Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Weathergeddon 2024

NFL Chat
Gork

Weathergeddon 2024

Post by Gork »

- temps at kickoff in KC! Up to 3 feet of snow in Buffalo with winds up to 60 MPH! :o :o :o
There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but Calebs' stupidity will remain!

TRUMPHUMPERS :humper: ™ ARE TRAITORS!

Proud member of the RFP!

Never trust a former president who wears Jim Bakker’s haircut and Tammy Faye’s makeup.
Hornets

Re: Weathergeddon 2024

Post by Hornets »

Gork wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:45 pm - temps at kickoff in KC! Up to 3 feet of snow in Buffalo with winds up to 60 MPH! :o :o :o
I'll be watching on my 75" HDTV from the comforts of my home sitting on my barcalounger!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Gork

Post by Gork »

Hornets wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:25 pm
Gork wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:45 pm - temps at kickoff in KC! Up to 3 feet of snow in Buffalo with winds up to 60 MPH! :o :o :o
I'll be watching on my 75" HDTV from the comforts of my home sitting on my barcalounger!
You probably got that chair as a parting gift from Bob Eubanks!

I may be going to Buffalo Monday to dig out my son. last year's storm left 4' in his driveway!
There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but Calebs' stupidity will remain!

Proud member of the RFP!

Never trust a former president who wears Jim Bakker’s haircut and Tammy Faye’s makeup.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Gork wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:38 pm

I may be going to Buffalo Monday to dig out my son. last year's storm left 4' in his driveway!
Maybe Weimy will loan you his new shovel that he recently got at Ace Hardware!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Hornets wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:45 pm

you mean you didn't get yours? i get to break it in tomorrow. enough to shovel right now. love bad weather games in the playoffs.
Gork

Post by Gork »

2014 Ariens will be loaded into the truck Sunday

Proud member of the RFP!

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Gork wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:08 pm 2014 Ariens will be loaded into the truck Sunday
is it supposed to be snowing during the game?
Gork

Post by Gork »

Supposed to start Sat. Winter storm warning until Mon. Depends on wind direction and when they die off. The beauty of Lake Effect.

Proud member of the RFP!

Hornets

Post by Hornets »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:05 pm

you mean you didn't get yours? i get to break it in tomorrow. enough to shovel right now. love bad weather games in the playoffs.
I decided to wait until you used yours and gave a review of it!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Hornets wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:49 pm

the hardware store has two of them that they use to shovel their own sidewalks. hope that helps.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:41 pm
Hornets wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:49 pm

the hardware store has two of them that they use to shovel their own sidewalks. hope that helps.
That's good but I still want to hear back from you!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Ticket prices plummet for Dolphins-Chiefs playoff game with bitter cold temperatures in the forecast
You can attend Saturday's Dolphins-Chiefs playoff game for just $50, but be prepared for brutally cold conditions

https://sports.yahoo.com/ticket-prices- ... 53100.html
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Bills offer $20 per hour for volunteer shovelers with heavy snow forecast for AFC wild-card game

With heavy snow on the way, the Buffalo Bills are putting out a call for volunteer snow-shovelers for the night before their AFC wild-card game.

The team posted an announcement Friday requesting anyone interested in shoveling snow Saturday night to report to Highmark Stadium at 10 p.m. on Saturday and prepare to work through the night. The Bills are scheduled to face the Pittsburgh Steelers at 1 p.m. on Sunday.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-offer-20 ... 45058.html
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

steelers/bills moved to monday
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i guess that's the right call. i was looking forward to watching that game from the comfort of my living room though.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Wonder when/if there's ever been a playoff game postponed before? As Weimy mentioned I was looking forward to watching everyone in Buffalo be completely miserable due to the weather whilst I sat in complete comfort here in Minny!
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

I dont like the move. Should they wait out the cold for the chiefs game?

If this is the route they are going, move the playoffs to indoor sites only.

why should buffalo/steelers get a break?
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i think they were more concerned with road conditions getting to the game than the weather conditions for the game itself. fan safety.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

gonna turn my thermostat down from 64° to 62° to stand in solidarity with the folks going to the game tonight

🆎 (@theABinKC) January 13, 2024
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

it's probably going to be colder than the vikings/seahawks game at the end of the night.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

weimy froob wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:22 pm gonna turn my thermostat down from 64° to 62° to stand in solidarity with the folks going to the game tonight

🆎 (@theABinKC) January 13, 2024
:lol:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Steelers vs Bills playoff matchup remains in jeopardy

The playoff showdown between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Buffalo Bills had to be moved from Saturday to Monday to account for a massive snowstorm that moved into the area creating dangerous conditions and even a travel ban.

But as we sit on Sunday, just 24 hours to kickoff, things are no better and this could force yet another schedule change. The forecast for Monday is colder but with slightly less wind and snow. However, after several days straight of blizzard conditions, there’s no way the roads and facilities will be at 100 percent.

However, moving the game a second time creates some very interesting problems. Do you keep the game in Buffalo and just move it out another day? The weather on Tuesday appears to be no better. Or does the league opt for a neutral site? If so, a decision would have to be made today to allow for travel and other logistical hangups.

But another move creates one even bigger issue related to competitive fairness. The Texans and Chiefs will already have an extra day of rest and to prepare and moving the game to Tuesday puts the Bills and Steelers another day behind. The reality is if the league plans to play the game on Monday, they might have well played it on Sunday given the weather. If this matchup ends up being played on Tuesday, the entire slate of game will need to be adjusted in fairness to the winner.
Gork

Post by Gork »

Anyone questioning the decision to move the game, check out this video from yesterday!

https://sports.yahoo.com/wild-weather-s ... 23507.html

Proud member of the RFP!

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Bills put out call for more snow shovelers to clear Highmark Stadium for rescheduled playoff game vs. Steelers

If you live in Buffalo and can shovel snow, the Buffalo Bills need your help.

The blizzard that forced the NFL to postpone the playoff game between the Bills and Pittsburgh Steelers is over, but the snow it dumped on the area is still blanketing Highmark Stadium. The Bills, who had already been paying locals to shovel snow overnight, put out another call for shovelers Monday morning.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bills-put- ... 19532.html