Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Sign AP??!!!

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Hector

Re: Sign AP??!!!

Post by Hector »

As much as I never was crazy about Mattison, he at least has been decent on his blocking assignments lately.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Hector wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:08 pm As much as I never was crazy about Mattison, he at least has been decent on his blocking assignments lately.
I will agree that has improved, but it was pretty bad first many weeks. I also was literally stunned he caught that pass upfield, which I'm sure most rubes were.
Hector

Post by Hector »

hategreenticemase wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:54 pm
Hector wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:08 pm As much as I never was crazy about Mattison, he at least has been decent on his blocking assignments lately.
I will agree that has improved, but it was pretty bad first many weeks. I also was literally stunned he caught that pass upfield, which I'm sure most rubes were.
True, that catch was shocking. When I'm thinking about bringing in Tevin Coleman for a look, you know the running game options are in a bad way.
hategreenticemase

Hector wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:28 am
True, that catch was shocking. When I'm thinking about bringing in Tevin Coleman for a look, you know the running game options are in a bad way.
You might be as good as Mattison, Hector.
Hector

Post by Hector »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:30 am

Put me in coach...haha.
hategreenticemase

Hector wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:37 am

Put me in coach...haha.
I have heard you are shifty. Right there gives you an edge over him. :lol:

Beef and I had an exchange earlier that I think really nails it. The ol hasn't been good in run game, and even at times has sucked, but Mattison has absolutely made it look worse. Meaning if we had a middle of the road back in there we all likely would have a different perception of our run blocking.
Hector

Post by Hector »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:39 am
Put me in coach...haha.

Beef and I had an exchange earlier that I think really nails it. The ol hasn't been good in run game, and even at times has sucked, but Mattison has absolutely made it look worse. Meaning if we had a middle of the road back in there we all likely would have a different perception of our run blocking.
It looked like maybe Akers was at least pushing him the last few weeks, but some of the "holes" he was picking were non existent.
hategreenticemase

Hector wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:44 am
hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:39 am

Put me in coach...haha.

It looked like maybe Akers was at least pushing him the last few weeks, but some of the "holes" he was picking were non existent.
Yeah, I'm fairly excited to see what Chandler does. I just hope it's not some dramatically different rotation and Mattison gets all the carries.
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

I hope this serves as a valuable lesson to all the young players out there. Don't do what AP did.

I'm sure he gets an NFL pension, but he could've had so much more.
FEB 21 AD'S AUCTION Former star NFL running back and current Houston resident Adrian Peterson has been reported as having financial issues in the past, including being sued for $8.3 million by a loan company in 2021 after defaulting on a 2016 loan.

And now, it appears that those troubles are continuing for the former NFL MVP

According to the listings on an estate sale through Texmax Auctions LLC, Peterson is in the process of auctioning off various items, including former trophies he earned throughout his illustrious career.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
hategreenticemase

Night Train wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:18 pm I hope this serves as a valuable lesson to all the young players out there. Don't do what AP did.

FEB 21 AD'S AUCTION Former star NFL running back and current Houston resident Adrian Peterson has been reported as having financial issues in the past, including being sued for $8.3 million by a loan company in 2021 after defaulting on a 2016 loan.

According to the listings on an estate sale through Texmax Auctions LLC, Peterson is in the process of auctioning off various items, including former trophies he earned throughout his illustrious career.
He is literally one of the dumbest human beings we have ever had on MN sports teams. An absolute moron well before any money issues.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

hategreenticemase wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:24 pm
Night Train wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:18 pm I hope this serves as a valuable lesson to all the young players out there. Don't do what AP did.

He is literally one of the dumbest human beings we have ever had on MN sports teams. An absolute moron well before any money issues.
AD is a prime example of how even at the lowest levels of football all the coaches care about is winning.

He was a person of obvious limited intellect but he did have charisma and was a great athlete. Lots of professional athletes get into financial problems, with one contributing factor being they have been cocooned throughout their lives because of their athletic stardom. They never learned.

As far as the "child rearing" issues he had, where do you think he learned from? What role models did he have? A man with his limited intellect isn;t really father of the year material, but there are willing women spreading for him constantly. They see a mark and easy money even if they have to bear a child for it.

Maybe this financial news will change that course.

I would like to see the Vikings sign him to a one year deal to have him retire as a Minnesota Vikings.
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

One too many camel rentals, I reckon.
Fortune Tellers Make a Killing Nowadays
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

mlhouse wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:30 pm

AD is a prime example of how even at the lowest levels of football all the coaches care about is winning.

He was a person of obvious limited intellect but he did have charisma and was a great athlete. Lots of professional athletes get into financial problems, with one contributing factor being they have been cocooned throughout their lives because of their athletic stardom. They never learned.

As far as the "child rearing" issues he had, where do you think he learned from? What role models did he have? A man with his limited intellect isn;t really father of the year material, but there are willing women spreading for him constantly. They see a mark and easy money even if they have to bear a child for it.

I would like to see the Vikings sign him to a one year deal to have him retire as a Minnesota Vikings.
I hope you meant “one day” deal. I can understand that.

One year?
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Offsides 97 defense

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

He is on Twitter making videos claiming that the rumor of him selling his trophies is false.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"
witljon

Post by witljon »

When Adrian Peterson was at Mankato training camp, after practice my daughter asked if she could get a picture with him. He said after he’s done with an interview. About 10 or 15 minutes later he come out walking through the crowd asking for the little girl who wanted a picture. I took a nice picture of him and my 10 year old daughter.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:36 pm

One year?
Yes. ONE DAY.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

witljon wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:55 pm

When Adrian Peterson was at Mankato training camp, after practice my daughter asked if she could get a picture with him. He said after he’s done with an interview. About 10 or 15 minutes later he come out walking through the crowd asking for the little girl who wanted a picture. I took a nice picture of him and my 10 year old daughter.
He does have charisma and I am not surprised he did that.

Of course, with all of the women he has knocked up I would advise any father to keep their daughter away from him in other situations. I can't imagine what his fn child support payments are. Seven children with multiple women.

I think we ask too much of these men to be role models to tell you the truth.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

mlhouse wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:02 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:36 pm

One year?
Yes. ONE DAY.
I figured it was an error.

Anyway, AP denies all this stuff:

(showing not found?)

https://x.com/AdrianPeterson/status/176 ... 93952?s=20

Who knows?
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

You really hate to see a vicious child abuser fall on hard times. So sad.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
salamander

Post by salamander »

He's not going to help us win at all but can we help him get:

351 yards to pass Barry Sander and be #4 all time yards
4 Rushing TD's to pass Marcus Allen and be #3 in rushing TD's

Obviously just joking but I wish we'd have done this for him years ago at a league minimum salary.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:03 pm You really hate to see a vicious child abuser fall on hard times. So sad.
You're a proven racist. We all make mistakes. Should your proven racism define you for the rest of your life when you finally realize racism is bad?
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.