Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What is the Kaprizov injury?

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Axl

What is the Kaprizov injury?

Post by Axl »

Dean Evason told Russo that Kaprizov is basically still hurt. What is the injury?
Hornets

Re: What is the Kaprizov injury?

Post by Hornets »

Axl wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:49 pm Dean Evason told Russo that Kaprizov is basically still hurt. What is the injury?
Pretty sure it's never been publicly disclosed. As mentioned previously, when you watch the replay from the hit that hurt him the first thought is groin, but due to the weight of that guy coming down on KK I also wonder about his hip(s). Groin injury's can take quite a while to heal, especially for world class hockey players, but I've never know one to take months to heal. Maybe he tweaked it? Maybe it's something else that is more serious and that surgery might be an option but KK and his team decided to use rest and therapy as the fix? Whatever it is it is clearly hampering his play....and that's a MAJOR bummer for the squad.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Axl

Post by Axl »

Russo was on Barreiro earlier tonight and said it’s “something you more associate with football players”. And said that Spurgeon basically had same/similar injury in past.
dennis1

Post by dennis1 »

Tonight on the TNT pregame they said the latest one was broken ribs.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

dennis1 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:35 pm Tonight on the TNT pregame they said the latest one was broken ribs.
And to think (Jets?) fans were calling him a pussy after the cross-check that did him in.
Tundra Scout

Post by Tundra Scout »

Slap Shot wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:15 pm
dennis1 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:35 pm Tonight on the TNT pregame they said the latest one was broken ribs.
And to think (Jets?) fans were calling him a pussy after the cross-check that did him in.
Jets fans can pound sand
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

The cross checks to KK were obvious and deliberate. Still ticks me off that cross checking is a penalty but is rarely called. The replay clearly shows what happened and KK may end up missing 3 weeks of play because of it. Why doesn't the NHL fine or suspend Dillon over this? Just because a penalty was not called should not be an excuse as to why there is no follow up discipline...
dennis1

Post by dennis1 »

I've never had a broken rib, but they say "it only hurts when you breathe".
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

dennis1 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:38 pm

I have and it’s incredibly painful. Just sitting down or standing up makes you want to yelp like you’ve just been shot. They better have some sort of Kevlar sleeve or something he can wear around his midsection because other teams, especially a dirtbag organization like the Jets will target him there.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:09 am
dennis1 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:38 pm

I have and it’s incredibly painful. Just sitting down or standing up makes you want to yelp like you’ve just been shot. They better have some sort of Kevlar sleeve or something he can wear around his midsection because other teams, especially a dirtbag organization like the Jets will target him there.
If it's not fully healed this will remain a problem all season long. The awkward positions and heavy hits players take are not a recipe for recovery. Anxious to see him back in the lineup but not holding my breath that he'll be fine from here on out. Appears to be a lost season...
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

Rickets.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

The dirtbag that inflicted his injury is likely looking at another suspension.
Tundra Scout

Post by Tundra Scout »

Slap Shot wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:24 am The dirtbag that inflicted his injury is likely looking at another suspension.
What he do now?
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Tundra Scout wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:50 am
Slap Shot wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:24 am The dirtbag that inflicted his injury is likely looking at another suspension.
What he do now?
Used his shoulder to stop another player's head.
Tundra Scout

Post by Tundra Scout »

Slap Shot wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:05 pm
Tundra Scout wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:50 am
What he do now?
Used his shoulder to stop another player's head.
I believe he got 3 games