castro and Martin as CF safety nets, the next bat they sign needs to be abke to play CF.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

feekdogg wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:35 am
Nope. Carlos and Miranda. Unless they are planning on going with Gordon, Castro and Martin as CF safety nets, the next bat they sign needs to be abke to play CF.
Oh, ok...that makes more sense!
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Santana hits left handed pitching pretty well, which was a need for us.

Really need another starter now.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

They actually did something? Amazing.
Let's get Tropical
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

I tried to calm down many here (especially Dawg), telling them to be patient and that Falvine would make some moves. The Polanco trade and Santana signing are two of them....I smell at least one more comin! This team is going to be dangerous....if they stay healthy of course!
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Hornets wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:29 pm I tried to calm down many here (especially Dawg), telling them to be patient and that Falvine would make some moves. The Polanco trade and Santana signing are two of them....I smell at least one more comin! This team is going to be dangerous....if they stay healthy of course!
They've barely replaced what they lost. And in Sonny's case, they have no one anywhere near his level from last year (and this is coming from a guy who was fine with letting him go).
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Santana led all first basemen in DRS (+11).

He also hit .291 with runners in scoring position.
The Real Ted

Post by The Real Ted »

feekdogg wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:35 am
Why? You must have missed it. Buxton’s back! I’m pretty sure he’s going to play 2633 consecutive games in centerfield and break Ripken’s streak!

(*the only thing “Buxton’s back!” has ever… or will ever mean is that he’s back on the DL or back off the DL. Wait… there’s a third one… “Buxton’s back… was injured yesterday while he watched baseball activities on television. The Twins have placed him on the 120 day DL….”)
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

feekdogg wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:10 pm Needed. Not quite Jim Thome at the end of his career, but a little similar. Guy's at least a professional hitter.
Montgomery
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Butch Bradford wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:50 pm
Montgomery
It'd be nice to draft or aquire and develop "our" own Ace once again. Seriously, every other team has had many since the Twins have had one.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:03 pm
Butch Bradford wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:50 pm
Montgomery
It'd be nice to draft or aquire and develop "our" own Ace once again. Seriously, every other team has had many since the Twins have had one.
Agreed but here is a way to get a quality top of the rotation starter, without giving up compensation (prospects, draft picks). Just cash.

Sign Montgomery, Falvine!
salamander

Post by salamander »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:44 am
Given Snell rejected 5/150 from the Yankees and Boras wants him to get 7/240, I think he's priced himself out of the Twins' budget.

Seriously though, fuck those two. Boras and his clients think they are bigger than the game.

Montgomery is the only Boras client that I'd consider giving a long-term deal to, but definitely not for the terms that Boras thinks all of his clients deserve.
Fuck the Pohlads.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

salamander wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:39 am
Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:44 am

Fuck the Pohlads.
Fine, Fuck the Pohlads too. But my point was, if he is pricing himself out of the Yankees' budget. He is going to be very disappointed in the end.
Roy D.

Post by Roy D. »

Santana is a bum. Unbelievable anyone signed him.