Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Your thoughts nationally?

Home for Gopher football topics
hategreenticemase

Your thoughts nationally?

Post by hategreenticemase »

I didn't get to see much other than FSU - LSU second half last night. FSU may finally be coached well again? Seems obvious LSU overrated.

Biggest shocker obviously Colorado. I didn't see it but was driving for a good portion of the second half and it was actually on the radio are KFAN. Every time TCU would take the weed again Sanders would respond for a big play. I'm very curious to see what he looks like at quarterback, his number for sick Saturday.

OSU was closer game than I would have thought - anyone watch? Or thoughts on anyone else?
WannaBeProGolferGuy

Re: Your thoughts nationally?

Post by WannaBeProGolferGuy »

hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:28 am I didn't get to see much other than FSU - LSU second half last night. FSU may finally be coached well again? Seems obvious LSU overrated.

Biggest shocker obviously Colorado. I didn't see it but was driving for a good portion of the second half and it was actually on the radio are KFAN. Every time TCU would take the weed again Sanders would respond for a big play. I'm very curious to see what he looks like at quarterback, his number for sick Saturday.

OSU was closer game than I would have thought - anyone watch? Or thoughts on anyone else?
Keep an eye out for Washington as they dismantled a Boise State team who was picked to win the Mountain West and supposedly has a really really good defense.

I watched Colorado vs TCU and was pumped for Coach Prime to win. Always loved me some neon Deion. Last season, TCU caught lightning in a bottle to make it to the National Title game and they (TCU) were not going to be as good as last year. But the roster turnover Coach Prime did was very very impressive.

I suspect by December it will come down to Georgia, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, and USC.
hategreenticemase

WannaBeProGolferGuy wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:12 am
hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:28 am I didn't get to see much other than FSU - LSU second half last night. FSU may finally be coached well again? Seems obvious LSU overrated.

Keep an eye out for Washington as they dismantled a Boise State team who was picked to win the Mountain West and supposedly has a really really good defense.

I watched Colorado vs TCU and was pumped for Coach Prime to win. Always loved me some neon Deion. Last season, TCU caught lightning in a bottle to make it to the National Title game and they (TCU) were not going to be as good as last year. But the roster turnover Coach Prime did was very very impressive.

I suspect by December it will come down to Georgia, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, and USC.
Who is better out of Mich and OSU?
WannaBeProGolferGuy

hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:25 am

Based off 1 game, I would have to say Michigan. I was flipping through several games on Saturday so I can't say I watch all games in entirety, but, from what I observed, Michigan looked more of a "complete" team. I was watching a B1G preview show a few weeks ago and the talking heads were stating the O-Line rotation is 10 deep and all 10 could play in the NFL. Plus, they are returning most of their defense, 2 running backs and starting QB.

OSU passing game didn't look the same as with Fields and Stroud the past few seasons. This was McCords first start and while he wasn't Leidner bad, I expected a more from the OSU QB. Still OSU, did end up winning by 20 on the road to a B1G team.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Today's lesson is don't get injured. It screws you out of a spot in the playoff you earned by going undefeated in a P5 conference.
hategreenticemase

feekdogg wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:45 am Today's lesson is don't get injured. It screws you out of a spot in the playoff you earned by going undefeated in a P5 conference.
Naw man, it's proves what an utter and embarrassing farce.the NCAA has been and is. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the four teams that were selected today. Actually I think a case can be made that Georgia is better than Texas, but in terms of what teams to take in this moronic format that they have, they got it right.

Where the farce is and what's completely and utterly embarrassing is the fact that it's a 4 team playoff. It's absurd and preposterous that it's taken decades to fix something incredibly simple to fix. Of course it's flat out wrong FSU is undefeated and not having a chance to compete for a title. Especially because it's goddamn needless. But I got to be honest I think it's equally ridiculous but Georgia, clearly one of the five best teams in the country, doesn't get a chance to defend their title. They don't get the chance to win their third straight. Why? Because of an asinine arbitrary moronic 4 playoff format.

Every other college sport and every other professional sport as a postseason involving 18 or more. Not CF. Just think about the fact that we used to have a 2 team playoff and their big solution to that issue is to go to 4. Absurd. The fact that it took decades to fix something so simple is something I will never get my mind wrapped around.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

What a sham. FSU earned it. They were ranked higher than Texas and Alabama last week and followed it up with a dominant defensive performance against a Louisville team that averages 31 points per game. Apparently winning a conference championship drops you in the rankings?
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

controversy. hook em horns. the program is back in a big way.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

FSU got screwed big time. Travis was injured 2 weeks ago. If the committee felt Florida st was a weaker team with a backup qb then why would they keep them in the top 4 all this time? Doing that just to drop them in the end makes no sense whatsoever.

