Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Anybody's scholl threated/excited about the realignment opera?

Discuss college sports here
shatminster fuller

Anybody's scholl threated/excited about the realignment opera?

Post by shatminster fuller »

Gophers shouldn't be to affected. Maybe they'll pick up and Iowa St, which would be a god-send for them.. That might happen later, but I think realignment is going to go slow this time. The BG10 can get anyone from the Big12 immediately no need to rush. SEC hit a home run; I think BG10 will try to snag a prime school from ACC or PAC. They need to make a splash; k-state is not going to do it. I think the Big12 will remain by grabbing G5 programs only. Some people are saying that it's the AAC and MWC which will grab the BIG12 schools. I've heard rumors that this was orchestrated by ESPN, who wanted to find a backdoor way to get out of their TV contract. Now that that's out, there's too much money in the Big12 to breakup short-term.
If that's correct, G5 could stay fairly stable, maybe losing UCF, Cinci, etc. Now if WV goes to ACC, or OSU to PAC, Kansas to Big10 ... or if BIG10 manages to get Clemson or USC, then Katie bar the door. That's huge (for the context, I'm really not a college football/basketball fan anymore, but I like to follow machinations like this and speculate.
Salut les Terriens!
La culture domine tout, elle est la condition sine qua non de notre civilisation…
The Lizard King

Re: Anybody's scholl threated/excited about the realignment opera?

Post by The Lizard King »

I am!

"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." - KDC
The Lizard King

I'm looking forward to USC at UMN in 2025! See you in Huntington Bank Stadium.

"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." - KDC
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Stupid question perhaps - if there are no divisions how are the BT championship finalists determined? 1 vs 2 by overall conference record and tie-breakers?
WannaBeProGolferGuy

Post by WannaBeProGolferGuy »

Slap Shot wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:10 am Stupid question perhaps - if there are no divisions how are the BT championship finalists determined? 1 vs 2 by overall conference record and tie-breakers?
Yes, If I heard accurately, for football, it is the two teams with the best record. Instead of East vs West. Thus, it's possible 12-0 OSU vs 12-0 Michigan on Saturday after Thanksgiving could repeat itself the following Saturday Night night since both could have the best 2 records, OR,

Your University of Minnesota Golden Gophers could go 12-0 (I always loved that one) and face OSU, or Michigan, PSU, USC, or UCLA.
The Lizard King

Both Oregon and Washington will be in the B1G starting in 2024 with a little less than half a member's share.
The Lizard King

The presentation of the B1G on NBC/Peacock needs a little work.

The Lizard King

Fight On!