The sad part is the acc was against playoff expansion and had they been supportive this may not have happened.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Alabama and Texas are worth more money than FSU.
Let's get Tropical
WannaBeProGolferGuy

Damn nice call man, damn nice call. It's almost like you know a thing or 2 about college football about proclaiming keeping an eye out for Washington way back in September
WannaBeProGolferGuy

WannaBeProGolferGuy wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:45 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:25 am

Based off 1 game, I would have to say Michigan. I was flipping through several games on Saturday so I can't say I watch all games in entirety, but, from what I observed, Michigan looked more of a "complete" team. I was watching a B1G preview show a few weeks ago and the talking heads were stating the O-Line rotation is 10 deep and all 10 could play in the NFL. Plus, they are returning most of their defense, 2 running backs and starting QB.

OSU passing game didn't look the same as with Fields and Stroud the past few seasons. This was McCords first start and while he wasn't Leidner bad, I expected a more from the OSU QB. Still OSU, did end up winning by 20 on the road to a B1G team.
And now Michigan who is rated 1 overall and Washington #2. And no Ohio State didn't look the same with McCord and a cast of NFL receivers. My miss was that I did NOT see Texas coming and blindly thought USC's defense would be better and Caleb Williams would carry USC--but now as of Dec 4th 2023 way way way too many red flags with Williams
hategreenticemase

SKOLMN wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:14 pm FSU got screwed big time. Travis was injured 2 weeks ago. If the committee felt Florida st was a weaker team with a backup qb then why would they keep them in the top 4 all this time? Doing that just to drop them in the end makes no sense whatsoever.

The sad part is the acc was against playoff expansion and had they been supportive this may not have happened.
I said this when rankings came out, the team who really got hosed is Georgia. Holy fuck they are destroying FSU. For those "missing their best player" - indeed, however he doesn't play defense. 49 points they 2.5 quarters.

Again, my contention has been as messed up as it is that a team can win conf and be undefeated and not make it, the bigger issue has always been how utterly fn absurd it is that any legit teams do - it's been preposterous only 4 get in. That's the true messed up nonsense. Thankfully that's over now.
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:30 pm
SKOLMN wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:14 pm FSU got screwed big time. Travis was injured 2 weeks ago. If the committee felt Florida st was a weaker team with a backup qb then why would they keep them in the top 4 all this time? Doing that just to drop them in the end makes no sense whatsoever.

I said this when rankings came out, the team who really got hosed is Georgia. Holy fuck they are destroying FSU. For those "missing their best player" - indeed, however he doesn't play defense. 49 points they 2.5 quarters.

Again, my contention has been as messed up as it is that a team can win conf and be undefeated and not make it, the bigger issue has always been how utterly fn absurd it is that any legit teams do - it's been preposterous only 4 get in. That's the true messed up nonsense. Thankfully that's over now.
Not to make too many excuses but Florida st had an enormous list of players opt out, I don’t believe this game is as big a blow out if they all played. But to your point an argument can be made Georgia also got screwed.

What I’m wondering is plenty of ppl hated the bcs before the playoff was created and wanted it gone, well if there was still a selection criteria for the playoff like the bcs implemented this scenario likely would’ve been avoided. Be careful of what you wish for
hategreenticemase

SKOLMN wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:09 pm

Not to make too many excuses but Florida st had an enormous list of players opt out, I don’t believe this game is as big a blow out if they all played. But to your point an argument can be made Georgia also got screwed.

What I’m wondering is plenty of ppl hated the bcs before the playoff was created and wanted it gone, well if there was still a selection criteria for the playoff like the bcs implemented this scenario likely would’ve been avoided. Be careful of what you wish for
Not really sure what you are saying. But overall, all I care about is at least it's right amoubt of teams getting in now. So ridiculous it took this long.
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:33 pm
SKOLMN wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:09 pm

Not really sure what you are saying. But overall, all I care about is at least it's right amoubt of teams getting in now. So ridiculous it took this long.
You’re saying Georgia got screwed cause they were one of the 4 best teams and should’ve been in the playoffs but werent evidenced by them beating down Florida st. If the bcs was still around the committee could’ve determined they still deserve to be in even though they lost the sec title game. Ppl hated the bcs cause it was subjective and instead wanted a playoff format where teams got in based on game results. But yes with an expanded playoff not a big deal now
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/31/us/c ... =url-share

The Best Teams That Money Could Buy

The four teams in the College Football Playoff used cash payments from fan “collectives” in unique ways to build their rosters, showing how much an influx of money has changed college sports.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Obviously not limited to football butt...

Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »